Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/lukewsavage/status/1175549934369693696?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Is this Canada's version of "Miss me yet?"

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Powershift posted:

The local liquor store had 18 cans of beer for $15, which i can only assume is the result of Ford-Kenney-Pallister synergy.

Bring on Scheer!

what brand tho?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TVsVeryOwn posted:

what brand tho?

Ranier. Sounds French. That means it’s fancy

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cool I can't wait until they take the science out of science

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Taking the affairs of cities out of the power of the people? A little Cambodian but I am definitely interested.

e: this av makes me so happy, every time I post it brings a smile to my face

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Taking the affairs of cities out of the power of the people? A little Cambodian but I am definitely interested.

e: this av makes me so happy, every time I post it brings a smile to my face

:perfect: :krad: :bisonyes:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Nenshi in WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/09/21/im-calgarys-muslim-mayor-we-can-learn-trudeaus-brownface-moment/

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lmao

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
an election is no place for politics

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

More governance less politics is a folksy little saying I can kinda get behind

Once more the greens are close but so, so far.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I just finished Harold Johnsons new book Peace and Good Order it was very good very illuminating with regards to the community damage done by the court system.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1175799255912652802

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

why even bother giving these people attention?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
isn’t that shitstain writing a column for the globe and mail, or was anyway.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bunch of uppity naggers don't even appreciate the nuances of racism the way I, Ezra Levant, do.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

i wanna know how many times he typed it out with an r before he changed it to slaves

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

we're probably never going to get the CBC defunded so at least cancel your globe subscription

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
gently caress off, the CBC provides invaluable reporting services, like giving this lady a podium so she can complain her neighbour's house is too tall.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

quote:

She doesn't blame her neighbours for building the home — far from it, in fact.

"God no. If I had the money, I would have probably done something similar. But there are rules in place. There are bylaws in place. I didn't think something like this was possible."

guillotine

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I find it amazing that most people can be convinced that John a MacDonald is a shameful artifact of Canadian history yet we can't stop naming everything after Lord Roberts, inventor of the concentration camp.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

That actually might be more embarrassing than the entire history of the us green party

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

autism ZX spectrum posted:

gently caress off, the CBC provides invaluable reporting services, like giving this lady a podium so she can complain her neighbour's house is too tall.

I lost all respect for the CBC during the Rob Ford scandal, when they made a big deal about getting him on The National for a one on one interview with the big man himself, Peter Mansbridge. And instead of asking anything interesting, it was all softball questions that had been asked and answered 25 times before. gently caress the CBC.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/stewglobal/status/1176079783580635136?s=21

cool cool cool very cool

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

extremely chill and normal to let the white people's party into your debate

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

remember in that bullshit questionnaire the libs put out about election reform when they asked if parties with extreme views should be allowed? lol

can't have electoral reform or people might elect extreme leftists.

Instead we're going to legitimize nazis

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
It'll be good to have a couple communist party leaders in the debate as well. I assume if they're letting this guy in, they're inviting them as well?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

wasn’t the justification that they have a chance of competing for a seat?

is this actually verifiable at all?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Powershift posted:

remember in that bullshit questionnaire the libs put out about election reform when they asked if parties with extreme views should be allowed? lol

can't have electoral reform or people might elect extreme leftists.

Instead we're going to legitimize nazis

One proposition states: “A ballot should be easy to understand, even if it means voters have fewer options to express their preferences.”

Another says: “Voters should be able to express multiple preferences on the ballot, even if this means that it takes longer to count the ballots and announce the election result.”

Yet another says: “There should be parties in Parliament that represent the views of all Canadians, even if some are radical or extreme.”

Another section asks respondents to pick between two statements, or “preferences.” Respondents are asked whether “ballots should be as simple as possible so that everybody understands how to vote OR ballots should allow everybody to express their preferences in detail?”

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

the PPC candidate here is "paul mitchell" which makes it REALLY hard to research him.

the other one in the city is is here because she lost in burnaby.

https://www.burnabynow.com/opinion/blogs/is-this-the-last-we-ve-seen-of-laura-lynn-in-burnaby-politics-not-likely-1.23645513

Spoiler alert: she's batshit loving insane

http://www.lauralynn.tv/

This is apparently her and her friends?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

my morning jackass posted:

wasn’t the justification that they have a chance of competing for a seat?

is this actually verifiable at all?

The PPC are polling at approximately fuckall percent

it's because nobody is willing to say they're voting for the PPC out loud

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

watch them win a majority lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

flakeloaf posted:

I think they only need to pull 5-6% to tank the Conservatives chances at a majority.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

this is an extremely spurious connection but if you go here and look at the original polling figures:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_2019_Canadian_federal_election

it seems like polls conducted online or by IVR consistently get the PPC 1-3% higher than telephone polls

one way to interpret that is that 1-3% of the country aren't comfortable saying to a pollster out loud "i plan to vote for the ppc" but are happy to press a button saying so instead

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I think Bernier/PPC will do pretty well. Don't forget, he lost the leadership vote with over 49% of Conservatives supporting his bid.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

vyelkin posted:

this is an extremely spurious connection but if you go here and look at the original polling figures:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_2019_Canadian_federal_election

it seems like polls conducted online or by IVR consistently get the PPC 1-3% higher than telephone polls

one way to interpret that is that 1-3% of the country aren't comfortable saying to a pollster out loud "i plan to vote for the ppc" but are happy to press a button saying so instead

Can we electrify that button?

asking for 35 million friends

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Powershift posted:

Can we electrify that button?

asking for 35 million friends

With the patent expiring on teledildonics I have another solution...

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
If you had to make a bet today, would you bet on anything other than a Scheer minority government?

I would feel quite safe making that bet.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Toxx it in the main Canadian politics, then, and join the others!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

SubnormalityStairs posted:

If you had to make a bet today, would you bet on anything other than a Scheer minority government?

I would feel quite safe making that bet.

100% lib majority