Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, it's pretty clear at this point that Republicans are going to turn this into Biden's email scandal. It's meaningless nonsense, but they aren't going to shut up about it for the next several months. It's going to be difficult for Democrats to make sure that the focus actually stays on Trump during an impeachment.

Unless CRIMES.mp3 comes out (to the public, a la passed around on social media) with Trump saying some extremely corrupt poo poo CLEARLY without any ambiguity whatsoever, I doubt any of this will be more than a fart in the wind. Why? Because Dem leadership has consistently proven that they have ZERO ability to control the narrative, even when they're obviously in the right.

The craziest part is even if Trump successfully dodges this one and spins it against Biden as far as public discourse is concerned, DNC leadership will *still* probably push Biden as the 2020 nom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

missing 2 words

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Crows Turn Off posted:

Depends on if they can DeepFake some audio fast enough.

I mean, he get wrecked all the way into the Presidency and has installed his supporters throughout government so he'll still be influencing all branches of government, notably the courts, well after he's gone.

Wouldn't it be possible to make the case that the most corrupt President and (if it actually happens, first successfully impeached) should have their appointments tainted by association, and thus should be rendered null and void?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
It's a shame the whistleblower won't be able to testify publicly.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Wouldn't it be possible to make the case that the most corrupt President and (if it actually happens, first successfully impeached) should have their appointments tainted by association, and thus should be rendered null and void?

buh? there have been multiple successful impeachments

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TulliusCicero posted:

You can make a case, but Republicans will never give up their judges. Ever.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgP8Vlx9kas

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

TulliusCicero posted:

all of the establishment types will line up against this, both parties.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Oh, did a ton of people think we said something anti Semitic? Feature it on our social media to show we don’t give a gently caress

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not even a good line. plus he said it at the UN lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember how I said they'd try to distract?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1176568991722221575?s=20

There's your fox news headline.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cerebral Bore posted:

"I stopped having a wrong opinion after the evidence against it became overwhelming" isn't exactly a stellar line of defense, especially not when folks on the left called bullshit on the Iron Lady Pelosi narrative years before you wisened up.

I'm on the left and nah, most of the criticism was on how left she is(she's not), rather than her control of the caucus. People, myself, included, said in this series of threads that she's a poo poo person but appears to get poo poo done, and then revised that when she didn't do squat.

quote:

The real dumb thing here is that what you two are doing is basically tantamount to arguing that being able to predict things in advance doesn't actually matter, which is a pretty stunning level of arrogance, gotta say.

Actually what I'm saying is that constantly dropping into the thread to "own" the hardcore Pelosi contingent that doesn't actually exist here is pretty sad, but you do you man.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

No Safe Word posted:

I meant convicted as well

My bad

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"Tomorrow Belongs To Me"

- Donald john Trump, as a young boy dressed in lederhosen

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Tomorrow Belongs To Me"

- Donald john Trump, as a young boy dressed in lederhosen

Ironically written by two Broadway jews!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

duh, but "official" announcements starting to come out

https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1176569271633272835

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
There's effectively no chance of Trump being removed and I'm not even sure how much this is going to matter, but today is still a good day.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

I meant convicted as well

My bad

Do you mean Presidents only? Because like dozens of people have been successfully impeached by Congress. I wanna say as recently as like 2010. It's mostly been lovely Federal judges.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I expect her to announce and implement it in the worst and slowest way possible

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

Since I personally said it when it appeared that way in previous administrations, and then quickly dropped it when it became clear that she was going to do jack poo poo in this one, I guess it says my political judgement is pretty good and you trying to present yourself as some rational adult in the room by complaining bout strawmen that ceased to exist years ago, just like happens about 2x a week in this thread, is kinda dumb.

"I changed my mind only when my position collapsed under me completely, that's why I'm smarter than the people who were right all along and you should listen to me and not them"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

No Safe Word posted:

No need to be obtuse, you should know well that this is one of the most common misconceptions in armchair politicking. Tbf people should really say "impeach and convict" because that's what they almost always mean

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VitalSigns posted:

"I changed my mind only when my position collapsed under me completely, that's why I'm smarter than the people who were right all along and you should listen to me and not them"

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1176559957069762560

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

No Safe Word posted:

duh, but "official" announcements starting to come out

https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1176569271633272835

loving finally. Hopefully this means it is a lock if Pelosi is on board.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CuddleCryptid posted:

loving finally. Hopefully this means it is a lock if Pelosi is on board.

It has always been Pelosi's decision, which is why it hasn't happened until now.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Zesty posted:

gently caress ICE

hell yeah

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Unless the Globalists pay cash. Then we love them.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I expect her to announce and implement it in the worst and slowest way possible

Doing it slowly night be the best strategy, hard to tell

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

You can make a case, but Republicans will never give up their judges. Ever.

A large portion of dems would fight it too, I'm pretty sure. Once Trump is out, whether by vote or (lol) getting convicted upon impeachment, whoever's next is going to be pushing "Now it is time to return to normalcy, time for the nation to heal" and the pardon factory will have to run extra shifts. Cf. post-Nixon pardon-a-rama

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
You know, the thing I'm really thinking impeachment is going to help with is basically slowing down the destruction Trump is doing to everything in this country, especially elections. Trump's playbook is to constantly be on offense and impeachment is going to suck up most of, if not all of, his attention as he tries to fight absolutely everything that is said.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Absolutely, and a whole bunch of his minions will rat each other out too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dragging it out isn't a bad thing, the goal is to keep the brazen lawlessness of every facet of this administration in the public consciousness for a long-rear end time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1176571750806474752

Trump wants to pivot back to infrastructure week

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Flesh Forge posted:

Absolutely, and a whole bunch of his minions will rat each other out too.

I'm looking forward to his own kids and wife turning on him once it becomes clear that their inheritance is ruined.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Failed Imagineer posted:

missing 2 words

haha, was thinking the same thing.

Rather surprised it didn't read, "We must secure the future for our children against the globalists...."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Infrastructure, Etc. Week

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
We should also take note that this will be thought #1 on Trump's brain at all times. There will not be a single thing he thinks about more than him currently being impeached, and he will never shut up about it. He will be miserable and it will be great.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember how I said they'd try to distract?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1176568991722221575?s=20

There's your fox news headline.

Who cares? If Fox wants to gently caress this chicken while everyone else is talking about the first Congressional Select committee since loving Watergate, fine.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Ralepozozaxe posted:

We should also take note that this will be thought #1 on Trump's brain at all times. There will not be a single thing he thinks about more than him currently being impeached, and he will never shut up about it. He will be miserable and it will be great.

At the end of the day, this is a black mark on his tenure that Obama doesn't have. He'll never get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

James Comey has some opinions about this matter

https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1176559285372768256