Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Well I was going to clean my garage but now it looks like I'll be here all day with you fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Why the gently caress wouldn't it be standard practice to document all calls thoroughly?

Because the prevailing theory up until Trump is that Presidents should be given wide latitude and secrecy wrt negotiations and/or conversations with foreign leaders. Now we see the giant flaw in that logic.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Either Trump gets impeached or Pelosi gets impeached should be the message going forward

Donald and Pelosi enter the Thunderdome. Only one gets to leave.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

*sighs and adds another tally mark to "Awful Authoritarians Trump Loves"*

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Haven't transcripts of calls already been leaked? Right after he got into office and pissed off the prime minister of Australia?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brony Car posted:

Donald and Pelosi enter the Thunderdome. Only one gets to leave.

While I would support this, you can't impeach representatives. Pelosi could be deposed as Speaker by a vote of the majority of her party and ejected from the House entirely by a 2/3 majority of all representatives.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1176577779690815488

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Biden is lisping his way through a speech on this now.

edit* he took no questions

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh loving word???

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

haveblue posted:

While I would support this...

I do not support this. It's a travesty of justice to let either of them leave the dome.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

"Dems just now realize what voters have been shouting from the rooftops for over a year now."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Finally some sense!

Christ, I have class in a minute but I'm gonna be refreshing this thread all day :f5:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

No poo poo. We have been loving saying that for months while they were watching opinion polls

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

No poo poo. We have been loving saying that for months while they were watching opinion polls

Someone post the Bors Gay Marriage comic again.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Missed a spot with his makeup.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Democrats discover that doing things can have benefits.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

THERE he is, bout time Durbin.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is a loving joke how politicians are dumber about politics than randos on an internet message board.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Another thing to remember if/when Trump releases a transcript:
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1176574572365275138
So releasing just the transcript is right in line with Trump's approach to dealing with political scandals (admit to one portion at a time until the public is so exhausted by the news that they don't care).

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is a loving joke how politicians are dumber about politics than randos on an internet message board.

I wouldn't say they are dumber, just more callous. Pelosi always knew she had to impeach, this is just her realizing it is more politically advantageous to impeach now rather than hold it over his head during the election.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKIN poo poo?????

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Now is the time! Release the n-word tape, Tom Arnold!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Didn’t see this.

https://twitter.com/isikoff/status/1176556893516500992?s=21

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

WE GOT HIM! WE GOT BIDEN!

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I have zero faith that this will be about anything other than Biden by the GOP.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It’s the Senate. McConnell is probably trying to con the whistleblower to come forward to a “friendly” Republican cohort audience so he can turn around and burn him publicly to cover for Trump.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Goddamn he looks like poo poo.

I mean, wow

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Anyone with a brain was saying that this was good politics for months, it just took until now to get Pelosi off of her rear end

House Dems have to at least give something to their base, even if they don’t know how to do that

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

nine-gear crow posted:

It’s the Senate. McConnell is probably trying to con the whistleblower to come forward to a “friendly” Republican cohort audience so he can turn around and burn him publicly to cover for Trump.

Which might be why the guys lawyers has been saying he wants to talk to the house Intel committee first

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

This is just going to end up being "Trump did something bad but also Biden was also behaving unethically" so the public won't give a poo poo, right?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

theflyingorc posted:

Nobody is making that argument anymore
Yeah but as far as I can tell, almost none of the people who did make that argument, have updated their beliefs much, other than to include "maybe Nancy Pelosi isn't so great after all, on certain things at least" and so will probably make similar mistakes again.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Scott Forstall posted:

Goddamn he looks like poo poo.

I mean, wow

He does look like total poo poo, but I think something's wrong with the red saturation in that photo. That tie is practically 255,0,0.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

kidkissinger posted:

This is just going to end up being "Trump did something bad but also Biden was also behaving unethically" so the public won't give a poo poo, right?

Biden isn't the president

Will chuds care? Oh yes, their posts will be typed one handed. But the majority?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1176582407807545345
👀

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
He does look awful. I keep waiting for the day his skin suit ruptures and we find out he's made entirely of bugs a la Oogie Boogie Man.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

She's doing it with a live statement via teleprompter and there's going to be a republican response lmao

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nanny P bringin’ the HEAT. ...As in the friction from her heels as she was dragged to this moment was so great it’s literally left a trail of fire behind her.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

kidkissinger posted:

Hopefully Biden goes down too.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FizFashizzle posted:

a republican response lmao

This is going to be Corey Lewandowski making armpit farts for 20 minutes and the Chuds will eat it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
That senate hearing is going to be an utter trainwreck.