Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Southpaugh posted:

We have already had this in this thread.

ATOM RPG is not worth buying if you already own Underrail. Combats choppy like the old fallout games, but cheesable.

I bought ATOM without knowing it had genuine and intentional antisemitism in it. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Games bad just keep walking.

Underrail on the other hand rules and the expansion is like 5 bucks so go do that.

Yea, that's the gist I got and that's my plan. I remember a bit about game coming up before but didn't recall any discussions about actual game play and what not. I try to make a habit of separating art and artist where possible (for example I listen to a lot of Black Metal, and while I'm ok with the old church burning poo poo, I'm not ok with NSBM poo poo and avoid listening to it) but there are times where even I can't overlook how egregious something is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Tenzarin posted:

I haven't been interested in a Russian version of any game after Postal 3.

Russians, and Slavic developers in general, make some charmingly weird games, is the main thing.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Well personally I can separate the racist art from the racist artists but if the game expects me to do a grind well I just might have to give it a pass!!!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Chomp8645 posted:

Clerk: Hello.

Customer: I forgot my club card.

Clerk: Have you heard about our club card?

Customer: I guess it must be free, haha!

Clerk: Try swiping again.

Customer: So long.

Clerk: Stop! Thief!

Thank you for this friend.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It is really good. The "I guess it must be free" gave me flashbacks to my teens and early 20s.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
:tipshat:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://www.dualshockers.com/fallout-76-power-armor-helmet-mold-recall/

quote:

Wearable Fallout 76 Helmet's that were sold with the Power Armor Edition are being recalled due to the potential exposure to mold.
Fallout 76 launched on November 14, 2018, and seems to have had a plethora of issues surrounding both the game and merchandise. Another issue has come forth as one item from one of the more pricey editions of the game is being recalled due to potential mold exposure.

The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a recall for the wearable helmet that comes with the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition. Those who purchased this edition of the game would have spent about $150 at GameStop to get; a steel book of the base game, a glow-in-the-dark map, 24 figurines, bonus in-game items, and of course the wearable T-51 Power Armor Helmet. Although, the price listing on Bethesda Gear states $200.

Bethesda plays both the long and short games of PR disaster

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just can't

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

antidote posted:

It is really good. The "I guess it must be free" gave me flashbacks to my teens and early 20s.

I was a cashier for years and I still have to fight back an overwhelming urge to say it every time something doesn’t scan right. Its the perfect terrible joke.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lunethex posted:

Vault 22's revenge.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

ETPC posted:

todd put dragons in fallout

and by recycling content like that, what he actually did was trick a bunch of people into buying skyrim yet again :boom:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Clark Nova posted:

and by recycling content like that, what he actually did was trick a bunch of people into buying skyrim yet again :boom:

He did? I bought the game once and then got an updated version for free.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lunethex posted:

lmao

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It finally happened, FO76 is now actively trying to kill the consumer.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

:allears: can't wait for people to preorder the next Bethesda limited collectors edition even though they ought to know that all of the figurines and poo poo are completely misrepresented, may not even exist, and will still somehow give you cancer even though they don't exist

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

After all the poo poo Bethesda has pulled since Morrowind I'm still kind of looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls game. Not expecting a deep or mechanically competent game at this point, but it'll probably be a fun theme park ride

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Lunethex posted:

The one and only good thing that came out of 76 ended up also being a loving failure. Jesus H Christ Bethesda.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mold death is a small price to pay to demonstrate your fealty to pip boy, pbuh

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.

Yardbomb posted:

It finally happened, FO76 is now actively trying to kill the consumer.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Phlegmish posted:

After all the poo poo Bethesda has pulled since Morrowind I'm still kind of looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls game. Not expecting a deep or mechanically competent game at this point, but it'll probably be a fun theme park ride

I am too. Fallout is becoming/became horse poo poo but I like all the ES games and I know I’ll have fun with ES VI for a 100 hours before I begin pining for the lost depth from Skyrim.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Will Bethesda continue to use accused rapist Jeremy Soule for Elder Scrolls music?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Will Bethesda continue to use accused rapist Jeremy Soule for Elder Scrolls music?

I hope not, I can only listen to so many tracks sounding like his previous work, but slightly remixed.

Leitmotif my rear end.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Arcsquad12 posted:

i think it already came out like a year ago that he hadn't been asked to do TES6 and last thing he's done with them as far as i know was work on the theme for TESO back in like 2013

if i had to guess Inon Zur will do tes6 since he's done all their fallout stuff and TES:Blades

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Bethesda to issue replacement helmets but the new ones all have fire ants in them for some reason

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As an apology for the helmet mold issue, we are increasing prices in the atom shop by 15%

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
game as a service

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

True story here: I only ever purchased one Bethesda Collector's edition, and it was for Fallout 3. It had a nice 80s style lunchbox and bobble head. I used the lunchbox at work a lot and now it's kind of filthy.

FIN

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

True story here: I only ever purchased one Bethesda Collector's edition, and it was for Fallout 3. It had a nice 80s style lunchbox and bobble head. I used the lunchbox at work a lot and now it's kind of filthy.

FIN

typical Bethesda leaving it up to modders to finish their products and add the mold themselves

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Wrr posted:

typical Bethesda leaving it up to modders to finish their products and add the mold themselves

I laughed unexpectedly at this. The laugh was unexpected, but not unwelcome.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

chaosapiant posted:

Despite also being a huge Bethesda fan I also only ever purchased that same collector's edition. And I had the opposite experience, as my lunchbox is pristine but the bobblehead was glued to my dashboard for a year so looks faded as hell.

That said, the Pip-Boy clock is also in good shape, but I am guessing you did not buy that version.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dr. Quarex posted:

Despite also being a huge Bethesda fan I also only ever purchased that same collector's edition. And I had the opposite experience, as my lunchbox is pristine but the bobblehead was glued to my dashboard for a year so looks faded as hell.

That said, the Pip-Boy clock is also in good shape, but I am guessing you did not buy that version.

I did not. The only other collector's editions I ever bought were all three Witcher collector's. I got my Witcher 1 collector's last year for like $300, which is a steal compared to its normal price. That's probably the only series I'd do it for. Maybe Cyberpunk.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Halloween 2 but pipboy helmets

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Scrape the mold off my big red helmet

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Songbearer posted:

Scrape the mold off my big red helmet

Is this a penis joke? I feel like it's a penis joke.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

chaosapiant posted:

It is a circumcision joke. You should be fine with it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mr Hootington posted:

It is a circumcision joke. You should be fine with it.

I'm fine with most jokes, so that checks out! :D

Edit: aww you edited the good part.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

chaosapiant posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Berke Negri posted:

i think it already came out like a year ago that he hadn't been asked to do TES6 and last thing he's done with them as far as i know was work on the theme for TESO back in like 2013

if i had to guess Inon Zur will do tes6 since he's done all their fallout stuff and TES:Blades

Well good riddance. I felt bad for him when I heard that Bethesda had put on an Elder Scrolls music concert without his involvement (where they used transcribed music rather than his original notations, lol) but since the accusations came out he can get hosed six ways to Sunday.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Mr Hootington posted:

Halloween 2 but pipboy helmets

Halloween 3, but yeah. This just keeps on getting more and more absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
fallout 76 might be a bad video game

when i attempt to run 76 it tells me it's time to kill & it's time to die, help?

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 25, 2019