Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Honestly not trying to primary chat. But, I really want Biden to fall apart just so this entire situation can be about Trump flailing at a non-existent opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shut the gently caress up Comey, this is at least partially your fault

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/1176571162630840320?s=19

It'd be nice if this could be public record.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Retro42 posted:

Honestly not trying to primary chat. But, I really want Biden to fall apart just so this entire situation can be about Trump flailing at a non-existent opponent.

:same:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Ralepozozaxe posted:

We should also take note that this will be thought #1 on Trump's brain at all times. There will not be a single thing he thinks about more than him currently being impeached, and he will never shut up about it. He will be miserable and it will be great.

While I agree this will consume him, he's already miserable.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I guarantee it will be at some point.

I bet Barr is going to threaten to throw them in jail for this though.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I didn't realize this :. John Lewis didn't just put out a statement, he gave a speech on the house floor. This is happening.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the american people didn't vote trump into office.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm looking forward to his own kids and wife turning on him once it becomes clear that their inheritance is ruined.

This will be a consequence of state and post-trump federal investigations, not impeachment.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Infrastructure week during impeachment would break the simulation, resulting in Trump successfully convincing Republicans and Blue-Dog Democrats to dissolve Congress, Trump declaring himself God Emperor and then ordering his own execution.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Retro42 posted:

I think it's probably okay to talk about since this is a time in The Discourse where USPOL and Primary Chat are inextricably linked since Trump is involved

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

theflyingorc posted:

I didn't realize this :. John Lewis didn't just put out a statement, he gave a speech on the house floor. This is happening.

I don't want to get my hopes up just for them to be dashed on the rocks, but it seems like it really might be. Fuckin' A.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Jaxyon posted:

I'm on the left and nah, most of the criticism was on how left she is(she's not), rather than her control of the caucus. People, myself, included, said in this series of threads that she's a poo poo person but appears to get poo poo done, and then revised that when she didn't do squat.

Actually what I'm saying is that constantly dropping into the thread to "own" the hardcore Pelosi contingent that doesn't actually exist here is pretty sad, but you do you man.

I mean, I'm not ashamed to say I've given Pelosi the benefit of the doubt in the past. We don't all arrive at being leftists from jump. poo poo, I'm ashamed of the political beliefs I held 10 years ago.

That's also why I have several posters here on ignore, because I also don't think "making GBS threads" on people for growing and changing in their political beliefs is productive or brings anyone around. I mean, isn't the whole point of engaging in political discourse to sway others' opinions? Like, I seriously don't get some of the uber-redundant "see, I told you so" posting in this thread's incarnations about Pelosi.

lol I'm so stoked anytime something I have to say changes anyone's mind for the better, I can't imagine turning around just to poo poo on them as soon as they begin to agree with me.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

haveblue posted:

This will be a consequence of state and post-trump federal investigations, not impeachment.

And will likely come fully to maturation after Trump's dead.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Arist posted:

Yeah, the first thought that popped into my head was "You're one of the main reasons we even have to deal with this, shut the gently caress up, Sasquatch".

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

haveblue posted:

Pretty sure Trump Org is/has been turbo hosed for a while now. Might not see results for a while but the family isn’t walking away from that one.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

haveblue posted:

Yeah he'll be out of office before anything like that gets going.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
lol I just heard the actual soundbite from Trump's UN speech on the evening news, and the stupid rear end in a top hat pronounces "patri-OT" even weirder than he does "in-DUS-try"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ripoff posted:

Infrastructure week during impeachment would break the simulation, resulting in Trump successfully convincing Republicans and Blue-Dog Democrats to dissolve Congress, Trump declaring himself God Emperor and then ordering his own execution.

I'm gonna have to support the full-anarchy timeline, even if it's also the stupidest one, TBH.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This might be something a lot of you would hate, but....

I think the impeachment should have its own thread if not it's own subforum.

Arist posted:

I don't want to get my hopes up just for them to be dashed on the rocks, but it seems like it really might be. Fuckin' A.

It's happening. I'm playing Raining Blood at simply unacceptable volume in celebration.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

comey's letter had more effect on the election than all the russian interference and he has to the gall to blame the american people lol. what a poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In case you wondered what the GOP response will be. Ga GOP Congressman

https://twitter.com/Buddy_Carter/status/1176571780045185027?s=20

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Arist posted:

Precisely. gently caress that implication that the US citizenry needs to “learn from their mistakes” on this. The US citizenry did vote for someone else you daft idiot.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Retro42 posted:

Pretty sure Trump Org is/has been turbo hosed for a while now. Might now see results for a while but The family isn’t walking away from that one.

I mean its basically surviving on a steady diet of bribe money in the form of "If we want Trump to [do thing good for our business/country/industry], we need to just book a bunch of hotel rooms at Trump Hotel in DC" and not to mention the US Military graft that is going on in Scotland and god knows where else.

Once he's out of office and that money dries up, there will be nothing left.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1167100618223362048?lang=en

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

mdemone posted:

This might be something a lot of you would hate, but....

I think the impeachment should have its own thread if not it's own subforum.
While I do have the celebratory spite avatar change lined up, we should probably wait until the announcement. It's possible they wait until Friday, and the new thread would be pure poo poo until then.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Well, at least that wasn't with Erdogan...

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I wonder if the transcript will have additions scrawled in large sharpie on it. "Yes, Mr. President, Joe Biden was doing corrupt bad things. The corruptest and the baddest."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

In case you wondered what the GOP response will be. Ga GOP Congressman

https://twitter.com/Buddy_Carter/status/1176571780045185027?s=20

So basically their response to anything regarding an investigation to Trump then. "oh they're just sore losers, he didn't do anything wrong, they don't really care" and other hypocritical bullshit statements.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tibalt posted:

While I do have the celebratory spite avatar change lined up, we should probably wait until the announcement. It's possible they wait until Friday, and the new thread would be pure poo poo until then.

as obnoxious as it was when it seemed like most of the thread was pelosi defenders it is cool that everyone saw the light.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Almost Smart posted:

I wonder if the transcript will have additions scrawled in large sharpie on it. "Yes, Mr. President, Joe Biden was doing corrupt bad things. The corruptest and the baddest."

"Mr. President I must say before we hang up that this was a PERFECT phone call. Just tremendous."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

“The American people don’t deserve relief from the immediate effects my big giant cock up mistake” is one hell of a universe brain take there, James, gotta say.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

That dude can and should suck a dick. Or better yet multiple dicks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/EvelynNFarkas/status/1176566520849326080

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Brony Car posted:

Seriously, Comey needs to shut the gently caress up forever and go back to those forests in his emo as gently caress social media posts 6 months back

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brony Car posted:

Why would you want him to do something cool and good

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Either Trump gets impeached or Pelosi gets impeached should be the message going forward

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Why the gently caress wouldn't it be standard practice to document all calls thoroughly?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

There Bias Two posted:

Why the gently caress wouldn't it be standard practice to document all calls thoroughly?

Wikileaks, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Why would you want him to do something cool and good

Because he wouldn't enjoy it.