Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
How has no one mentioned John DiMaggio in terms of great VAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

He's good but he doesn't really have the kind of range that a lot of the others already mentioned do.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Teddybear posted:

Dee Bradley Baker also is, like, the king of voicing animals as well.

Baker does the animal voices Frank Welker used to do and can't as much, because age, and also because he's at the point in his life where he only works if he wants to. He only comes in to work Tuesdays-Thursdays, and you'll happily agree because he's Frank Welker.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Mr Interweb posted:

and...he said this at the panel...in public? :stare:

In public, with an audience mostly made up of the local chapter of his fan club, other more casual fans and wannabe media (IE: me and any other person covering a small con for a two bit website in exchange for a press badge.)

Mr Interweb posted:

i never had any love for vic, but if those comments about scott mcneil are true, that makes me quite depressed

At this point, I wouldn't call Vic a reliable source given the allegations and what he's testified to in depositions. Also, I'd guess that if McNeil was a pest, it would've come up during the initial transparency push in February when Vic and others were put on blast. I fully expect Vic only bought it up a roundabout way of planting that idea/subject in the head of his fans, and to trash a Vancouver VA in said VA's home city, perhaps out of jealousy as McNeil was more prominent in 2006.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I actually met someone yesterday who earnestly believed that all the allegations made about Vic had been disproven and Funimation was out to kill his career.

Surprisingly was a massive DBZ fan rather than an FMA fan.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I actually met someone yesterday who earnestly believed that all the allegations made about Vic had been disproven and Funimation was out to kill his career.

Surprisingly was a massive DBZ fan rather than an FMA fan.

Most of the loudest screamers I've seen that are defending Vic are DBZ fans, actually. There's not that much fuss about FMA these days but DBZ is on an uptick again and all this erupted when the Broly movie released (with Broly voiced by Vic).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

taichara posted:

Most of the loudest screamers I've seen that are defending Vic are DBZ fans, actually. There's not that much fuss about FMA these days but DBZ is on an uptick again and all this erupted when the Broly movie released (with Broly voiced by Vic).

Yeah, that was verbatim what they were upset over.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I mean you're not gonna change their minds so just call them dub trash

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

taichara posted:

I would imagine people who are inclined for screaming incoherently would like DBZ.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alan Smithee posted:

I mean you're not gonna change their minds so just call them dub trash

Yeah, there was no salvaging that conversation and I didn't even try. They were literally devout in their belief it had all somehow been disproven.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

taichara posted:

Most of the FMA response I've seen has been "Ed would rather be mute than voiced by this sex pest", I don't know if that's just a side effect of not following chuds though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

taichara posted:

It's bizarre they zero in on Broly of all people. I could see it if it were Sabat or Schemmel because they voice characters who show up more than once a blue moon but Broly's actor?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, his power is maximum...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dawgstar posted:

It's bizarre they zero in on Broly of all people. I could see it if it were Sabat or Schemmel because they voice characters who show up more than once a blue moon but Broly's actor?

The worst part of the Dragon Ball fandom has an obsession with Broly. He's easily one of the most popular characters in the series despite appearing only in movies and also being terrible until he was rewritten as a completely different character.

That people who'd defend Vic fall neatly into the worst parts of the fandom is very unsurprising.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Vic fans seem to think he made Broly even though I've never heard of Bin Shimada having this big a fanbase, and he's the guy's original voice actor.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Broly is strong and girthy

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Bin Shimada? That's not a "white guy name". I don't think those kind of DBZ fans even really want to acknowledge it's a Japanese series period.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
To be fair Broly is way, way more popular in the west than in Japan

That's less on Vic and more on how his character intersects with cultural expectations, though; he's more or less a character specifically designed to fit a 90s American kid's idea of what "badass" is, being a gigantic brick wall of muscle who beats everyone else into the ground while screaming "KAKAROOOOOT" over and over

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And now he's a soft boy with depression and a green girlfriend.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/ABAesq/status/1176164372479193094

Making some waves outside of the usual places.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

To be fair Broly is way, way more popular in the west than in Japan
Broly got three dbz movies before anyone in america knew what dbz was and his new movie is the highest grossing dbz movie in japan ever. Japan loves the guy as well.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 23, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's a guy in YouTube called Legal Eagle who did a "My Cousin Vinny" breakdown on how, one or two things aside, the movie is fairly good with its representation of legal/court matters and I wonder what his take on all this would be.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wark Say posted:

There's a guy in YouTube called Legal Eagle who did a "My Cousin Vinny" breakdown on how, one or two things aside, the movie is fairly good with its representation of legal/court matters and I wonder what his take on all this would be.

Funny you should ask! Hbomberguy was on LE's show and asked some... related questions, let's say. Maybe enough to keep Eagle's comments from turning into a trash fire.

https://youtu.be/172zoeIfrlg?t=404

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Claytor posted:

Dee Bradley Baker was Olmec in Legends of the Hidden Temple, Appa and Momo in Avatar: the Last Airbender, and every clone trooper voice actor in every animated Star Wars production. I'm pretty sure Rob Paulsen called him one of the top three voice actors working today.

He’s also Klaus in American Dad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Teddybear posted:

Dee Bradley Baker also is, like, the king of voicing animals as well.
Yeah if you can't get Welker, Baker is the next person to go to

Phil Lamar I would also call pretty prolific as VAs go

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Oh man. Please let Nick and Beard get disbarred please.

Hahaha oh man this Tweet:

https://twitter.com/Pacito_Ex/status/1176220240239308801?s=20

The American Bar Association. Always looking for a way to "put itself on the map".

E the Shaggy fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 24, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, it's basically not a matter of if at this point. I think the Bar is just waiting for the suit to be settled.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bar discipline - yes. Disbarment? I dunno.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It could really impact Nick not trying cases.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I doubt anything happens to Nick. Unless like Ty's law firm manages to publish documents with an agreement for Ty to pay Nick for the referral or something.

Ty might have to pay sanctions... But I really think that if they reach a settlement that it won't happen. Unless I'm completely mistaken about what can be settled (And given the judge's statement, I suspect that the judge would accept any reasonable settlement)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bar discipline - yes. Disbarment? I dunno.
yeah disbarment is an unfortunately high bar. the consensus on law twitter was there being little grounds for it before the whole hellfiling, fraudulent notarised affidavits and forged signatures, etc xame out

i would be surprised at more than a six month suspension, unless someone were to find the above issues in other parts of Ty's estate filings

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's a shame the TCPA isn't like FL's frivolous filing statute because Beard would personally be on the hook for half of the sanctions imposed against his client.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

given the unique scenario the GFM warchest represents i wouldn't be surprised at the sanctions handling it as more than client's funds

how though idk, i just read up on some texas law for this case

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Wow, the stans are actually going to the ABA tweet and calling the loving American Bar Association biased SJWs who don't know the law. Wow. These people have lost all connection to reaity.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

yeah disbarment is an unfortunately high bar. the consensus on law twitter was there being little grounds for it before the whole hellfiling, fraudulent notarised affidavits and forged signatures, etc xame out

i would be surprised at more than a six month suspension, unless someone were to find the above issues in other parts of Ty's estate filings

Fraudulent documents aren’t heavy enough to disbar? That really is a high threshold.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Midjack posted:

Fraudulent documents aren’t heavy enough to disbar? That really is a high threshold.

Here's what I learned as a lawyer in Canada anyway.

You gently caress with the client's money, such as stealing funds from them, messing with trust accounts? Your disbarred.

Anything other than that?

You get suspensions, fines, etc.

For making fraudulent documents, though it's be a pretty heft fine and likely a lengthy suspension.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I get the feeling if the harassment continues for the ABA and they link it back to Ty and Nick you'll see the talk of disbarment ramp up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Monaghan posted:

Here's what I learned as a lawyer in Canada anyway.

You gently caress with the client's money, such as stealing funds from them, messing with trust accounts? Your disbarred.

Anything other than that?

You get suspensions, fines, etc.

For making fraudulent documents, though it's be a pretty heft fine and likely a lengthy suspension.

Phoenix Wright.....was wrong.:negative:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Didn’t Jack Thompson get disbarred for being an enormous pain in the rear end? There’s precedent here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Alacron posted:

Didn’t Jack Thompson get disbarred for being an enormous pain in the rear end? There’s precedent here.

Jack Thompson worked REALLY hard to get disbarred though. As far as I can tell it was a long and slow build-up from various cases and his continual antagonizing of the bar.