Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

They would have wasted them. The organization is institutionally awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ehud posted:

i'm going to get all of you guys one of these because I think you'll get a lot of use of them every time you discuss a QB

Change "Lose one turn" to "Lose one Fumble" and I would dance on that "Could be," "No" and "Accept it" like DDR on expert every time Cousins throws the ball.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Give me a rebuild again square and I'll buy it

I want a Jump to Conclusions for NFL Owners edition:

Keep Coach, Fire GM
Fire Coach, Hire Belichick Disciple
Insult Black Players
Tell Coach more 7 Step Drops
Compliment Trump
Give Injury Prone FA Huge Contract
Sex/Harassment Scandal!
Repeat "Trust the Process"
Cut Popular Player to Save 1% Cap Space
Promote Son to Team President
Draft RB #1 Overall
Fire Everyone, Rebuild

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
^^^No establish the run, I see your red text is warranted :colbert:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They would have wasted them. The organization is institutionally awful.

May God ruin them

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Its Rinaldo posted:

^^^No establish the run, I see your red text is warranted :colbert:

May God ruin them

The NFCN thread is really thin skinned about making establishing the run jokes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Isn't that a NFCW thread thing

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Didn't Shanahan engineer a powerpoint presentation and show it to management specifically for the purpose of convincing them he shouldn't be there, and they bought it?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Horse Inspector posted:

Didn't Shanahan engineer a powerpoint presentation and show it to management specifically for the purpose of convincing them he shouldn't be there, and they bought it?

Wasn't that Mike and not Kyle?

If it was Kyle that's an amazing move and I like him more than I did before.

e: poo poo it was Kyle. Go 49ers.

Oh that was the Browns and not Redskins though

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 24, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kickers drafted in the 3rd round:
Buccaneers: 1
31 other teams: 0

Why the gently caress are those pass happy clowns talking about our religion?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Sebass was a first though

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hot Diggity! posted:

Isn't that a NFCW thread thing

We adopted it as our mantra but NFCN was born to it, molded by it.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Grittybeard posted:

Oh that was the Browns and not Redskins though

Ah dammit I got it mixed up in my head. Sounded like a good anecdote given that tweet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NFC North has been joking about establishing the run as far back as 2013, 2014? What are you on.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Holy poo poo how could I forget about Fat Mike trying and always failing to establish the run

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sebass was a first though

And worth it. He's Oaklands career scoring leader at more than double the second place of George Blanda.

e: he's #10 all time for all NFL players.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If Frank Gore is the patron saint of establishing the run, that must make Eddie Lacy the prodigal son.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

And worth it. He's Oaklands career scoring leader at more than double the second place of George Blanda.

e: he's #10 all time for all NFL players.

#1 is a UDFA

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
"you have the opportunity to spend a late first round pick to get one of the top 10 scoring leaders of all time. Do you?"

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Kyle Long got his wang posted to Instagram by Tarik Cohen.

https://deadspin.com/tarik-cohen-unwittingly-exposes-a-nude-kyle-long-to-the-1838409753

When will people learn not to record in the locker room.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1176528073136775170?s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Keenan Allen has always been a loving dude and I’m glad to see he’s starting to get recognized as superstar rather than just a really good player.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

seiferguy posted:

If Frank Gore is the patron saint of establishing the run, that must make Eddie Lacy the prodigal son.

Unfortunately he got confused and began to establish the Bun instead

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I am worried about the patriots injuries.

I'm also worried. There aren't near enough injuries for every single player to be dead come postseason.

OxySnake posted:

I honestly would not of guessed the Rams.

I'm guessing most of that was pre-McVay and it must've been really bad. Certainly since 2017 I have not noticed them missing a lot of kicks besides a little stretch when Zuerlein was injured, plus the standard occasional misses.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
It was all the long field goals Jeff Fisher had him kicking

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

Keenan Allen has always been a loving dude and I’m glad to see he’s starting to get recognized as superstar rather than just a really good player.

The reason why is because Allen essentially lost a season and half because of injuries. (2015 lacerated kidney and then he tore his knee against Marcus Peters in 16) When he's healthy he's absolutely at minimum a top 10 WR in the league and the last few years have bore it out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

He established the lunch

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

The reason why is because Allen essentially lost a season and half because of injuries. (2015 lacerated kidney and then he tore his knee against Marcus Peters in 16) When he's healthy he's absolutely at minimum a top 10 WR in the league and the last few years have bore it out.

It also hurts that he's on the Chargers. It helps if your team has fans.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Chichevache posted:

He established the lunch

Frank Gore: Feasting on carries and yards
Eddie Lacy: Feasting on the buffet

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I know this won't happen, but if you exclude week 1 and just go by how many yards per game Frank Gore averaged, pretended he missed week 1 and just extrapolate this out 15 games he ends up with a 1000 yard season. He would be the oldest HB to do so, breaking the record set by a then 33 year old...Frank Gore.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1176612993557127169?s=20

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Something really cool about the NFL today is the success of these young QBs who were drafted brimming with potential and no polish. I think Mahomes would have busted on the vast majority of teams, Ravens included. The system Reid built around him scheming players wide open in space/time windows that only Mahomes could hit has been magical. Then you look at the crop of young not yet officially good QBs in Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and... holy poo poo Daniel Jones. It seems like the league has finally learned to build play calling and roster design to the talents of the signal caller and not the other way around.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-nfl-quarterback-rankings-following-week-3

Their QB rankings so far this season:

1. Tom Brady
2. Dak Prescott
3. Carson Wentz
4. Russell Wilson
5. Deshaun Watson
6. Patrick Mahomes
7. Derek Carr
8. Gardner Minshew
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Jimmy Garoppolo

Mahomes has 417 yards and three TDs more than Deshaun Watson and no picks to Watson's 1. Whatever your algorithm is to come up with this ranking you need to go back to the drawing board you fuckin nerds

Included in negatives they applied to Mahomes was passes that should have been intercepted and fumbles including the one that the center hiked to the other team. They said that Mahomes had three turnovers this week.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think Mahomes would have busted on the vast majority of teams

:lol: Nah, not at all. His numbers would be down for sure.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mahomes coming out was considered more raw than white Josh Allen. Yes he would've busted

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Those who considered that were wrong.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kiimo posted:

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-nfl-quarterback-rankings-following-week-3

1. Tom Brady
2. Dak Prescott
3. Carson Wentz
4. Russell Wilson
5. Deshaun Watson
6. Patrick Mahomes
7. Derek Carr
8. Gardner Minshew
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Jimmy Garoppolo

PFF is pure eyetest baby! enjoy it. ( i mean baby in the zoot suit slang way, not calling you a baby, it's always great fun when people get exposed to their methodology).

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

kiimo posted:

Those who considered that were wrong.

Lol ok let's rewrite history then. Everybody totes knew he was an instant stud which is why he sat for a year and was drafted at 10.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mahomes probably wouldn't have busted in Buffalo but he'd be a mid tier surprise at this point at best

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

kiimo posted:

1. Tom Brady
2. Dak Prescott
3. Carson Wentz
4. Russell Wilson
5. Deshaun Watson
6. Patrick Mahomes
7. Derek Carr
8. Gardner Minshew
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Jimmy Garoppolo

Mahomes has 417 yards and three TDs more than Deshaun Watson and no picks to Watson's 1. Whatever your algorithm is to come up with this ranking you need to go back to the drawing board you fuckin nerds

Included in negatives they applied to Mahomes was passes that should have been intercepted and fumbles including the one that the center hiked to the other team. They said that Mahomes had three turnovers this week.
Rodgers hasn't been terrible, but he certainly hasn't played well at all. I think this algorithm stinks. Also, Mahomes should be number 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Lol ok let's rewrite history then. Everybody totes knew he was an instant stud which is why he sat for a year and was drafted at 10.

His terrible footwork his undisciplined arm angles! He's gonna throw so many interceptions!!!

Mahomes junior year: 591 attempts, 10 INT. Rate: 1.7%

Mahomes pro career: 729 attempts 13 INT.

Rate: 1.7%

He's the rare guy that doesn't need either foot planted to throw 50 yard dimes. He wouldn't have busted. The problem was that the framework for predicting NFL success hadn't seen him yet. His decisions are still as reckless as ever it's just that he has the strength and accuracy to pull off inadvisable throws.

I have gifs if you need visual evidence.