Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

FairGame posted:

By the way, I would like to play any character. So, uh...there we go.

Added to the list, welcome aboard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Phelddagrif posted:

Bullwinkle can loot the chest this round with Skewer.

Yep!

I'll either go through the vacated spot of the drake - or eat a pair of traps. Either works :)

Edit:

And I'm going as slow as I can so that Rocky can "deal" with the Drake.

Orders in!

Kafila fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 24, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

we are almost done... and that means its about my turn... and we get a new character?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

AtomikKrab posted:

we are almost done... and that means its about my turn... and we get a new character?

It's gonna be fiiiiiiiine :v:

Drake Nest, Round 17A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 11/12

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Eeepies, let me know which cards you'd like to lose and in which order, if you want to!

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand0, Discarded1, Active0, Lost9) is exhausted! :rip:
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded0, Active0, Lost6) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Crater.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded0, Active1, Lost5) is acting at initiative 77 with Balanced Measures and Skewer.

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

code:
"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"

"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Rules question here:

For the Masochistic mission, have 2 or less life by the end of the scenario, does it count if I'm knocked out? If not, I requested to reroll taking 1 damage when I short rested previously, did that come into effect?

Either way, I'm going to try to kill the drake with Explosive punch, and jump onto a coin or the trap with the coin, depending on the answer to the question. And I don't think the loss cards matter anymore, this is the final round, since Crater's move is a guaranteed kill.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Eeepies posted:

Rules question here:

For the Masochistic mission, have 2 or less life by the end of the scenario, does it count if I'm knocked out? If not, I requested to reroll taking 1 damage when I short rested previously, did that come into effect?

Either way, I'm going to try to kill the drake with Explosive punch, and jump onto a coin or the trap with the coin, depending on the answer to the question. And I don't think the loss cards matter anymore, this is the final round, since Crater's move is a guaranteed kill.

Being exhausted is not an automatic win condition for Masochist (IE: if you exhaust because you run out of cards while being above the HP threshold), but exhausting because your HP are at 0 counts for Masochist!

FAQs posted:

Does becoming exhausted from lack of cards affect my hit points in any way for the purposes of the "Fast Healer" and "Masochist" battle goals?
No, you can still achieve those battle goals after being exhausted if your hit points were in the correct range when you were exhausted.

E vvv: yeah the Scenario ends at the end of the Turn its objective is completed, so you get to play out the rest of the Turn, for good or bad.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 25, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I think I’ve been playing wrong.

When you meet the scenario goal, everything doesn’t immediately end? You get the remaining turn to play out?

E: ok yeah, I see the rule now. Man, that cost us a treasure chest a while back.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

FairGame posted:

I think I’ve been playing wrong.

When you meet the scenario goal, everything doesn’t immediately end? You get the remaining turn to play out?

E: ok yeah, I see the rule now. Man, that cost us a treasure chest a while back.

There's at least one side scenario where not observing this rule turns it from being kind of a jerk move to being table-flippingly annoying.

I authorize you to give yourselves that treasure chest retroactively unless you think that doesn't sound like fun.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Narsham posted:

There's at least one side scenario where not observing this rule turns it from being kind of a jerk move to being table-flippingly annoying.

I authorize you to give yourselves that treasure chest retroactively unless you think that doesn't sound like fun.

I know that scenario and we dropped a house rule on that specific instance so fast we broke the sound barrier.

Edit: ENVELOPE SPOILERS open at own risk. How is this playthrough handling the hidden envelope? Reveal its existence when the Town Records are opened?

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 26, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Drake Nest, Conclusion

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

13. Rending Drakes posted:

- Reding Drake 6 focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage. Attacks Rocky for 0 (3base, +1mod) damage.
Rocky loses Avalanche to prevent the damage!
Rockyis at 4 HP and is WOUNDED!

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

Rocky suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Rockyis at 3 HP and is WOUNDED!
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (top as basic ATK2)! Attacks Rending Drake 6 for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage!
Rending Drake 6 is at 2 HP
- Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Bullwinkle and Rending Drake 6 suffer 1 splash damage! Jumps1 to C1 Bullwinkle and Rending Drake 6 suffer 1 splash damage! Gains 1XP. Trap in hex C1 triggered, Rocky suffers 4 Trap damage!
Rending Drake 6 is killed!
Bullwinkle is at 9 HP.
Rocky is exhausted!

Eeepies, I think that when a character becomes exhausted they are immediately removed from the game; that means you won't be able to execute and End of Turn looting. Happy to change this if I'm wrong though! :)

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (bot)! Moves6 to C1.
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! No action taken!

Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Loots Treasure Tile 35

Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

The waves of red-scaled lizards seem unending, but you have harvested a significant number of corpses and make a calculated retreat. At the mouth of the cave, you break into a full sprint and the drakes don’t seem too interested in pursuing you. You begin the strenuous task of lugging the hides back to the Crooked Bone.

Hail silently takes the bloody mass of scales from you when you arrive and then disappears for a good two hours. When she returns, she holds out a handful of small, blue orbs.
“Okay, so all you need to do is lodge one of these into your throat when you go underwater and it should filter your inhaling and exhaling into the water. “It will be incredibly painful, and you’ll have a beast of a time getting them back out when you get back on dry land. I don’t envy you at all, but it should get the job done.” (26) (37)

Hail grins from ear to ear. “I’m very happy with the result actually. Thanks for providing the interesting challenge. Now get out of my house.”
:orb:

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- None! (But we now satisfy the Water-breathing requirement for Scenario 26 and 37).
Scenario Rewards
- Water-breathing Global Achievement!
Victory Rewards
+8XP each.

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 43
- Master Splinter: Executioner: Kill an undamaged monster with a single attack during the scenario.Xiahou Dun has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Rocky:Masochist: Your current hit point values must be equal or less than 2 at the end of the scenario.Eeepies has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Bullwinkle:Streamliner: Have five or more total cards in your hand and discard at the end of the Scenario.Kafila has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! (but who cares!)
Active cards that are going to the LOST pile after activation do not count for the Streamliner achievement, since they already count as LOST even if they are still active.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 18 are as follows:
Each coin token at Scenario level=2 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +16XP. (New Total 155XP) and +18 gold (New Total 18 gold). Master Splinter has enough experience to advance to Level 4!
- Rocky:+14XP. (New Total 151XP) and +12 gold (New Total 14 gold). Rocky has enough experience to advance to Level 4!
- Bullwinkle:+17XP. (New Total 158XP) and +3 gold (New Total 37 gold). Bullwinkle has enough experience to advance to Level 4!
Updated Sheets

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: no progress yet!
- Rocky: same as before! 3/4 (Bandit Commander, Merciless Overseer, Captain of the Guard).
- Bullwinkle: Completed!
Having completed his Personal Quest, Bullwinkle is announcing his retirement as soon as we step back into Gloomhaven. This event has several consequences:
:eng101: We unlock the character at the bottom of the completed Personal Quest.

Two-minis posted:

NOTE: I'm adding spoiler tags here (and these details will be spoiled in the OP) cause it's the first time we encounter this class and I don't want someone to accidentally spoil themselves without realizing it. From now on, though, the Two Minis class can be freely discussed ITT and future post will not spoil content related to it.

The Beast Tyrant

The Beast Tyrant is the only class with two miniatures, and features a unique ability called "command" that allows the Beast Tyrant to control their trusty Bear. The Bear is by far and away the best summon, with Brute levels of HP and the ability to attack three times in a turn. It also "summons" automatically at the beginning of a scenario when you place your miniatures. Perhaps one of the weak points of the class is the bear's nature as a summon; it will move and attack on its turn like a monster, which can get it into trouble and muddy the plans of your ally's turns. The Tyrant also has incredibly low HP, so you should keep it out of harm's way - and generally you will want to use your move actions to command the bear to attack. Thus, you may only have three or so cards with a movement for your Tyrant, making its positioning key. The alternative build is a Summoner with several different animal pets on top of the Bear.

:eng101: Before retiring the character we can perform other Town actions. This usually consists in selling everything the character owns. The money may then be used to enhance some of its class cards (for future Brutes) or to donate money to the Sanctuary.
:eng101: Once the character retires, the City gains 1 Prosperity.

:eng101: The PQ that has been completed is removed from the game.
:eng101: Each new character in what was Bullwinkle's "character slot" starts with 1 additional Perk already unlocked. (This is normally tied to players, but we're going to keep track of "slots" instead for the sake of the LP).
:eng101: We add one City and one Road event to the relevant piles (based on the retired character). In the case of the Brute, we add City Event #42 and Road Event #42. We also shuffle both piles.
:eng101: If we chose to create a new Character that was in a sealed box, we will also add extra events to the City and Road events.
:eng101: In any case, the new character will start at a Level equal to the current Town Prosperity (3, at the moment).
:eng101: The first time we retire a character we also get to unseal the Town Records and read from them! The Town Records are a physically sealed booklet in the game box, and you have to cut the seal for good to be able to read them.

Town Records so far... posted:

We broke continuity a little by being at Prosperity 3 already at the time of our first retirement :v: Anyway, back into town...

City Event 28 posted:

This will affect the new party member, unless the thread wants to complete this event before retiring Bullwinkle!

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 43!
2) City Event outcome, A or B!
3) The new Party Member! We can select the newly unlocked one or any of the other starting characters. We could also pick a new Brute, if we want to. Don't forget to vote for a name (or names in the case of Two Minis!). We will discuss card selection for the character after we've decided which one to play.
4) Master Splinter's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

5) Rocky's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

6) Bullwinkle's legacy: sell his equipment and (A) donate the money or (B) enhance 1+ Brute cards. Bullwinkle wealth after selling his equipment is 122 golds.
7) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

A big thank you to our players,Xiahou Dun, Eeepies and Kafila! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to AtomikKrab, Omobono and dwarf744 to let them know they're up next.)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 27, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. Splinter for being the first to exhaust
2. Adventure awaits
3. Two Minis names Ash & Pikachu to go along with our cartoon theme
4. +stun, +2/ice card, Cranium overload
5. Replace -1, add +1/immobilize card, Rock slide

Slaan fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 26, 2019

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Thanks for hosting, and shoutout to my teammates for this brutal scenario. It was my first time playing a Craghart, and this was a really interesting experience!
2. A for adventure!
3. Two Minis, names Banjo & Kazooie to follow the bear theme.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Woo, looks like I'm going to be playing the new character, so I vote Two Minis.

I strongly approve of Ash & Pikachu, but I am also a nerd, so naming him Pikachu feels wrong. But Ash & Ursaring doesn't make a whit of sense so never mind.

I will spoiler Two Minis discussion as long as we're on the current update.

Level Ups: I think Energizing Strike at 2 and I'm torn on 3 but Vicious Ally works better with RAGE so that'd be my choice. Also, our source of leaf will be cut after one more boss fight, so....

Perks - Remove 2 - 1's and Replace - 1 with +1 twice.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 26, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
1) Splinter for (almost) soloing a room of drakes.
2) City Event outcome A
3) Beast Tyrant named Ash & Pikachu
4) Replace two +1 with two +2, Remove four +0, take Cranium Overload at 4
5) Replace one -1 with one +1, Remove four +0, take Rock Slide at 4
6) Bullwinkle should donate and enhance the top of Skewer with +1 attack.
7) Rocky should donate and Splinter should buy a Minor Healing Potion.

Reik fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 27, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
We unlocked Two-mini and then played the scenario we've just seen. It was a steep learning curve for the player. First-time out, the bear almost died from retaliation damage in the first room and we had to replay the scenario.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

That Italian Guy posted:

Eeepies, I think that when a character becomes exhausted they are immediately removed from the game; that means you won't be able to execute and End of Turn looting. Happy to change this if I'm wrong though! :)

This is correct. However, Rocky took a short rest at the end of last round, and you didn't record the 1 HP they intentionally lost from that. He should've had 2 HP after the Wound, and could've lost a card to prevent the trap damage and loot the coin, and still earn his battle goal.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

I strongly approve of Ash & Pikachu, but I am also a nerd, so naming him Pikachu feels wrong. But Ash & Ursaring doesn't make a whit of sense so never mind.

Level Ups: I think Energizing Strike at 2 and I'm torn on 3 but Vicious Ally works better with RAGE so that'd be my choice. Also, our source of leaf will be cut after one more boss fight, so....

Did Gary or any other major side character ever have one? We can do them instead or just call it a Bunny of Electricity Accompanying Rogues (BEAR) :shrug:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm surprised no one has proposed Boo-Boo and Yogi yet! :tbear:

Phelddagrif posted:

This is correct. However, Rocky took a short rest at the end of last round, and you didn't record the 1 HP they intentionally lost from that. He should've had 2 HP after the Wound, and could've lost a card to prevent the trap damage and loot the coin, and still earn his battle goal.

You are right, I guess this means Rocky should have 3 more gold coins.

Also I just realized I forgot to add pictures for the new cards available to our heroes!

Mindthief

Cragheart

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 26, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

I'm surprised no one has proposed Boo-Boo and Yogi yet! :tbear:
This is my new vote, holy poo poo

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Nthing Ash and Pikachu but the bear should be Ash since the Tyrant is a Vermling.

Rosalie_A fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 26, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Trasson posted:

Nothing Ash and Pikachu but the bear should be Ash since the Tyrant is a Vermling.

:yeshaha:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Two-Minis discussion

I like Unstoppable Beast so we don't have to bring Relentless Ally just for the big move action. I'm also a fan of Active Tyrant though, so my opinion is bias.

Quick question, why did Rocky and Splinter get two perks? It doesn't look like they got a third checkmark this scenario?

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 26, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Reik posted:

Two-Minis discussion

I like Unstoppable Beast so we don't have to bring Relentless Ally just for the big move action. I'm also a fan of Active Tyrant though, so my opinion is bias.

Quick question, why did Rocky and Splinter get two perks? It doesn't look like they got a third checkmark this scenario?
IMO, you don't need a big move action or even really much of any move action at all, with the exception of a few weirdo scenarios - and there, Relentless Ally is great through the virtue of not costing us a level-up card pick. :) The bottom of Vicious Ally is reliably Attack 10 with a side dish of XP, and you don't need an earth generator around to make it work.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

Ah you're right, I just copy/pasted the wrong text <.< They only get 1 Perk each from the level up!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
For the record, I've tried playing as an active Tyrant in our IRL group. It didn't work very well; the class just doesn't have the cards to make it work (or at least to make it stand out as something special and fun).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Btw, in case it wasn't clear, you can freely discuss the Beast Tyrant ITT now, I spoiled the stuff in the post to avoid potential, unannounced spoilers for someone just opening the update. The same post also warns the readers that from now on the content of that box is spoiler free material, so we should be good to go :)

E: added a disclaimer in the OP as well.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 26, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Phelddagrif posted:

For the record, I've tried playing as an active Tyrant in our IRL group. It didn't work very well; the class just doesn't have the cards to make it work (or at least to make it stand out as something special and fun).
That's been my read on it as well. The Tyrant player in our group started out going Active, but then we let him respec the character because it just wasn't working out.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

Btw, in case it wasn't clear, you can freely discuss the Beast Tyrant ITT now, I spoiled the stuff in the post to avoid potential, unannounced spoilers for someone just opening the update. The same post also warns the readers that from now on the content of that box is spoiler free material, so we should be good to go :)
This may be incredibly silly, but did you want to update the OP to point out when various class spoilers start, with Post #'s?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

This may be incredibly silly, but did you want to update the OP to point out when various class spoilers start, with Post #'s?

Ah, funny you say that, I've literally done so a second ago :3:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

oh boy i'm excited.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Active Tyrant is harder to play but is absolutely more effective. I don't blame people for respeccing away from it though.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

Active Tyrant is harder to play but is absolutely more effective. I don't blame people for respeccing away from it though.
I disagree with being more effective. More effective with certain party compositions, maybe, but where tyrant excels is damage, and it's a universally strong build for any party composition.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

1) MVP/Play of the Game: Bullwinkle for being the first of our group to ride off into the sunset, with a drake head trophy.
2) City Event: A (after our new member joins)
3) The new Party Member: Beast Tyrant
4) Master Splinter: Cranium Overload, and add a +2 (Frost) card
5) Rocky: Rock Slide, and replace a -1 with +1.
6) Bullwinkle: Donate before retiring, and add a hex to Skewer.
7) Money matters: Tough call. Rocky can probably save its money, but Splinter should probably sell the Necklace of Teeth, buy boots (either jump or move, not sure) and a Minor Healing Potion.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

'Sup, too tired to vote on almost anything (Rocky Slide for Rocky), cya tomorrow.

p.s. Rocky has an hand of 11 starting cards right?

E: saw the PM, I'm in

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I'm mostly abstaining, but hell yes get Splinter some boots of anything. . That was super frustrating playing her.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

p.s. Rocky has an hand of 11 starting cards right?

That is correct!

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Well that was a lot of fun, and we succeeded what looked a bit sketchy at one point.

I hope I showcased the Brute a bit during their final Hurrah. The six damage Fatal Advance/Balanced Measures combo with the axe just never gets old!

Thanks so much for letting me play and I can't wait for my time to come around again :)

TIG? You're doing amazing work with this LP Congrats!

As for votes:

2) City Event: A (after our new member joins)
3) The new Party Member: Beast Tyrant
4) Master Splinter: Cranium Overload, and add a +2 (Frost) card
5) Rocky: Rock Slide, and replace a -1 with +1.
6) Bullwinkle: Donate before retiring, and add a hex to Skewer.
7) Money matters: Splinter should sell the Necklace of Teeth, buy jump boots and a Minor Healing Potion.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management IX, Update 1
There's a lot to vote on still, but it seems kinda clear that our Brute retiring has left a spot open for a Beast Tyrant!

Beast Tyrant info posted:

Our Beast Tyrant, Pikachu, starts at Level 3 instead of 1, matching Gloomhaven's prosperity. He has 8HP and a Hand Size of 10, similarly to our Mindthief. His trusty Bear Summon, Ash, has a whopping 14HP, same as our Brute or Cragheart, and some interesting special rules:

These Command cards allow the Beast Tyrant to "sacrifice" his own actions - or part of it - to make the Bear take additional ones. This is quite powerful, but on the other hand it's somewhat balanced by the Bear acting on his own turn by following the normal AI rules.

Beast Tyrant cards posted:

These are the cards available at the start to our Beast Tyrant:

These are the additional cards available after leveling up to 3. We can either pick two Level 2 cards, or a one Level 2 and one Level 3 one:

But before welcoming Ash & Pikachu, we have to say goodbye to Bullwinkle! Our Brute has butchered enough wildlife and people to feel satisfied and he's got a sweet deal for an autobiography (and the movie adaptation of it), so he's going to sell all his wordly possessions and retiring from the mercenary life. He's going to sell everything and donate his money to the Sanctuary (there were a couple of votes for adding Hex to Skewer, but that would cost 150g, since Skewer is a multi-hex ability and our Brute only has 122g). This means two things:
- Whatever was owned by Bullwinkle is now back into the Market Pool and can be purchased by other characters:

- And this is where I realize you can only donate 10g/visit to the Sanctuary, so we may have to vote again on what to do with this money (enhancing is the probable answer).

Before we welcome Ash & Pikachu into the Torch Thieves, we have to do a few more things:
- As a newly created character, Pikachu receives an amount of gold equal to 15x(L+1), where L is his starting level. Pikachu start with 60g (and 95 XP).

- Pikachu has 2 Perks for his level and 1 additional Perk because he joined the team as part of Bullwinkle's "Lineage". We have to pick 3 Perks for our new Beast Tyrant!
- We have to pick a Personal Quest for our new rat-friend! Choose one among these two:

- We also add City and Road Event #41 to the relevant decks and we shuffle them.

Now that we have a new partner (or two), we're going to take the totally legit job!

City Event 28, resolution posted:

Effect: 10 gold each!
We have to thank sneaky Master Splinter if we have not been caught, but our party is richer and no one in town is any wiser to the fact that we are totally a group of catrat burglars.

A lot to vote on this update already, so I'll split this up in 3 parts instead of two, I think!
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 43!
2) Ash & Pikachu's PERSONAL QUEST!
3) Ash & Pikachu's 2 NEW CARDS and 3 PERKS! The list can be found above.
4) Master Splinter's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

5) Rocky's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

6) Bullwinkle's legacy: since we can't donate more than 10g at a time, we have a grand total of 122g and we are not rich enough to add an Hex to Skewer, please vote on what to enhance. Alternatively, we can donate 10g and let Bullwinkle keep the rest of his money for purely fluff reasons (it is unlikely we'll play another Brute in the LP).
7) Money matters, we have 70g to spend on Ash & Pikachu (I guess this is kinda tied to what PQ wins, so feel free to add a conditional vote for this)! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ash and Pikachu

PQ: Augmented abilities, because the card fluff makes it seem like the Tyrant is all about improving itself through whatever means possible

Perks: Ignore scenario effects, remove two -1, replace -1 with +1

Cards: Earthen Spikes, Vicious Ally

Donation: Splinter

Slaan fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Sep 27, 2019