Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

double nine posted:

so the batty tranquility, is there any way to SA the third target without using the weird gun drop exploit?

Sure. Take out the guard that's patrolling the grounds of Cassidys house, throw a coin or whatever at the fence right behind the third target when he's alone, wait for him to come over, knock him out, drag him to the creek, dump, done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

sauer kraut posted:

Banker lady has weird scripting and anything you wouldn't expect can break stuff, temporarily or permanently who tf knows. Planting the vodka, turning off wifi, being in the room with the funny pullover or disguised as IT guy, you name it.
I managed to get her to the award once, but I forgot the circumstances.

Got it now, someone on reddit mentioned they can reproduce it with the following circumstances, and it worked for me:

investment banker start/disguise
shut down the wifi in her office
wait until she notices and calls for IT to come fix it
while she's calling her assistant, turn on the gramophone

I watched some videos about the old bug they "fixed" by making her immune to distractions, I can see how that was funny or annoying depending on what you were trying to achieve :haw:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I'd really like the emetic grenade to have a large enough radius of effect for it to be able to actually hit a single target that I aimed for it to land six inches behind, then it bounced once and moved a foot ahead of them, which put it out of range. From about five feet away. While they're standing still. With their back to 47.

I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation or too overpowered.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

orcane posted:

Got it now, someone on reddit mentioned they can reproduce it with the following circumstances, and it worked for me:

investment banker start/disguise
shut down the wifi in her office
wait until she notices and calls for IT to come fix it
while she's calling her assistant, turn on the gramophone

I watched some videos about the old bug they "fixed" by making her immune to distractions, I can see how that was funny or annoying depending on what you were trying to achieve :haw:

To get her to go over to the statue, I personally just snuck into her office wearing my suit, then just turned the gramophone on while she was in the side-room to her office. When she came back in again (and I was behind a nearby column, I think) she went over to it and I simply snuck up next to her and did the deed. I didn't need to mess around with her wifi or PC. (Although, this was right after the map was released. No idea if anything has changed, since)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Major Isoor posted:

No idea if anything has changed, since
Yeah, they've bugged her :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, they've bugged her :v:

Oh. :v: I'm glad I got that out of the way early, then! My condolences to anyone who still needs the challenge though, as that news sucks.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

To get her to go over to the statue, I personally just snuck into her office wearing my suit, then just turned the gramophone on while she was in the side-room to her office. When she came back in again (and I was behind a nearby column, I think) she went over to it and I simply snuck up next to her and did the deed. I didn't need to mess around with her wifi or PC. (Although, this was right after the map was released. No idea if anything has changed, since)

Yeah I know how she's supposed to work, the instructions I quoted are specifically to get her to the award in her currently broken state.

The earlier version of the map had the issue that she would abort her fall through the window if she was distracted during the animation, apparently (eg. if you dropped coins right behind her). The fix to that bug makes it so she generally doesn't act on distractions anymore, so even though she notices them (including an "investigating" picture in picture), she'll continue her general scripting and movement.

What caused the trashcan puke thing that makes drowning assassinations nearly impossible for some targets now?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

orcane posted:

What caused the trashcan puke thing that makes drowning assassinations nearly impossible for some targets now?
It was ever thus. NPCs can throw up in bins or toilets and choose the closest when poisoned. It's always made the drowning challenges a faff but IOI haven't cared until now.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Nah, the trashcan puke issue got worse after Siberia was released. They probably changed something in the vomit code for that, and haven't fixed it yet.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Nah, the trashcan puke issue got worse after Siberia was released. They probably changed something in the vomit code for that, and haven't fixed it yet.
How exactly did it get worse? As far as I can tell they still just go to the closest available spot, regardless of what it is.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

My usual morning routine involves kicking off a bunch of followed SA threads in their own tabs and then doing something else while they load. Usually I can figure out what thread they are just by reading the new posts.

Usually.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

That's what I mean: Now they'll go to the closest spot, instead of the nearest toilet. I don't have any comprehensive review, but for example, most folks when stuck with an emetic would path to a toilet, first. I'm thinking specifically of Colorado, where Sean or the recent ET would use the upstairs toilet, instead of the trashcans close to it.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Pilchenstein posted:

How exactly did it get worse? As far as I can tell they still just go to the closest available spot, regardless of what it is.

This wasn't the case before, e.g. with Athena. When I poisoned her she would walk all the way downstairs to the toilet outside the security room to puke. I don't know what she does now, but people only started complaining about this puke behavior recently.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, I specifically noticed a change right around the time Siberia came out; I was trying to grind some challenges and contracts in Sgail, where I'd start as a server and do an emetic poison on a drink to get an easy costume out of it. It used to work where the target would head into the restroom for an easy drown and stash, but then one day suddenly that same target would only ever use a specific trashcan on the party floor. Made it impossible to complete the contract I was in the middle of using to knock out some challenges, and it definitely didn't always work that way.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Oceanbound posted:

This wasn't the case before, e.g. with Athena. When I poisoned her she would walk all the way downstairs to the toilet outside the security room to puke. I don't know what she does now, but people only started complaining about this puke behavior recently.

Maybe they changed it for the emetic grenade? But yeah I can't remember many instances where poison victims would rush to the nearest trashcan.

For Athena, there's a trashcan on the CEO floor next to the glass door leading downstairs to the security room, it'skinda hidden by the wood paneling. Athena goes to puke there, as does the head of accounts guy if you poison his drink on the table where he has his notebook. The only way I could drown her was causing a lockdown (cause a ruckus in her office on the side of her safe room), then hitting her with an emetic syringe after she cools down and starts moving back. You have to hit her immediately as she leaves, though, if she only moves a few steps too far she goes straight for the trashcan upstairs again.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

There's at least one Featured Contract I wasted an hour on before looking up some online guides and finding out the intended technique no longer works because the targets no longer head to the bathroom to vomit. This was in Miami, so it's not a problem with legacy maps being updated.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

They probably changed something in the vomit code

If it wasn't already perfect, I would nominate this for the thread title.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Blowjob Overtime posted:

If it wasn't already perfect, I would nominate this for the thread title.

THAT... is what they changed in the vomit code, 47.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
new update list: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-september-update/

relevant:
Known Issues

‘Hold my Hair’ challenges are difficult to complete due to emetic poison causing NPCs to find the nearest trashcan (rubbish bin) instead of a toilet
Status: We have identified the issue that seems to be causing NPC preference to trashcans rather than toilets and made some progress on solving it. It appears to have stemmed from a previous change for a specific trashcan and have made some changes in the live game for it but are continuing to work towards a final solution.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If it happened in the Siberia update, it was probably to do with getting the criminal boss to go to a toilet when you poisoned his food.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

Haven Island DLC will be approximately 3.5 GB and Special Assignments Pack 2 will be approximately 8.5 GB, due to including two locations in the pack. On PC, the combined download size is approximately 10GB.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is it going to forcibly download the whole thing even if I don't own the DLC :(

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Do we know when on the 24th the map drops?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-september-update/

September 24th

Xbox One (Global) 13:00 UTC
PS4 (Europe) 13:00 UTC
PS4 (North America) 15:00 UTC
PC (Global) 17:00 UTC

September 25th

PS4 (Asia) 03:00 UTC
PS4 (Japan) 03:00 UTC

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Even before the latest changes I always found the hold my hair challenge to be the hardest to complete. Not to mention it was kinda pointless, if you were in a position to emetic someone, why not use poison instead?

For mumbai I had to create a specific contract for myself to get it done, as I couldn't get any of the three targets from the main mission to head to a toilet.

I just made the guard in Dawood's office who stands by the stairs the target, lured him into the bathroom with a coin and emeticed him there. Even that sucked as sometimes the guard downstairs could sometimes see through the glass, but sometimes not and I never could tell why. It didn't seem to be dependent on his head turning, so :shrug:. There was probably an easier way, but :effort:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Can't help with inconsistent visibility issues, but you don't strictly need emetics to drown targets in toilets.

Place a coin directly in front of the toilet, lure the target into the room so they notice it, they'll walk over to retrieve it and should be drownable while bending over.

It's a bit finicky, but might be easier in some cases :shrug:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wait a minute; "[...] due to including two locations in the pack." Does that mean...they've reworked a map, for one of the special assignments? If so, yeah! Fourth Sapienza rework here I come! :D (EDIT: Just checked the roadmap; no Sapienza target. Ah well, I can dream)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 24, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

garycoleisgod posted:

Not to mention it was kinda pointless, if you were in a position to emetic someone, why not use poison instead?
Emetic poison is generally much easier to come by in a level than lethal, if you're using your loadout for other things.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mzbundifund posted:

Is it going to forcibly download the whole thing even if I don't own the DLC :(

Nope. You can even uninstall single maps in Steam if you no longer wanna play them, to free some SSD space.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

garycoleisgod posted:

There was probably an easier way, but :effort:
The queen washes her face alone.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
For "Hold my hair" and the bank manager's trophy you can lure people to stand in front of the bog/trophy with coins/whatever and still get the prompt. They don't need to be interacting with the toilet/whatever and you can still drown them/kill them.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Captain Cool posted:

The queen washes her face alone.

:doh: Oh goddammit I suck. I just tried putting puke potion in her tea and getting frustrated when she didn't go yak in a bog.

Drunken Baker posted:

For "Hold my hair" and the bank manager's trophy you can lure people to stand in front of the bog/trophy with coins/whatever and still get the prompt. They don't need to be interacting with the toilet/whatever and you can still drown them/kill them.

Looks like no matter how much of this game I've played, there's still tricks I haven't tried.

Having played every game in this series I feel like 2016/2018 are the easiest levels to get SA on, sight unseen. Is it just me? Playing 2018, I got SA on my first try on Miami, Columbia, Whittleton and Sgail without prior knowledge, just by looking at areas it it easy to pick up on the "correct" disguise and find an easy knock-out. Previous games it seemed like you needed to figure out the individual tricks for each location, but the systems seem more standardized now, so going into a level for the first time you will find it very easy to know which disguises get you where, what zones are trespassing or hostile and the SA conditions are easy to follow, so you don't even need the tracker to tell if you still have SA (bugs notwithstanding).

SASO still takes some a bit more thought and map layout knowledge though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:toot: Just in time for the new map. Now that I am done let me officially say that I hated doing it on Colombia the most out of the HM2 maps, just takes ages and I get annoyed. :v:
With the Colorado's new exits and strategy I used/found that one isn't too bad any more so Bangkok is the worst one in HM1 now IMO. The Bank is a joke to SASO as we all know so that one isn't shown.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Sep 24, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
New unlock: 5 gallon jug of water
Convenient size to fill any bin up with water.

Thus fixing the bug once and for all.
Once and for all!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DalaranJ posted:

Thus fixing the bug once and for all.
Once and for all!

I think filling a trashcan with a water cooler jug might be more suspicious than just stabbing someone.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Takes up a container slot like a suitcase but you can't put anything inside it. Carrying it isn't suspicious but pouring it is. One use only.

Although a portable source of water for slippery floors/electrocution would probably break the game in some really absurd ways.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Brofessor Slayton posted:

Takes up a container slot like a suitcase but you can't put anything inside it. Carrying it isn't suspicious but pouring it is. One use only.
Just feed 47 a watermelon before the mission.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Just feed 47 a watermelon before the mission.

Silenced weapon that's not suspicious to ready - watermelon seeds 47 spits out with lethal force.

Drawback is he can't take any action that involves talking while he's storing them up.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Why is the game now acting like I need to buy Haven Island? There's not even a store entry for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

probably means the store update isnt complete yet, give it a couple hours