Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers are not a good football team.

The OL might be bottom 3 in the NFL. Rivers is getting blasted every other drop back.

Keenan Allen and Mike Williams are great. No complaints.

Travis Benjamin is a loving cancer and I have no idea why he's still here.

The vaunted pass rush is anemic. Bosa and Ingram aren't doing anything.

The secondary is dead. They're starting players with madden generated names.

We're going to lose to Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

a neat cape posted:

Alright Kawalimus

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

nah posted:

I do not understand how it is possible to watch just one football game now. The commercials, endless penalties, reviews, long referee meetings. It’s a goddamn dull dreck. RedZone or death

It's the perfect "doing work on monitor 1 with the game on on monitor 2" sport

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a neat cape posted:

The OL might be bottom 3 in the NFL. Rivers is getting blasted every other drop back.

Benjamin's hands are dire

e: Like seriously Chargers probably win the game if he can hold onto a pass

It was funny seeing the crew talk up Gipson's defense on that throw to the end zone then stutter and try to change their story when the replay showed he just straight dropped it

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

eagles officially in panic mode

Trade a first to Jacksonville for BDN.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

What

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

mastershakeman posted:

It's only doable if you're hanging out with friends or working or cleaning or something. Even playoffs are tough to watch

I mainly watch now by reading forums then look on Twitter when people say a big play happened, or just check play by plays and search Twitter for scoring plays. It works really well

Get in some Fire Emblem turns during breaks in the game

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Its Rinaldo posted:

Get in some Fire Emblem turns during breaks in the game

No time Ive only saved kamurocbo 5 times and need to do it 3 more

Also I got dmcv for my birthday and I'm staring at the plat requirements in fear

Between those, death stranding soon, and iceborne on PC in 2020 I am loving SET

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

mcmagic posted:

They spent a 5th on that loving kicker who can't make a 34 yard FG lol.

I mean so did MN, but we cut him and now hes on the Jets :shrug:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

OxySnake posted:

I mean so did MN, but we cut him and now hes on the Jets :shrug:

He actually cost us a win on week 1 and then was cut. So gently caress all of us I guess.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MJeff posted:

Quote this post if you think it's hilarious that the Steelers traded their first rounder in a year where they're gonna have maybe 4 wins.

Depends to whom they traded it

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Losing Okung hurts really fuckin badly. The left side of the line has been really bad so far this season - Scott's a backup for a reason; Feeney just looks blah out there. The whole line in general has been a sore spot on the team but those two have been the worst. Five goddamned sacks given up to a pass rush that's kind of mediocre outside of Watt.

Tyrell was probably gonna leave anyway, but I would've at least wanted the team to make a play and keep him. Benjamin loving sucks and the only time he was ever decent was the second game against the Chiefs last year. He's loving dire.

...that being said they'll probably beat Miami because the Dolphins aren't even an NFL team anymore. And they started off pretty slow last year too. But this Charger team feels 7-9/8-8-ish this season.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

How did the Packers look today? I didn't catch the game because I was remodeling my guest bedroom all day and also the NFL is excruciating.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Alright Kawalimus

I think it’s one of those things where the Chargers inexplicably lose like 34-3 to bad Miami teams every other year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

I think it’s one of those things where the Chargers inexplicably lose like 34-3 to bad Miami teams every other year.

The Chargers never win in Miami.

Ever.

Except that one playoff game from before I was born

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1175941334454157312

all aboard the hype train

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Petite Dinklage posted:

How did the Packers look today? I didn't catch the game because I was remodeling my guest bedroom all day and also the NFL is excruciating.

Defense looked great in getting three turnovers, bad in run defense. Offense still bad.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Bucs are like McDonald's. You go back every time expecting something appealing but you just leave with sadness and regret

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Leon Einstein posted:

Defense looked great in getting three turnovers, bad in run defense. Offense still bad.

So exactly like the first two games, except the defense got turnovers this time. Gotcha.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Petite Dinklage posted:

So exactly like the first two games, except the defense got turnovers this time. Gotcha.

Nah man they've forced 8 turnovers through 3 games (best in NFL), got 3 today.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Refs suck and are ruining football

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nah man they've forced 8 turnovers through 3 games (best in NFL), got 3 today.

Huh, it doesn't seem that high, but maybe I am just thinking of all of the near-interceptions they've dropped. It's weird having a good defense, I don't know how to feel

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
The 49ers definitely should have lost this game. But a win is a win. Defense completely bailed out the offense today even giving up the two long TD's.

Clean up the turnovers and enjoy your week off. I really hope Witherspoon's injury isn't serious, as soon as Verrett came in he got torched immediately. :supaburn:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Baker sucks
Freddie is a moron
Monken sucks to

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Want to hear a knock knock joke? Alright:

Knock knock
*Baker Mayfield runs away*

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Baker's pocket presence is pretty bad. He has every reason not to trust his tackles, but his first instinct should be to step up not to roll out and back.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns takes:

Baker has been under a lot of pressure, but now has happy feet where he runs away from pressure that isn't there when the line holds.

Chubb and OBJ both living up to expectations, when we get the ball to them.

Our loving playcalling sucks rear end, but I'm willing to buy the theory Freddie thought it was third down.

Defense held the Rams to 20 points which isn't too bad when our whole starting secondary was out. Maybe some of those starters shouldn't be starters when they come back?

Overall this was better than I expected. I also thought that was actually a good game despite the poo pooing in the thread. The first half was boring, but the second half was fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Guess which way Baker scrambled on this play

https://twitter.com/PeakShae/status/1175975637380739072

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
baker gabbert

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yikes

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Has Baker even run the ball once this year? I think the defense might just know that wasn't a threat. That one fumble was him trying desperately to hand the ball to a confused runningback, who seemed to at first think he was being asked to lead block.

Has someone threatened to murder a loved one if he runs for a gain or something?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

unsolvable conundrum, nothing he could do i think

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He's no Daniel Jones

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1175976779384623104?s=21

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
No way, lmfao.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it is wrong unless 'SNF' is some kind of corporate word meaning the current show on the current network at the current time

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

this feels erroneous

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams twitter is tearing itself apart over Goffs performance after a win lol