Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
someone post the bouncing buttcoin gif

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

remind me what year this was originally posted, because I'm pretty sure the answer is funnier than 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

KnifeWrench posted:

remind me what year this was originally posted, because I'm pretty sure the answer is funnier than 2019
Early 2018

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 24, 2019

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
inching towards 8k, what's the reason now

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

impeachment? idk

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

nerdz posted:

a guy said it would never drop below 10k so satoshi's trying to spite him specifically

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Luckily Tether is doing really well, so at least we know Bitfinex isn’t involved in this completely natural minor fluctuation/purchase opportunity.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
seems like somones hand suddenly weakened

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

someone post the bouncing buttcoin gif

?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
This is actually very good for bitcoin - now there’s another 20-25% growth potential

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
sometimes the shortest path to the moon is through the center of the earth

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

nerdz posted:

srspst, i think it was that the bakkt launch went off like a big wet fart

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

AlbieQuirky posted:

srspst, i think it was that the bakkt launch went off like a big wet fart

The what ?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

prosecution futures futures

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
fondly remembering the days when mark would simply unplug the router

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
if fartcoin existed. im guessing its first fork would be wet fartcoin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jimmyjams posted:

if fartcoin existed. im guessing its first fork would be wet fartcoin

It exists. And it's a dogecoin fork.
https://github.com/fartcoin-project/fartcoin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Posted by u/zotbott
17 minutes ago
OMG!! It was Greta Thornberg!
.. and that's why BTC hash rate plummeted and the price followed. Bitcoin miners were so moved by her remarks yesterday to the United Nations that they are leading the effort to cut CO2 omissions by turning off their machines and save the planet. BRAVO!!👏👏👏

Posted byu/lilnilhil
2 hours ago
all you 'i told u so' losers never 'told us so'
Yeah, looks like I lost about $1500 today so far. I bought at 12000 or something this time, only a g, and then twice as much as that in eth, and I have been down ever since you know why? Because I don't know what the hell the market is going to do.

Right now I am high as a kite on legal marijuana in florida in a half million dollar house though, you know why? Because I hodled. I bought a few bitcoins at 3,000 a couple years ago, and I sold a few more at 18k. I didn't know what I was doing then either. This is not my day job. I am not cool like you dudes who do 'shorts' n have been doomsday calling all this poo poo it seems like everyday for the 3 years or so I've been paying attention to it. Weird how can you make any money or know anything if every single day you say its going to fall? Please stfu it is annoyimg. I am goin to ognore all of this now and smoke a preroll.. this one's called gorilla grapes, should be good.. there is like one thing that is for sure, sell low, lose money.
I am ignoring today. you all have fun with this doomsday bs, see you when we're rich again.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 24, 2019

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

nerdz posted:

lol "reason"

nice one

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Paladinus posted:

Posted by u/zotbott
17 minutes ago
OMG!! It was Greta Thornberg!
.. and that's why BTC hash rate plummeted and the price followed. Bitcoin miners were so moved by her remarks yesterday to the United Nations that they are leading the effort to cut CO2 omissions by turning off their machines and save the planet. BRAVO!!👏👏👏

Posted byu/lilnilhil
2 hours ago
all you 'i told u so' losers never 'told us so'
Yeah, looks like I lost about $1500 today so far. I bought at 12000 or something this time, only a g, and then twice as much as that in eth, and I have been down ever since you know why? Because I don't know what the hell the market is going to do.

Right now I am high as a kite on legal marijuana in florida in a half million dollar house though, you know why? Because I hodled. I bought a few bitcoins at 3,000 a couple years ago, and I sold a few more at 18k. I didn't know what I was doing then either. This is not my day job. I am not cool like you dudes who do 'shorts' n have been doomsday calling all this poo poo it seems like everyday for the 3 years or so I've been paying attention to it. Weird how can you make any money or know anything if every single day you say its going to fall? Please stfu it is annoyimg. I am goin to ognore all of this now and smoke a preroll.. this one's called gorilla grapes, should be good.. there is like one thing that is for sure, sell low, lose money.
I am ignoring today. you all have fun with this doomsday bs, see you when we're rich again.

Are we sure this isn't moridin when he totally-wasn't-owned about bragging how he forged business invoices and stole from smaller shops?

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not upset I'm just kinda confused as to why people have to make poo poo up. I didn't care that my gf set up an Amazon wish list to direct internet nerds at when they fawn over her for the crime on not using a voice changer online, she gets a PS4, suddenly I'm "pimping my gf out." Weirdos.

I'm sitting here in a bathrobe smoking weed and poo poo posting on my phone how mad do you think I possibly am

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
Being a bitcoiner requires climate change denial, correct? Or do they have some mental work around

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

StateOwned posted:

Being a bitcoiner requires climate change denial, correct? Or do they have some mental work around

they believe that since mining bitcoin requires more and more power it will inevitably incentivise green/free enegy development

because you know when we're only powering our whole society there's really no incentive there, but with bitcoin....

also they hate wind turbines

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i remember that post. good post.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i remember that post. good post.

it's grown, it's actually what a large amount of them believe

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:sigh:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

from just a few days ago
https://twitter.com/DJ_Erock23/status/1175290742719143937

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

jre posted:

The what ?

bakkt launch, was dud

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
god dammit i forgot how angry this poo poo makes me

ed: lmao

http://twitter.com/DJ_Erock23/status/1175800816294219777

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So when greenspan wears a black tie, that means to sell bitcoin right? Sorry i forgot the shrill sign from soros.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
:siren:The number went down:siren:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

The Kins posted:

the developers of the popular kik instant messenger are shutting the service down and laying off most of the staff in order to better focus on getting hosed until they can't walk by the SEC over their crypto currency named after a failed microsoft phone

lmao this is hilarious

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
thought you were in the hoosegow

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

StateOwned posted:

the more common thing i've seen is a fundamental misunderstanding of how the power grid works, where they think that all the generators in the world only have the settings "on" and "off", so the world is constantly generating way more electricity than it actually needs since there's no middle ground, and they're just using the excess that would have gone to waste

this comes up a ton and i have no idea where they got that idea or how they can be so stupid

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i keep thinking bitcoin is like something out a hitchhiker's guide book. like ford and arthur at some point stumble upon a human like civilization stranded on their home planet cause they burned all their fuel printing and hoarding fake digital money

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Shame Boy posted:

the more common thing i've seen is a fundamental misunderstanding of how the power grid works, where they think that all the generators in the world only have the settings "on" and "off", so the world is constantly generating way more electricity than it actually needs since there's no middle ground, and they're just using the excess that would have gone to waste

this comes up a ton and i have no idea where they got that idea or how they can be so stupid

SimCity.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

jimmyjams posted:

i keep thinking bitcoin is like something out a hitchhiker's guide book. like ford and arthur at some point stumble upon a human like civilization stranded on their home planet cause they burned all their fuel printing and hoarding fake digital money

yeah they were the golgofrichams

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jimmyjams posted:

I chose the name Turr Demester because i thought poop salesman were the dominant species on this planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

https://mobile.twitter.com/OTC_Bitcoin/status/1176755140532916224