Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

I did not know that

The more you know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTB9cT1aG8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Groovelord Neato posted:

one of my coworkers said i was unfair to vote against baker when i told her there are no good republicans.

Baker's vape ban will actually get more people killed because the illegal products are what's killing people lol

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

medical weed I’m guessing, which is not super for that guy but the thc vaping oil is specifically what they are most worried about with the tainted vaping oil iirc

That was my guess as well but the way he phrased it I was wondering if it somehow included albuterol or something.

\/\/\/

Thanks for answering. I hope it works out for you. :(

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

My apologies if this is prying but I'm curious what type of medicine could possibly fall under this. That seems pretty evil.

It probably sounds stupid, but medical marijuana prescribed for neuro issues on top of my klonopin to keep me from jerking like a spastic person constantly and basically living in the physical symptoms of a panic attack permanently.

I can't have the edibles because of my job, I can't smoke it because of where I live. My local dispensary prepares 1000 mg carts for me that last me months and I was going to refill today but they had to stop selling at 2pm. I'm terrified I'm going to have to go on medication that causes me to slur words again and sleep 14 hours a day. I've worked really hard to rebuild a career and life at this point.

I really can't begin to explain how loving scared I am to have poo poo cut off with no plan.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Number now is at 187

:killing:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Madkal posted:

I am already seeing the right wing trolls posting about Biden and conspiracy theories related to his sons

I mean when Chuck Todd is full throatedly shouting that there’s nothing there, you KNOW there’s nothing there. But I can’t be bothered to waste my breath defending Biden at all really.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Everyone should read this, because it's exactly as bad as it sounds.

quote:

Prosecutors said that disclosing whether Abdul Kareem is on the “kill list” could permit him to evade capture or further U.S. action, and also could risk revealing or compromising intelligence sources and methods.

So the judge essentially agreed that the government was not obligated to provide information because that information could allow this guy to avoid being killed by the government.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I want to be very specific that it is illegal THC products made with veggie oil killing people. It's lipid pneumonia, specifically.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kaboobi posted:

Baker's vape ban will actually get more people killed because the illegal products are what's killing people lol

yeah he's dumb as gently caress.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Noise Complaint posted:

I can't have the edibles because of my job

What does this mean?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/sturgeons_law/status/1176630549919629312?s=21

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

ummel posted:

What does this mean?

Edibles last an extreme amount of time compared to inhalation.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

LMAO literally obstruction of justice

Is that how this would work? Does Pelosi essentially become the acting 'head' of the investigation in an impeachment inquiry? Would it matter that president braindeals™ apparently called her before the formal announcement of the inquiry?

What an exciting time to be alive, friends.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Maybe now they can finally do something about him blatantly profiting off of being in office

I'm sure they will take a look into that Scotland refueling scandal and all of the stuff at his DC hotel that has been part of multiple lawsuits.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Maybe now they can finally do something about him blatantly profiting off of being in office

I'm sure they will take a look into that Scotland refueling scandal and all of the stuff at his DC hotel that has been part of multiple lawsuits.

Oh yeah. They’re not gonna leave anything off the table. I’m guessing they’ll vote on at least 10 different charges.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/JamieOGrady/status/1176619784965935106

President Deals

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Madkal posted:

I am already seeing the right wing trolls posting about Biden and conspiracy theories related to his sons

It's a strategic error to think people care about Biden imo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mahoning posted:

Oh yeah. They’re not gonna leave anything off the table. I’m guessing they’ll vote on at least 10 different charges.

I'm gonna guess...15. And that's only because I think they'll leave some things out or combine them together.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I'm standing outside yelling "drone me, cowards!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fallom posted:

It's a strategic error to think people care about Biden imo
It's win-win for me because he's an awful candidate who shouldn't even be in the race, so if this accidentally exposes something bad for him that's fine

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Sucks that all this is just going to end with the Senate voting along party lines and Donnie staying in office.

It's like one of those movies where you know how it'll end, but you still enjoy all the shenanigans leading up to it anyway.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's win-win for me because he's an awful candidate who shouldn't even be in the race, so if this accidentally exposes something bad for him that's fine

Exactly. He's already been performing worse in the primary polls. The response to right wing extremists trying to smear Biden is a simple "Yeah he loving sucks. Anyway, did you see what the President did!?"

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Someone needs to remind Trump that Obama was never impeached. See if we can't get the dumb bastard to stroke out for real this time.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

tek79 posted:

Someone needs to remind Trump that Obama was never impeached. See if we can't get the dumb bastard to stroke out for real this time.

Wanna see him try and assert that Obama was totally impeached, the Benghazi hearings were about impeachment, he was so impeached don't you remember?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Wanna see him try and assert that Obama was totally impeached, the Benghazi hearings were about impeachment, he was so impeached don't you remember?

I could see this happening. He is def going to try to spin this to him being the victim and biden and obama were the ones that did a "corruption"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This is all so crazy.

He goes to Russia for help against Clinton. It is exposed, hearings are held, he only gets away with it by calling in favors and making backroom deals.

Next election rolls around? This stupid gently caress does the exact same thing again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

President Obstruction

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It, uh, "worked", did it not? I'm sure he learned the exact wrong thing from the previous experience, if he learned at all. (he didn't)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Merkinman posted:

Sucks that all this is just going to end with the Senate voting along party lines and Donnie staying in office.

It's like one of those movies where you know how it'll end, but you still enjoy all the shenanigans leading up to it anyway.

I hold out faint hope that the investigation and inquiry will make him do something that not even Republicans can ignore. Not sure what that would be. He could personally nuke an American city and Republicans would make excuses for him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

This is all so crazy.

He goes to Russia for help against Clinton. It is exposed, hearings are held, he only gets away with it by calling in favors and making backroom deals.

Next election rolls around? This stupid gently caress does the exact same thing again.

His MO since the 70s has been doing the exact same poo poo as before only even more blatant because everyone was too scared or disinterested in punishing him for it. But it looks like the teflon he's been coasting on might have possibly almost developed a small chip in that's starting to drag against the ground and wear away the inertia a little bit.

He could still coast away unscathed though. There's always a chance.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1176602288812638209

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://www.axios.com/senate-whistleblower-complaint-ukraine-38249a7e-83e9-4467-944b-8496df3157de.html

Can someone explain to this poor Irish man how? Unanimous? Like as in the republicans too?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Wow, its amazing how Trump is forced to comply with the law when you actually use your enforcement mechanisms

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1176633765726216194

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Today, Trump finally became precedent.

Totally misread that as "ALL GRIFTS 2X Matched!"

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

https://www.axios.com/senate-whistleblower-complaint-ukraine-38249a7e-83e9-4467-944b-8496df3157de.html

Can someone explain to this poor Irish man how? Unanimous? Like as in the republicans too?

It's going to be released one way or the other, so there is no political risk whatsoever to them asking Trump to release it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

Wow, its amazing how Trump is forced to comply with the law when you actually use your enforcement mechanisms

:lol:

It's almost like Congress was hamstringing itself for no reason

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Aidan_702 posted:

There was no vote, but no one objected. So it passes without a record of how everyone voted. Nobody is really sure why, but I guess we’ll find out when the spin machine picks up.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Glumslinger posted:

Truly remarkable what the Dems can do when they grow a set.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Fallom posted:

Exactly. He's already been performing worse in the primary polls. The response to right wing extremists trying to smear Biden is a simple "Yeah he loving sucks. Anyway, did you see what the President did!?"

the correct response to someone parroting trumps lies on this is actually not to agree with them FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

evilweasel posted:

the correct response to someone parroting trumps lies on this is actually not to agree with them FYI

Don't waste your time defending joe biden.