Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Assuming theyre not just dumb or trolling? Hardcore an-prim i guess, like full "agriculture was a mistake" types?

Their profile says "Like Stirner, but a podcaster," so probably some kind of egoist.

Wait I think this is one of the people from the Discourse Collective podcast before it collapsed

OldTennisCourt posted:

Temperature is a capitalist lie so I'll leave this uncooked chicken on the counter for the next 5 hours while I'm at work.

You should have to take at least one class in statistical mechanics before you have a meltdown over not knowing what temperature is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
nate going full racist

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1175585970999169026

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

OldTennisCourt posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AJA_Cortes/status/1174658605561372672

It's like....he starts off with a point you could maybe defend (gaming all day is bad) then devolves into this insane "UNLESS YOU GET MUSCLES AND gently caress WOMEN AND MAKE MONEY AND GET LAND IT'S WORTHLESS AJSAHAYSAH" rambling

Those are all life lessons I learned from Crusader Kings II, though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

extremely impartial data scientist and baseball discourse ruiner Nate Silver

i'm glad de blasio ran for president because our paper-thin skinned media class couldn't ignore a guy that had no chance of gaining traction

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1175591110510632960

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

R. Guyovich posted:

lol but also lol at the fact "b-b-b-b-but grocery stores" was considered an acceptable anti-communist argument in c-spam circa 2015-16

OTOH how many goons would turn into hardcore libertarians as soon as the government took away whatever fast food brand they subsist on

Serf
May 5, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

OTOH how many goons would turn into hardcore libertarians as soon as the government took away whatever fast food brand they subsist on

that's what the re-education camps are for

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Serf posted:

that's what the re-education camps are for

Repeat after me students"chef boy r d is not real and adults shouldn't eat super hero shaped pasta"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ikanreed posted:

Repeat after me students"chef boy r d is not real and adults shouldn't eat super hero shaped pasta"

real adults eat pasta shaped like Marx and Lenin

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pirate Radar posted:

Spaghettimaos

Akilles
Dec 29, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

I would love Marx n' Che's

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Harry Potter jokes are the goon version of the I identify as an attack helicopter joke.

just the exact same joke over and over
i kinda see your point because it is repetitive, but there are catchphrases, insults, and jokes that are repeated & worse. also, it's not like libs have actually read other books

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/StinkRatStreams/status/1175944680997081088?s=19

george_carlin_shellshock_ptsd.mp3

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

A friend once suggested "killbillies", but she probably got that from tumblr

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

... Hobos would travel from town to town looking for work, which is exactly what "adventurers" do except that the work they do involves murder. It's wonderfully descriptive and is only offensive and classist if you have no idea what Hobo means

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

There was a designer of a D&D knock-off (Castles & Crusades) who made the suggestion that exploring tenements and ghettoes were examples of modern "dungeon crawls" for white people to go into with guns and hunt down inhuman monsters for loot.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pretty sure making the distinction of 'murder' hobo actually implies hobos aren't normally violent, otherwise you'd just be saying 'hobo'

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1175744098503942144

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
let's just cut the poo poo and call them what they are: libertarians

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1175265418430357504

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Grondoth posted:

... Hobos would travel from town to town looking for work, which is exactly what "adventurers" do except that the work they do involves murder. It's wonderfully descriptive and is only offensive and classist if you have no idea what Hobo means

D&D: Arm the Homeless

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

This is the exact same line of thought that makes people argue that retard isn't offensive

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No living human has used hobo in the original meaning sincerely

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

don’t use the b-slur, even if you’re referring to an all caps clothing brand

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pomp posted:

This is the exact same line of thought that makes people argue that retard isn't offensive

Ok Regal

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
https://twitter.com/PoRiverJamBand/status/1176125719803551744?s=20

I'm not sure if I actually disagree since Warren left Standing Rock out in the cold but still it feels like a nuclear take

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

people who are still focused on rachel dolezal are mentally unhealthy, much like rachel dolezal herself

seriously, she's crazier than a shithouse loon and the people who would normally be concerned about shaming mental health seem to not know or care

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

perhaps the real crisis in mental health is folks on twitter laughing at the affluent highly influential scammer lady who says dumb things, not all the homeless people

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 18:30 on Sep 23, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

perhaps the real crisis in mental health is folks on twitter laughing at the rich highly influential lady who says dumb things, not all the homeless people
well now influential people have the option to segregate people laughing at them into a section you have to click on, so they don't even have that fallback anymore

twitter is a social network for elites and the people that want to be them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Moviebob is what liberals are all going to turn into sooner or later

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

well now influential people have the option to segregate people laughing at them into a section you have to click on, so they don't even have that fallback anymore

twitter is a social network for elites and the people that want to be them

Twitter could be seen as a mental health mini-crisis in its own right I suppose but posts like this have a lot more to do with that than weak Rachel Dolezal burns

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jonathan Fisk posted:

don’t use the b-slur, even if you’re referring to an all caps clothing brand

bum clothes are the coolest tho

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
there’s a BASTA brand?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

christmas boots posted:

there’s a BASTA brand?

yes, on my rear end

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pomp posted:

No living human has used hobo in the original meaning sincerely

sure they have. i've met several people that described their time doing just that as that.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FFT posted:

sure they have. i've met several people that described their time doing just that as that.

Fair, but the last few times I heard someone call someone else a hobo I had to intervene because he was about to get his jaw cracked by three angry old men. I wouldn't be surprised to hear one of my clients self-identify as a hobo, though, just like I'm not surprised when they tell me they deserve their situation for [bullshit that wouldn't be an issue if not for a deeply reactionary society]

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!
This one's hot enough to reignite a dead star.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status/1176197788486557707

WHAT IF SHE WERE DOING A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING FOR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT REASONS??? CHECKMAte

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

idk who that person is nor do i care

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Greta owns actually.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think he was talking about Kathy Young, but that’s kind of missing the point of the whole thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

This one's hot enough to reignite a dead star.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status/1176197788486557707

WHAT IF SHE WERE DOING A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING FOR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT REASONS??? CHECKMAte

“rousing passions”