Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Captain Monkey posted:

Why did they do this? It was so boring every single time. They'd walk around and just like.. look at these for-sale houses. Then we'd go home and make dinner.
My parents liked "going for a drive". Not to anywhere, just driving around. We'd have to stop whatever we were doing just to sit in the car for an hour and end up back home. I still don't understand why anyone would want to do that - especially with four kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Tiggum posted:

My parents liked "going for a drive". Not to anywhere, just driving around. We'd have to stop whatever we were doing just to sit in the car for an hour and end up back home. I still don't understand why anyone would want to do that - especially with four kids.

Houses rented out for swing parties?

We need a thread for these stories where we explore them with the dark cynicism of our adult selves.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Maybe the kids stopped running, screaming, and knocking over vases if they were locked in a moving car.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Push El Burrito posted:

My parents used to take me and my 12 siblings to an old well like 4 hours down the road and we would play hide and seek in the woods and have a picnic. At the end of the day they would toss some big bundle of something in there and then me and my 11 siblings would pile in the van and go home. We would usually get ice cream on the way home. Then we would do it all again the next year. Really nice memories being an only child in high school.
So were you the best or the worst at hide and seek?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Hide and stay hidden.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

Are you my sibling?

Why did they do this? It was so boring every single time. They'd walk around and just like.. look at these for-sale houses. Then we'd go home and make dinner.

That was their drop point to pick up new orders from the KGB :ssh:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Tiggum posted:

they just really hated the environment

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gum posted:

they just really hated the environment

boomers.txt

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiggum posted:

Gotta get that lead brain into you somehow

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tiggum posted:

Was it usually at night? That can be a good way to get kids to go to sleep.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FFT posted:

Was it usually at night? That can be a good way to get kids to go to sleep.

Nope. After lunch, usually. Occasionally in the morning.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

So what am I looking at

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

So what am I looking at

Trudeau recently got into some trouble because it surfaced that he had blackface incidents in his past.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's an empty podium though

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/existentialcoms/status/1176053610666315777

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

doverhog posted:

Maybe the kids stopped running, screaming, and knocking over vases if they were locked in a moving car.

This guy get it. Slap in a kids music cd and look at the scenery for a hour. One parent gets to be a passanger for an hour and to enjoy the sweet embrace of not having to do anything during the drive.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah, but when you strap your kids down for an hour at home it's called :airquote: child abuse :airquote:

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://twitter.com/kagrox/status/1176171833768501251?s=21

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's an empty podium though

Do you genuinely have trouble reading?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I know about Trudeau but all I see is an empty platform and a (naturally) black guy in the background. What's magical

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I guess there's text on the middle arch thing but I can't quite read it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Jesus christ dude

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can you read the words in the tweet?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Someone got a job in game development I see!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

extremely online posted:

Can you read the words in the tweet?

I mean it doesn't make a whole lot of sense other than just being topical? It's an empty stage. It's funnier without the picture

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Danaru posted:

Jesus christ dude

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean it doesn't make a whole lot of sense other than just being topical? It's an empty stage. It's funnier without the picture

maybe jokes just aren't your thing

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this "trolling"?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

christmas boots posted:

Is this "trolling"?

definitely trolling now. It might not have been at first.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/turnageb/status/1175406228803149824

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

HaB posted:

Ah yes, the "I embarrassed myself now pretend I was just trolling the whole time" gambit. I know it all too well.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

No I mean I was looking at the picture trying to figure it out

HaB posted:

You have no idea how stupid I can be.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

In don’t see what the stage image has to do with the text either and y’all being loving rude to the dude about it

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Justin Trudeau August posted:

In don’t see what the stage image has to do with the text either and y’all being loving rude to the dude about it
The picture is from the article. The article is about the blackest black. Trudeau has been in trouble for wearing blackface. The joke is that Jack Trudeau will use this, the blackest black, to perform the blackest black face. The picture is not required for the joke, it is merely part of the article which was the setup and can be ignored. Its presence is retroactively fully justified by the absolute hilarity of watching Milo and POTUS going full cow tools.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The image came with the original tweet that was replied to. It's not the joke.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

We're getting there

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Milo and POTUS posted:

No, the words in the tweet. The words. Read them all, in order.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Is that Greta? Her feelings are my own in this moment.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Splicer posted:

The picture is from the article. The article is about the blackest black. Trudeau has been in trouble for wearing blackface. The joke is that Jack Trudeau will use this, the blackest black, to perform the blackest black face. The picture is not required for the joke, it is merely part of the article which was the setup and can be ignored. Its presence is retroactively fully justified by the absolute hilarity of watching Milo and POTUS going full cow tools.

At least this guy is enjoying himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Milo and POTUS posted:

No I mean I was looking at the picture trying to figure it out

So the joke is that someone invented the blackest black and the tweet implied that Justin Trudeau would use it for the purposes of blackface.

E: beaten