Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
All of the above is amplified when you're fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nitrox posted:

All of the above is amplified when you're fat

I literally was prepared to make an effort post about this. Don't underestimate how fat most minibike riders are. It's like they are drawn to owning a motorcycle that they outweigh. It's a mobility scooter.

All that weight will mess a poor skeleton up.

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
"i cant breathe" bwahaha

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Elviscat posted:

I just don't loving understand the physics of this, how do you drop thre loving bike by applying front brake? Is he also putting massive input into the bars? Is he just stabbing the brake lever so hard that the front wheel instantly locks?

Yes, to the last point.

He may not have deliberately steered, but if you lock it up the wheel is going to twist off to one side or the other because you have the entire combined inertia of you and the vehicle trying to push the motorcycle past its own front end, and unless you've got titanium pipes for arms you won't be able to keep the steering in line. The wheel twists off to one side, it digs into the pavement even harder, and the bike falls over or throws you over the top, depending on the details.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Coydog posted:

I literally was prepared to make an effort post about this. Don't underestimate how fat most minibike riders are. It's like they are drawn to owning a motorcycle that they outweigh. It's a mobility scooter.

I outweigh my dirt bike :smith:

I have big meaty gorilla hands and I've never locked the front on pavement, except for half a second in the wet, it must be the applying the brake in a short, swift stabbing motion that really does it.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 21, 2019

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Evil the Cat posted:

"i cant breathe" bwahaha

Uhhh wrong thread or am I missing something?

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

MetaJew posted:

Uhhh wrong thread or am I missing something?

That's what the dude who took a spill in the video was crying out. Right after rapping and calling every driver a stupid bitch.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait wasn't that a Ruckus? He locked up the front on a Ruckus? Those things have drum brakes, I didn't even think that was possible

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

It was a Grom. IMO his main mistake was trying to make some lit fam vlogs with his bro when he barely knew how to ride. He said he grabbed too much front brake but its not clear what else he actually did from the video. I bet he spazzed out a lot more than that. Now (as you can see in comments) this chucklefuck is submitting the video all over the place, preaching front brake safety for those sweet YT views. He kind of describes the other guy leaving the scene as if it was their fault he fell and like it was a hit and run situation.

If it was a normal person that got hurt I wouldn't even laugh but this dude is a douchebag straight up and down. He sucks at Counter-Strike too. OK whew that's enough from me about this BS.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

My experience with grabbing too much front brake on a grom is sickass stoppies. So maybe he just went over the bars while the bike did what it was built to do (ie sickass stoppies).

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Finger Prince posted:

My experience with grabbing too much front brake on a grom is sickass stoppies. So maybe he just went over the bars while the bike did what it was built to do (ie sickass stoppies).

My money's on "panicked and locked up one arm but not the other", so locked the brakes and also wrenched on the bars at the same time. I don't see any flipping action in the video, he just goes down

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Renaissance Robot posted:

My money's on "panicked and locked up one arm but not the other", so locked the brakes and also wrenched on the bars at the same time. I don't see any flipping action in the video, he just goes down

He couldn't have fallen any faster if he had intentionally jumped off.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Finger Prince posted:

If you look at the thumbnail for the video I think that's exactly what he did:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Are you ready for the dumbest crash(es) in motorcycle history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xZY9dZy6w&t=392s

Sure looks like a back wheel in the air to me

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Coydog posted:

lol the first time i rode with the grom riders i was surprised at what absolute dregs of humanity they looked like and also how bad of riders they were

one of the dudes crashed on a gentle left turn and lost his nipple

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Coydog posted:

idk why this is true but it definitely is.

I saw a guy at the gas station once filling up his grom, which had an extended swingarm of all things, and he probably was at least 100lb heavier than the bike

mewse
May 2, 2006

Is the guy in the video thumbnail the actual guy that crashed? ie. is it literally humpty dumpty riding a tiny clown bike?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I don't know the right search terms to find the video, but there's this amazing video of Grom riders where someone crashes and it just keeps on piling up, but to the point of insanity. Someone else here must have that video it saved, it's great.

*edit*
Is it just me, or is there no way to search your youtube favorites? If so, that's insane. I can ctrl-f what's loaded, but I have beau coup favorites

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=radUrIJBibw

Here it is!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

"At least I got it all on camera," -Guy who hit the throttle with another rider 10ft ahead of him and slammed into a stalled bike.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Razzled posted:

lol the first time i rode with the grom riders i was surprised at what absolute dregs of humanity they looked like and also how bad of riders they were

one of the dudes crashed on a gentle left turn and lost his nipple

Lol. That's the most pathetic motorcycle related injury I've ever heard of. He'd absolutely have to lie about how it happened.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

At 1/4 speed you can see how long it takes him to react, panics, and goes 100% on the brakes and loops it. Earlier in the video he says he spent $200 on a training class but clearly they weren't effective.

Also he talks about his financing, who does a 5 year loan on $3k?

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 22, 2019

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hhhuuuuuuughhhh call a ambalance

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Gullous posted:

People who don't have 3k.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

idk why this is true but it definitely is.

I saw a guy at the gas station once filling up his grom, which had an extended swingarm of all things, and he probably was at least 100lb heavier than the bike

Not a grom but when I was in university (nearly two decades ago) this big lardo in my neighborhood would tootle around on this little dirt bike, in retrospect probably one of those 100cc ones for people starting out dirtbiking

And every time, I'd think "Fat guy on a little bike, fat guy on a little bi-ike" to the tune Chris Farley sang in Tommy Boy

E: disclaimer: I, now, am also somewhat of a lardo

Phy fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 23, 2019

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Phy posted:

Not a grom but when I was in university (nearly two decades ago) this big lardo in my neighborhood would tootle around on this little dirt bike, in retrospect probably one of those 100cc ones for people starting out dirtbiking

And every time, I'd think "Fat guy on a little bike, fat guy on a little bi-ike" to the tune Chris Farley sang in Tommy Boy

There a very very large man (probably 450lbs) that rides some Hayabusa, I don't know what year, with no helmet or anything ever and every time he pulls onto the road outside my work he goes full throttle and FLYS past at well over 100mph. We call him busaboi and I look forward to seeing him every time

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

People who don't have 3k.

They may not have 3k, but they do have horrible financial management skills!

Everyone knows the pro move is to enlist in the military, then blow your re/enlistment bonus on a Hayabusa you smash into a telephone at mach 5 a week later.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lemme try to find my old post of the POV of that guy plowing into the crowd in the ditch real quick...

E: uh does this work?

https://streamable.com/yaz99

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 23, 2019

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Slim Pickens posted:

Lemme try to find my old post of the POV of that guy plowing into the crowd in the ditch real quick...

E: uh does this work?

https://streamable.com/yaz99

Holy poo poo. This person shouldn't be allowed to drive any motorized vehicle. I'm so confused as to how any of this ever happened in the first place.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's because groms attract the type of dipshit that thinks it's a motorized bicycle that doesn't require any actual training or respect.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Even a motorized bicycle should be treated with some level of caution you may not otherwise give a bicycle. Unless you’re going downhill or on dirt/off-road, it’s basically impossible to ride a bike beyond your ability. Add a motor, even a small electric one, and it’s a different story.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Alpha Phoenix posted:

"At least I got it all on camera," -Guy who hit the throttle with another rider 10ft ahead of him and slammed into a stalled bike.
I never noticed that he told the rider he hit "someone hit me." Didn't seem like it in the video. :thunk:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Gullous posted:

At 1/4 speed you can see how long it takes him to react, panics, and goes 100% on the brakes and loops it. Earlier in the video he says he spent $200 on a training class but clearly they weren't effective.

Thank you so much for doing this. Makes everything much easier to see

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Probably me.
https://imgur.com/a/nGlRAxr

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

But why?

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

I have a big bike to ride, my Grom is just a ridiculous toy.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

GeneticWeapon posted:

I have a big bike to ride, my Grom is just a ridiculous toy.

If 'Rediculous' was the goal, you shot the moon.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Must of been all those sick motard stopped I guess?

(They've only been on for a year of light commuting, didn't even bother checking them until the front end started making noises on the way home tonight)

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Redvenom posted:

Must of been all those sick motard stopped I guess?

(They've only been on for a year of light commuting, didn't even bother checking them until the front end started making noises on the way home tonight)

Yikes. What's the bike and mileage? Looks like your caliper and/or MC needs a rebuild.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
DRZ400SM, 47000-odd KM total, probably 3-4k KM's since the pads were changed (commuting only). The previous pads were SBS sintered 694SI's which feel amazing, I'm just surprised at how fast they've gone. I picked up braided lines at the same time that I've not even fitted yet because the bikes doesn't feel like it needs them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Redvenom posted:

DRZ400SM, 47000-odd KM total, probably 3-4k KM's since the pads were changed (commuting only). The previous pads were SBS sintered 694SI's which feel amazing, I'm just surprised at how fast they've gone. I picked up braided lines at the same time that I've not even fitted yet because the bikes doesn't feel like it needs them...

Sintered pads going that quick (and not with track use) suggests you might have never actually bedded them in properly. Did you do the proper heat-cycling thing?