Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/aubreyhirsch/status/1176610506255171584?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Ripoff posted:

I was initially a bit afraid the transcripts would be harmless, but after Trump attempted a mulligan with Pelosi and now with the White House playing down the whole thing this will probably end up being something insane.

That you don't see a ton of republican MOCs making noise in Trump's defense should say a lot. Not that none is being made, but it's suspiciously quiet for how serious the situation is

also just want to take this chance to say that nancy pelosi can get hosed and she's still only 1% of the way towards not turning pelosi into the next quisling

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ripoff posted:

I was initially a bit afraid the transcripts would be harmless, but after Trump attempted a mulligan with Pelosi and now with the White House playing down the whole thing this will probably end up being something insane.

part of me thinks they will try to pass off fake transcripts or some poo poo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This just cracks me up, because he clearly just does not understand that there is anything wrong with doing this.

This is how he's reacted whenever his usual tactics of bluster and threaten failed to get him out of a jam in his life: call up whatever mobster or loan shark or corrupt state senator had him over a barrel and say "OK, fine, let's make a deal". And they would, because for them having a Donald Trump around was better than not having a Donald Trump around.

Similarly I think he really doesn't understand that he did anything wrong in that phone call, or in the whole withholding-of-aid thing. It was all just this great negotiating tactic he thought of, so why not? Then people started yelling at him over it, and he literally thinks that what people are mad about is that he was rude or threatening on the phone call. Not that he did crimes.

So today he's backed into a corner, and people won't stop yelling, and his super awesome UN speech didn't go so well, and it's looking like this is what everyone's going to be talking about this week, so he ... calls up the mob boss and tries to slide over a satchel of cash.

Unreal

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I still don't think they'd be so quick to comply if they knew it was damning. They'd fight more. Maybe it's just me.

My guess is there will be an 18 and half minute gap in them or something similar.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Negative, Nancy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

June 30, 2080: loving boomers ruined everything again

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

WeaponX posted:

Believing that Trump is playing some sort of mind games that people are “falling into” is a old, dumb, lie.

They are both crooks. That’s not fulfilling a goal of trumps 4d chess game that’s just truth.

This is the same bothsides bullshit that gave us President Shrub and the Orange fuckwit. It's the argument that conservatives use to excuse Republican malfeasance (hey both sides are lying crooks but at least this guy is my lying crook)

The parties aren't the same, they haven't been the same ever, and no they aren't all equally corrupt and they aren't all criminals and pushing that nonsense is doing the work of the Fash for them. How do we know this? Because Democrats get investigated constantly and when they are found to be corrupt or criminals they are run out of office and politics. Yeah there are poo poo Democrats, the difference is that there actually are some good Democrats and most are decent while there are no good Republicans.

I really don't want to have to vote for Biden, I'd much rather be able to vote for Sanders or Warren but if it comes down to him or any Republican I've voting for Biden, Because living through the results of "hey why don't we give this Republican a chance it's not like the parties are really that different" twice is quite a loving enough for me. Because it does loving matter. Democrats may not be perfect but President Gore wouldn't have gotten us into Afghanistan or Iraq, if for no other reason than he wouldn't have ignored Al Qeada or the daily briefing about them being determined to attack the United States the way Bush did, he wouldn't have passed a massive economy breaking tax cut for the rich and he would have taken the threat of Climate change seriously.

And Hillary? She's been a source of disappointment for me from the moment that she voted to let Bush go into Iraq because it showed that she had the political instincts of a rock but the idea that she's this malevolent mastermind criminal is loving laughable in it's absurdity. The Republicans spent billions getting all up in her and Bill's poo poo and found gently caress all to go after them on. Meanwhile you gently shake the average Republican and you need a loving dump truck to catch all the crimes that shake loose. Believing that nonsense is as dumb as thinking that the US faked the moon landing. If there was anything to get on her, they'd have gotten it, There is a reason why they have to make up outrageous poo poo and it's because there is no there there. If they really had anything they'd bring loving indictments. You know like Democrats loving do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

June 30, 2080: loving boomers ruined everything again

The trump fucker generation

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Aidan_702 posted:

Is this an example of where they didn’t object hoping a reasonable amount of other republicans would - and then completely lost that gamble?

What happened is that the transcripts were coming out regardless, and they don’t want to be on record as specifically having voted to release them, so now specific Republicans can claim they would have voted no/yes, but felt it pointless to fight a resolution that was obviously going to pass.

They get to have their cake and eat it basically. They can spin this a lot easier than a resolution passed with all the Dems and a few defectors, which would look absolutely horrid regardless of long term outcomes.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Then some Trump corruption poo poo comes across your table that is so bad that you decide to resign?

Sue Gordon didn’t resign over this, did she?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Data Graham posted:

This just cracks me up, because he clearly just does not understand that there is anything wrong with doing this.

This is how he's reacted whenever his usual tactics of bluster and threaten failed to get him out of a jam in his life: call up whatever mobster or loan shark or corrupt state senator had him over a barrel and say "OK, fine, let's make a deal". And they would, because for them having a Donald Trump around was better than not having a Donald Trump around.

Similarly I think he really doesn't understand that he did anything wrong in that phone call, or in the whole withholding-of-aid thing. It was all just this great negotiating tactic he thought of, so why not? Then people started yelling at him over it, and he literally thinks that what people are mad about is that he was rude or threatening on the phone call. Not that he did crimes.

So today he's backed into a corner, and people won't stop yelling, and his super awesome UN speech didn't go so well, and it's looking like this is what everyone's going to be talking about this week, so he ... calls up the mob boss and tries to slide over a satchel of cash.

Unreal

It's been apparent since day 1 of Trump's administration (and it's been the main thing hampering everything he has tried to do) that he literally understands nothing about how government functions either domestically or especially abroad. Like just the idea that the president is the point of contact with Ukraine over aid discussions is so bizarre in any world where an even minimally functional state department/foreign service exists.

Shitshow posted:

Sue Gordon didn’t resign over this, did she?

First Dan Coats
https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/item/2027-dni-daniel-r-coats-resignation-letter
then Sue Gordon
https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/PDDNI_Gordon_resignation.pdf

iirc her resignation's timeline matches up with this, Dan Coats may have predated the whistleblower thing by a day or two?

E: Coats resignation was 100% related to the Ukraine thing if not the whistleblower specifically

Really useful timeline here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/24/full-trump-ukraine-timeline-now/

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 25, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Unreal

i have been reading a pretty good book of late.
https://www.amazon.com/Scarface-Untouchable-Capone-Battle-Chicago/dp/0062441949

capone reminds me of a smart/cunning trump. he does alot of the "why are the attacking me, i just a innocent buessness man" type poo poo but he also tries the whole "deal" poo poo too. he also became a syphilitic moron, like trump.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Skex posted:

And Hillary? She's been a source of disappointment for me from the moment that she voted to let Bush go into Iraq because it showed that she had the political instincts of a rock but the idea that she's this malevolent mastermind criminal is loving laughable in it's absurdity. The Republicans spent billions getting all up in her and Bill's poo poo and found gently caress all to go after them on. Meanwhile you gently shake the average Republican and you need a loving dump truck to catch all the crimes that shake loose. Believing that nonsense is as dumb as thinking that the US faked the moon landing. If there was anything to get on her, they'd have gotten it, There is a reason why they have to make up outrageous poo poo and it's because there is no there there. If they really had anything they'd bring loving indictments. You know like Democrats loving do.

So while I'll agree with most of what you said, the Clintons invited the right hand woman of a Jeremy Epstein to their daughter's wedding. Her name is Ghislaine Maxwell and she was well known for aiding and abetting in a pedophile sex trafficking ring for the rich, the famous and the influential. Her invitation came after Epstein was convicted and served less than a year in a prison of his own design that he only had to visit sometimes.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/ghislaine-maxwell-jeffrey-epstein-alleged-madam.html

The dems don't rid themselves of all of their trash. Much of them, when they're caught at least, yes. But some businesses are deemed to big to fail. Some turds are deemed to big to flush. The Clintons are emblematic of this.

Maybe politicians are a bad idea.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I imagine so many people have seen the real transcript that altering it would be suicidal.

There is the NSA agent who was listening, the call was recorded and then transcribed by someone, there is a whistleblower who may or may not be one of those first two people, there are the people who reviewed the complaint and forwarded it up the line, which was probably more than one person, and I suspect Dan Coats, Sue Gordon, and several other top officials know what was really said.

This looks like a sinking ship. No way all of these people cover for Trump.

The whistleblower wants to talk to the intelligence committees so he or she will probably confirm authenticity.

I do wonder if there are multiple calls though and they will release the least damning one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's pretty hilarious that Trump saw Biden as such a threat that he tried to use the same playbook that worked against Hillary, but not only because he was dumb enough to do it on a drat oval office state call, but because Biden isn't even a loving threat yet, and not likely to be in the future either. He just assumed Biden = Obama and went full hate boner to stop him in the dumbest way possible and shot his own dick off. Just glorious.

Making Trump do this will be the best part of Biden's legacy.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Slowpoke! posted:

I do wonder if there are multiple calls though and they will release the least damning one.

That tweet says the White House will release the entire complaint, not just a transcript.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mummy Xzibit posted:

That tweet says the White House will release the entire complaint, not just a transcript.

Which has me worried and hoping that Trump is just too stupid to realize how bad it makes him look.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

It's pretty hilarious that Trump saw Biden as such a threat that he tried to use the same playbook that worked against Hillary, but not only because he was dumb enough to do it on a drat oval office state call, but because Biden isn't even a loving threat yet, and not likely to be in the future either. He just assumed Biden = Obama and went full hate boner to stop him in the dumbest way possible and shot his own dick off. Just glorious.

Making Trump do this will be the best part of Biden's legacy.

that and i don't bernie or warren have any real poo poo trump could dig up by doing a poo poo like this. jesus he is such a moron.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which has me worried and hoping that Trump is just too stupid to realize how bad it makes him look.

Or he's furiously scribbling on it with his trusty Sharpie.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Skex posted:

The parties aren't the same, they haven't been the same ever, and no they aren't all equally corrupt and they aren't all criminals and pushing that nonsense is doing the work of the Fash for them. How do we know this? Because Democrats get investigated constantly and when they are found to be corrupt or criminals they are run out of office and politics. Yeah there are poo poo Democrats, the difference is that there actually are some good Democrats and most are decent while there are no good Republicans.

And Hillary? She's been a source of disappointment for me from the moment that she voted to let Bush go into Iraq because it showed that she had the political instincts of a rock but the idea that she's this malevolent mastermind criminal is loving laughable in it's absurdity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Have you heard the bad news about Santa Claus?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So do you think the House Dems will do a take-backsies after they get the whistleblower complaint?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/tayhatmaker/status/1176639305889894402

This'll go well

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

That sounds very on brand.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Profiles in courage

https://twitter.com/mikeshepherdME/status/1176639744614289413

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Clearly they've learned a lot from how their platform was used to incite genocide

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

evilweasel posted:

there is when you imply it’s because of the corruption allegations trump is trying to fake

not saying you have to like him, just that you can’t agree with a trump supporter that “they’re both crooks!” that’s literally trumps goal here

you want to say he sucks for any legit reason go right ahead

this is exactly how I am going to handle it. Im going to make it clear that trumps allegations are bullshit and that the right wingers talking points are completely made up.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mummy Xzibit posted:

There was the last minute bullshit with the Mueller Report. Barr was all set to give a closed door accounting of the report on Saturday that collapsed and turned into a subpoena battle over the weekend.

Either Trump isn't making this decision, or there's a 50/50 chance Trump changes his mind.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Impeachment is bad and divisive

Your sincerely,
The Torture Memo Guy

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1176596951376322560

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

evilweasel posted:

the whistleblower is in touch with the dems and will say something if the docs are edited
This was also the rationale for giving the Barr Summary any weight at all, though, don't forget.

The admin is perfectly willing to lie even when they know they'll get caught if it lets them seize the narrative for a day.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Numlock posted:

Lol after the muller report turned out to be useless I guess Trump figured he could get away with anything.

An intact muller report may come back into review with the new impeachment powers.

Anyone remember if the House can tack on charges as the investigations proceed? I vote yes, but am a bit tired. Theoretically the House can change the procedurals ad infinitum, sans decorum as the many stories unfold.

Given the votes, of course.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Otteration posted:

An intact muller report may come back into review with the new impeachment powers.

Anyone remember if the House can tack on charges as the investigations proceed? I vote yes, but am a bit tired. Theoretically the House can change the procedurals ad infinitum, sans decorum as the many stories unfold.

Given the votes, of course.

As I understand it, until they actually vote to impeach and send it to the Senate for a trial, they can continue to add more articles of impeachment. Also, each article is passed seperately, when Nixon was impeached there were 5 articles of impeachment, and Articles 4 and 5 (secret bombing of Cambodia and tax evasion) didn't pass the House Misread my source, this part was in committee

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 25, 2019

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yeah they’re going to get regulate to all hell.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

evilweasel posted:

investigation into his son to protect his son.

here's the problem: the prosecutor had dropped the investigation that allegedly implicated biden's kid a year before biden (and the entire EU) advocated for him to be fired because the prosecutor was corrupt

you don't corruptly try to fire the prosecutor who DIDN'T investigate your kid to protect your kid

It's slightly goofier than that: the prosecutor was fired because he wasn't investigating anything. (His replacement did a much better job of pretending to investigate).

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1176648760664838145

More boot licking.

Why don't more people give Lindsey Graham poo poo? His life deserves to be a living hell everyday

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Oh good. This means that, like tennis, we can regulate the size, shape and function of the court (as well as how you interact with it) to fit our modern interpretation of the game. :v:

They have no idea that tennis courts are specifically defined in the rules, do they?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Is this what they mean by Watergate Babies?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Arglebargle III posted:

So do you think the House Dems will do a take-backsies after they get the whistleblower complaint?

Pretty sure that by the end, this will not be only about the whistle blower complaint. I'd allow nothingmatters.gif if that is the only thing the House ends up charging him with.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arglebargle III posted:

They are going to, hopefully, dig up everything they can. Considering what he did with the NWS/NOAA, I don't think anything coming out of the WH will be considered clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I agree, I laughed at this one until I cried
https://twitter.com/sluggoislit/status/1176010962987552769?s=21