Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The line sucks and there's how many competent receivers? Why would you stick a rookie QB in that situation?

cause they're going to get a top five pick and might not next year, so you get the QB when you can

they can always run josh rosen out until he's broken and repair the rest the year after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

what the hell??

Trevor isn't coming out this year

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

evilweasel posted:

cause they're going to get a top five pick and might not next year, so you get the QB when you can

they can always run josh rosen out until he's broken and repair the rest the year after

They've stripped down beyond what the Browns did. With that absolute dearth of talent gently caress getting a QB this year and they're 100% picking top 5 next year

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
RE: Tom Brady lead blocker from yesterday - is that the emergency escape plan? Is that what happens when they go to target Tom in the flat but the read isn't right? I can't imagine they're drawing up a misdirection play like that against the loving Jets in Week 3 of the regular season with a healthy lead. Got a little too cheeky and Tom got pissed and decided to just hurl himself in the way of anybody trying to make the tackle?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bigass Moth posted:

What did Morning View do?

Hes a loving cop so probably a piece of poo poo hope that helps you figure it out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The line sucks and there's how many competent receivers? Why would you stick a rookie QB in that situation?

draft Tua with the first overall pick

spend the other two firsts on OL x 2 or OL + WR

continue to invest in OL and WR with the menagerie of picks we have in rounds 2-7

use the 160m in cap space we have to bring in additional OL and WR

and we can sit Tua for a year if we want because we have Rosen

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They've stripped down beyond what the Browns did. With that absolute dearth of talent gently caress getting a QB this year and they're 100% picking top 5 next year

you can't pencil in a team that plays the jets and the bills four times a year for a top five pick a year in advance

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Athanatos posted:

13 games away

drat I read it and I thought you meant 3-0 not 16-0

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

evilweasel posted:

you can't pencil in a team that plays the jets and the bills four times a year for a top five pick a year in advance

The Bill's are trending up and not getting credit. The Jets have actual talent on that roster. The Dolphins just traded a startable LT they're tanking so hard.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Hes a loving cop so probably a piece of poo poo hope that helps you figure it out.

He’s a cop? Lawyer who didn’t know law i thought

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Bill's are trending up and not getting credit. The Jets have actual talent on that roster. The Dolphins just traded a startable LT they're tanking so hard.

the bills and the jets constantly look like maybe next year will be the year and then descend rapidly into "lol"

the jets might get an upswing next year and the bills might continue to improve but betting your franchise on either of those two things is not a good plan. i mean, just look at mcmagic posts from two months ago to see where (some) people thought the jets would be this year instead of contending themselves for a top five!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/alfiebcc/status/1176192811412197376?s=21

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Amy Pole Her posted:

As a mod he is (was) a forums cop.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

People forgetting Preston Williams, future stud

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

It’s a weird situation where fans of a team have to be outright rooting for that their star player truly is dangerously ill.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I like the Chiefs slinging it down the field. It rules.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

He was an (internet) cop and my post was a throwback to this post:

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

You're a loving cop so probably a piece of poo poo hope that helps you figure it out.

Because I read a wiki that says comedy is about repetition.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

evilweasel posted:

Miami is in fact that bad

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Miami is in fact that bad

this year, they are, and the bills are not that bad

next year, anything can happen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

chiche is still very mad someone made fun of a cop (himself)

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hands up don't post

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiche seems to take it all with good humor

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1175986668484136961

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Chichevache posted:

my post was a throwback to this post:

It was a funny callback, and I laughed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sweet thursday posted:

Hands up don't post

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Probably thinking that it’s been like 7-8 seconds and even a complete buffoon would have gotten rid of the ball by then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

Hands up don't post

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SKULL.GIF posted:

Was watching Sportscenter at the gym this morning and they played a recording of Brady rambling on about Brown and Brady was whining about how fast everyone is to judge and how it was very unfair to Brown who was a "great man, great teammate" (paraphrased?)

Smh

Here's the transcript if anybody cares to read a whole lot of nothing:

:lol: it's easy for the Lions to be undefeated if their opponents are dumb.
The catch is that the Lions are also just as dumb

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Probably thinking that it’s been like 7-8 seconds and even a complete buffoon would have gotten rid of the ball by then

Yeah, it seems like the pass rushers pulling back also made them think the ball had been thrown when it hadn't. Still very bad form, you play to the whistle you silly ducks!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

Hands up don't post

Lmao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Here's the transcript if anybody cares to read a whole lot of nothing:

wow I can't believe tom brady is a stupid rear end in a top hat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

continue to invest in OL and WR with the menagerie of picks we have in rounds 2-7

Dont draft tua

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Dont draft tua

it's too late I already talked myself into it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

evilweasel posted:

the bills and the jets constantly look like maybe next year will be the year and then descend rapidly into "lol"

the jets might get an upswing next year and the bills might continue to improve but betting your franchise on either of those two things is not a good plan. i mean, just look at mcmagic posts from two months ago to see where (some) people thought the jets would be this year instead of contending themselves for a top five!

So plan around lolTeam and that a team of rookies and udfa's actually wins games? The dolphins are utterly depleted

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ehud posted:

the other reason to do this is you gotta sell any FA on why next year is going to be different, or you can't sign anyone at the end of this year and if you don't get a QB (unless Rosen is good) then you've told every FA you're still tanking

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grittybeard posted:

Jalen Ramsey called in sick to work.

No really, it might last all week too:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1176110118410366976

e: He thinks he has the flu.

More like Ramsey has the f u because he wants to get the L out of there.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So plan around lolTeam and that a team of rookies and udfa's actually wins games? The dolphins are utterly depleted

the dolphins have five first/second round picks and if the steelers are real bad (they are) can easily flip that steelers pick for another one

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's a tough life. Life is not easy. Sometimes you have to masturbate on people without their consent just to remember what it's like to feel happiness.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I'm going with the Skip Bayless take that they dont like Wentz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's a tough life. Life is not easy. Sometimes you have to masturbate on people without their consent just to remember what it's like to feel happiness.

I've tried everything else but that still seems a bit too far.