Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Based on what? I had to replace a number of N64 controllers after the sticks wore down and broke, and I had to send a DS Lite into Nintendo when the hinge cracked so it's not like their past releases have been 100% defect free.

e:. poo poo, the whole blowing into NES carts is a thing that happened because the connectors in the front loader NES would get bent and stop making complete contact. Consumer products always have defects, at least Nintendo is pretty okay at fixing or replacing things, but that should be industry standard and not some benevolent act.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can we agree that the billion dollar company fucks up every once in a while and leave it at that

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Nasty lying Nintendo, very dishonest. You hate to see it folks!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can we agree that the billion dollar company fucks up every once in a while and leave it at that

Of course they do, it's still dumb to yell that they hosed up when we don't know if they did yet.

Like it wouldn't surprise me if the sticks still drifted but they might not

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My main complaint is not Nintendo hardware being flawless, but it being tough to find the information I'm looking for because every YouTube man has uploaded an identical clickbait video

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Go back to making cards, old man Nintendo!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Huxley posted:

mojo Mojo MOJO

KING

BEE

Sambone Trio, best trio.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

The Switch is far and away the lowest quality product Nintendo's put out that I'm aware of

Ever played BOTW???

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ever played BOTW???

the durability talk has ascended to the real world

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I re-bought XBC2 to give it a second chance and it whips rear end. Question: I'm probably gonna buy the expansion pass anyway for the Torna campaign, are the rare blades and items you get in the main story really game-breaking? Besides a couple fights I haven't had too much of a challenge yet so I don't want to make the game even easier for myself

Re-posting this question for the new page

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Phantasium posted:

the durability talk has ascended to the real world

Look if your inventory isn't filled with legendary switches by this point you're doing something wrong.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Why on earth would people not expect controllers to wear out? The Nintendo joycons messing up early isn't ideal, but if they are lasting for hundreds of hours it is probably fine to get another set?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Don't worry about the extra blades and items, get the season pass anyway because it opens up options that let you fine tune the difficulty of the game, this way even with some of the more ridiculous blades you can just bump up the difficulty to wherever is the most fun for you.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There is a hard mode option in the game settings, and I believe there's an ultra hard mode you can unlock after beating the DLC?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Why on earth would people not expect controllers to wear out? The Nintendo joycons messing up early isn't ideal, but if they are lasting for hundreds of hours it is probably fine to get another set?

I’ve never had controllers wear out like that. They’ve always last me entire generations at least.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Be forewarned, Jedi Outcast drops today but it does run at 30 FPS on Switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

30 force points / starwar

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’ve never had controllers wear out like that. They’ve always last me entire generations at least.

They also feel really overpriced considering how small and awkward to use they are. A Pro controller is cheaper and more durable than a set of joycons.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

man nurse posted:

What the gently caress

For reference, the game came out the same year but earlier than Super Mario Sunshine

Do they emulate x86 on arm or something?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

man nurse posted:

Whaaaaat

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The weirdest, dumbest case of YouTube commentators dogpiling on Nintendo was this one video saying that Majora's Mask 3D sucked. Mind you, this is practically the only video or source saying such a thing, but that didn't stop it from being promoted everywhere and being one of the first results for when you search the game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

The weirdest, dumbest case of YouTube commentators dogpiling on Nintendo was this one video saying that Majora's Mask 3D sucked. Mind you, this is practically the only video or source saying such a thing, but that didn't stop it from being promoted everywhere and being one of the first results for when you search the game.

I still hear people talking about "shame what happened to Majora's Mask 3D" and similar when talking about remakes (which has been brought up again due to Link's Awakening)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I still hear people talking about "shame what happened to Majora's Mask 3D" and similar when talking about remakes (which has been brought up again due to Link's Awakening)
I never played MM3D but Link's Awakening is extremely good. My only problem is that it's kind of a stretch to make it $60, but I don't feel like I wasted my money buying it.

I'm already jonesing for a remake of the Oracle games in the same style.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
MM3D has a few design choices I'm not hot in in exchange for 1) beautiful remaster 2) smooth framerate 3) no crashing 4) PORTABLE 5) gyro aim 6) That one mask DOES SOMETHING now 7) a save system that means you don't lose three hours of progress if something screws up 8) fishing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Elman posted:

They also feel really overpriced considering how small and awkward to use they are. A Pro controller is cheaper and more durable than a set of joycons.

A pro controller doesn't have to cram a shitload of tech into a small form factor alongside a battery.

YggiDee posted:

MM3D has a few design choices I'm not hot in in exchange for 1) beautiful remaster 2) smooth framerate 3) no crashing 4) PORTABLE 5) gyro aim 6) That one mask DOES SOMETHING now 7) a save system that means you don't lose three hours of progress if something screws up 8) fishing.

None of it's worth it for taking the fun out of fighting Goht :colbert:.

(I actually quite like it mostly, just hate the boss fight changes)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

man nurse posted:

I guess this is bad?

It's an old game and I've never played it. Was it higher before or something?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I guess this is bad?

It ran at 60fps on my cheapo family PC like 15 years ago

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Bloop posted:

I guess this is bad?

There's no reason a 17 year old Quake 3 engine game shouldn't be able to run 60fps on Switch. I could run it at 60fps on a GeForce 4 when it came out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Don't worry about the extra blades and items, get the season pass anyway because it opens up options that let you fine tune the difficulty of the game, this way even with some of the more ridiculous blades you can just bump up the difficulty to wherever is the most fun for you.

What kind of options does it give you?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that basically indicative of it being run in a one size fits all emulator?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There's no reason a 17 year old Quake 3 engine game shouldn't be able to run 60fps on Switch. I could run it at 60fps on a GeForce 4 when it came out

OK I don't know anything about it. I do know that just doubling the framerate could gently caress up some old games. I couldn't tell if this was more modern whining about old games being old or what.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I still find it kinda hilarious just how in-depth the fishing is in the MM remake, there’s so many different
fish to catch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Bloop posted:

OK I don't know anything about it. I do know that just doubling the framerate could gently caress up some old games. I couldn't tell if this was more modern whining about old games being old or what.

No, it's just odd. The PS4 version runs at 60 and there doesn't seem to be a good reason as to why the Switch version wouldn't either.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Is that basically indicative of it being run in a one size fits all emulator?

I dunno but the PS4 version runs at 60.

The Bloop posted:

Nah Quake 3 engine games can go really high FPS without breaking I'm pretty sure. There definitely are engines where FPS is tied to physics and things gently caress up at higher FPS (I'm looking at you Dark Souls) but Jedi Outcast should be fine at 60

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Game owns either way. The third one was also excellent

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Game owns either way. The third one was also excellent

You're in luck, because the third one is getting a port as well!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

man nurse posted:

You're in luck, because the third one is getting a port as well!

Multiplayer on 3 is gonna be poppin

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

i loving hated seeing the thumbnail of that video so often

i don't even particularly care about MM

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's asinine that the eShop releases games like it does. Was hoping to grab Jedi, but it's not out yet. I wish they'd do what Microsoft does and release games at midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most games where the PC version was the base won't have any problems with higher frame rates.

Not counting anything Todd Howard was involved in