Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah the characters not levelling is really weird, it'd be fine if they'd be like, a level behind because that's easily remedied but Wasp just joined me and she was level 17 which implies the area I'm in would be around there, nearly everyone on my team is about 10/11 because I've just been switching as I feel like it and now I'm at a boss which feels like a hard brick wall.

It's one of those really baffling design decisions because like, did they think people would just pick a team of 4 who were available at the start and play through the whole game with them only adding new people when they joined?

They expect people to redo previous stages with friends if they want to try different characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yeah. I kind of like that it’ll give the game more replayability for me.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ImpAtom posted:

They expect people to redo previous stages with friends if they want to try different characters.

Also, it’s the only content in the game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dan Didio posted:

Also, it’s the only content in the game.

You are the most negative individual I have ever seen on the internet, which is saying something.

I'm having a lot of fun mindlessly smashing things with friends and grinding in the Infinity things. There's a steep difficulty curve (finally wiped on the Dr. Strange fight and then wiped a few more times on the boss afterward.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Little Mac posted:

You are the most negative individual I have ever seen on the internet, which is saying something.

I'm having a lot of fun mindlessly smashing things with friends and grinding in the Infinity things. There's a steep difficulty curve (finally wiped on the Dr. Strange fight and then wiped a few more times on the boss afterward.

You haven’t experienced much the internet has to ‘offer’, then.

Those bosses are where most people seem to be having trouble, but Ghost Rider and Scarlet Witch both perform well against them, Rider’s strong attack in particular wrecks the Mindless Ones you need to clear for the latter fight and Witch can keep everyone alive, which you need that extra buffer because the camera isn’t reliable enough to stay out of danger.

The only thing after that anywhere near as hard is the first Sniper encounter in Wakanda.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really don't like characters not leveling, because I like to choose characters based upon the setting. So near the end of the game, it seemed a good place to use some of the Guardians again, but I hadn't played them at all since the first level so they were all like level 7 for level 35 or something content. Not enough orbs to raise them, so blah.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I really don't like characters not leveling, because I like to choose characters based upon the setting. So near the end of the game, it seemed a good place to use some of the Guardians again, but I hadn't played them at all since the first level so they were all like level 7 for level 35 or something content. Not enough orbs to raise them, so blah.

Yeah, they need to give out more XP Cubes if they want to keep it like this, they also are generous with the levels of the characters as you get them, so you’re almost at a disadvantage not just using who they hand you.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, they need to give out more XP Cubes if they want to keep it like this, they also are generous with the levels of the characters as you get them, so you’re almost at a disadvantage not just using who they hand you.

That's pretty much what I had to do. Though I brought along Thor because his staggering is insane and Deadpool because regeneration and teleportation is almost necessary for some of the boss fights.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I’ve been using Thor, Cap (because they’re probably the strongest characters on merit) and Black Panther and Storm because they have decent synergy coverage and you get them so late, they’re endgame level right off the bat and no one else is close.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
FYI- there is a Games thread for MUA3:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893301&perpage=40&pagenumber=14

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WBGamesMTL/status/1176182754712727554

The Arkham Origins team is back at it again with the Court of Owls

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Waffleman_ posted:

No way. Actually?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waffleman_ posted:

If the joker turns out to be the central focus of this game I will lose my poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I enjoyed Arkham Origins so I am happy to see another game. But Yeah I also hope there is no Joker, he has gotten too much focus.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

A Court of Owls game could be great if they somehow emulate that issue where you have to keep rotating the book to keep reading. That ruled

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Awesome!

Now I just have to read Batman comics with the Court of Owls in them and I'll be all ready to go.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The way they handled Joker in Knight was really well done and had a great resolution, I think they're smart enough to not do that again.
Really the only one he's out of place in is Origins and that was a different team

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

The way they handled Joker in Knight was really well done and had a great resolution, I think they're smart enough to not do that again.
Really the only one he's out of place in is Origins and that was a different team

It was this team.

And I thought the way he takes over the story in City was infuriating because even though they pay it off with him dying, "Joker is gonna poison everyone let's look for a cure" is really really boring as a motivator for an endless open world game compared to the whole "Arkham City" thing the game is freaking named after. Like he was the main villain of the first game and that was fine, get him the hell out of the way so the other villains can shine a bit. But no, every single Arkham game is about him.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
loving finally. I just hope it has more of that good Arkham gameplay.

You know, weirdly, I didn't think the Joker was a huge deal in City? His story to me felt like a smaller story, that just happened to wrap up after the main story, in a way kinda like The Dark Knight? However, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if he doesn't show up.

You know what I'd better not loving see? Any goddamn Riddler Trophies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

catlord posted:

loving finally. I just hope it has more of that good Arkham gameplay.

You know, weirdly, I didn't think the Joker was a huge deal in City? His story to me felt like a smaller story, that just happened to wrap up after the main story, in a way kinda like The Dark Knight? However, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if he doesn't show up.

That's sort of how it's presented, but an astounding amount of the plot and missions are directly about dealing with Joker's subplot. It's well over half the game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Maybe WB Montreal working on this means that Rocksteady is working on that rumored Superman game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

Maybe WB Montreal working on this means that Rocksteady is working on that rumored Superman game.

That's been rumored since 2008.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roth posted:

That game has been rumored at different timesto be Superman, Silver Age, Suicide Squad and Justice League.

The only thing actually confirmed by anyone seems to be it's comic stuff.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Maybe this means Rocksteady is making a game that won't be bad?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

catlord posted:

You know what I'd better not loving see? Any goddamn Riddler Trophies.

Of course not!

It'll be Owl Feathers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Origins was the absolute worst for Riddler Trophies, because instead of capturing Riddler or punching him in his stupid smug face, your reward for finding all the Enigma trophies was finding out that Enigma was The Riddler, which any idiot guessed the minute the character was introduced.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lobok posted:

Of course not!

It'll be Owl Feathers.

assassin's creed strikes again

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Origins was the absolute worst for Riddler Trophies, because instead of capturing Riddler or punching him in his stupid smug face, your reward for finding all the Enigma trophies was finding out that Enigma was The Riddler, which any idiot guessed the minute the character was introduced.

Isn't his real name E(dward) Nygma?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
There better be minimal to no batmobile

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah when your ultimate prize was "the first Riddler trophy" like I didn't already figure it out I was pissed. Like at least in every other game when you get all the trophies you get to beat him up (or in Asylum hear the cops bust down his door)

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Soonmot posted:

There better be minimal to no batmobile

Right after Arkham City I was like "Well obviously they have to add the Batmobile, it's the only thing that's missing from the full Batman suite"

I was upset to find that I was more right than I had ever imagined

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

OnimaruXLR posted:

Right after Arkham City I was like "Well obviously they have to add the Batmobile, it's the only thing that's missing from the full Batman suite"

I was upset to find that I was more right than I had ever imagined

I love that series like few others I can think of, especially spanning console generations, but goddamn all of those Batmobile missions and everything associated with it were so bad and tedious and shoehorned in. :argh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Batmobile was amazing because they actually admitted prior to Arkham Knight they couldn't think of a way to make the Batmobile fun but it was the #1 most requested thing and whoops, turns out that it isn't actually that fun to Batmobile.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It was fun when it wasn’t required for a mission.

Never cared for the Court of Owls. Next Batman game trilogy should be Batman: Black Glove, Batman and Robin, and Batman Incorporated.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Both playstation and xbox have directs tomorrow afternoon, so we'll get a trailer soon.

Batman: Arkham Court

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Court of Owls is like....fine, but not the coolest thing I've ever heard. However the Arkham series kicked rear end. Origins is absolutely my least favorite (it was the most glitchy and they blew the premise imo) but it was still a solid game. If they cut back on the Batmobile, it's a go. And also keep up the multiple playable characters thing. That ruled in Arkham Knight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't read Batman, so I don't have that much familiarity with the good Court.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

The Batmobile was amazing because they actually admitted prior to Arkham Knight they couldn't think of a way to make the Batmobile fun but it was the #1 most requested thing and whoops, turns out that it isn't actually that fun to Batmobile.

Is there any game that both has a fun car driving section and cars aren't the main focus of the game?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Just cause?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Just cause?

Maybe? I bounced off 3 hard because everything besides the physics was boring as hell (plus it felt like CIA propaganda) and haven't played any of the others, but at best that's ripping off a car game and making the non car parts better (Grand Theft Auto).