Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Stereotype posted:

Neither Hawaii Representative is in the "Yes Impeachment" column which shows a lot about how D+33 doesn't really describe the politics in Hawaii.

Gabbard stated she’s not for it either. What the gently caress is going on in Hawaii?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This seems to represent a pretty dramatic shift from their usual spin. Guess the Republicans aren't feeling so confident about this one.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

This is some amazing revisionist history. She's had public support for months. She's only not had political support because she didn't want it

So what do I get for you being wrong some more?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/impeaching-trump-on-russia-was-unpopular-will-ukraine-be-different/

Ignore the punditry, look at the pretty numbers.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Can't wait for Cheeto Benito to, on camera, demand Volodymyr Zelensky tell the world there's no evidence of the things Trump has spent the past few days and Rudy the past few months publicly stating.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

This makes sense if you don't consider that time is a linear phenomenon. In that case, it may actually be possible to have all the information before the investigation.

Fallom posted:

This seems to represent a pretty dramatic shift from their usual spin. Guess the Republicans aren't feeling so confident about this one.

They also don't have a party line to fall back upon, considering how quickly this all happened. The responses we're seeing are all theirs.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Sundae posted:

Or alternatively, to put it in graphic form:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

😑
https://twitter.com/CrimeADay/status/1176642377873858560?s=19

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Edmund Lava posted:

Gabbard stated she’s not for it either. What the gently caress is going on in Hawaii?

Ed Case is a craven rich corporatist and Tulsi is a Republican, but you literally cannot win with an R next to your name in Hawaii. Both of them are going to have a tough primary fight and are relying on the olds who are really very conservative. Also no one in Hawaii really seems to give a poo poo about Trump, so they probably don't want to rock the boat.

I emailed Case though since he is my Rep. I want to run against him because he sucks.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Fallom posted:

One possible complication is that Trump messing with military aid and military purchases by countries in ongoing conflicts makes other countries MUCH less likely to want to buy or accept American military aid in the future. That directly harms American influence abroad and the pocketbooks of major defense donors.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Ringo Star Get posted:

Imagine being the mayor of New York during one of the worst terrorist attacks on US soil, and then less than twenty years later, pull this poo poo on the American people.

Didn't he advocate for putting the emergency headquarters in the World Trade Center? After it was initially bombed in the 90s.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

1337JiveTurkey posted:

One possible complication is that Trump messing with military aid and military purchases by countries in ongoing conflicts makes other countries MUCH less likely to want to buy or accept American military aid in the future. That directly harms American influence abroad and the pocketbooks of major defense donors.

good point. i think its also a much more streamlined version of the russia shitshow, it shows a pattern of trumps type of corruption and the whole Chud edifice has been cracking apart since 2018. its also like herstory said, its an easy memorable crime. its the tv drama momement where everyone realizes the obvious shithead monster is a shithead monster and actually fuckes them over for it and they have an "i am hosed" moment.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Stereotype posted:

Neither Hawaii Representative is in the "Yes Impeachment" column which shows a lot about how D+33 doesn't really describe the politics in Hawaii.

Tulsi is still running for President. I would be dismissive of her but she just qualified for the debate today so she still thinks she’s in it.

Weird lean though since every other major candidate supports impeachment. Even Biden has almost said it, and that is more than you would expect since is damaging to him if he calls for impeachment.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/NonWhiteHat/status/1176691936293531648?s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1176691717749256192?s=20

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Otteration posted:

Anyway, rethink your, "US history teacher in college" and have some more fun with all kinds of happy history! :)

I think she was being tongue-in-cheek.

I think.

She recently died from brain cancer and I was actually upset about it. Someone in a class would say something like, "You make a lot of American history sound like it was really racist," and she would respond with, "Well, it was and it still is."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1176687420961710082

"Just a country lawyer"

Referencing a saying Senator Sam Ervin made famous during the Watergate hearings :bravo:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1176687420961710082

"Just a country lawyer"

Referencing a saying Senator Sam Ervin made famous during the Watergate hearings :bravo:

holy loving poo poo. what gently caress. he knows he is hosed. thats a reaction of doomed man.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1176686468603031552

crimes

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
The Impeachment Process, Explained
"The inquiry into President Trump has the potential to reshape his presidency. Here’s how impeachment works."
Sept. 24, 2019

Reshape his presidency gently with a chainsaw, if can we do it right.

Emphasis on the loving "WE".

Florida Cop Who Arrested 2 Elementary Kids Fired; Was Previously Charged With Child Abuse
"Orlando Police have fired Officer Dennis Turner for violating department policy when he arrested two six-year-old children last week. But while Turner’s termination came swiftly (and amid widespread backlash), new light is being cast on the officer’s record of misconduct, including a previous charge of child abuse."

Thousands protest against new criminal code in Indonesia
"At least 40 injured in student protests over plans that include outlawing extramarital sex"

'Thousands of students have taken to the streets in Indonesia to protest against a “disastrous” draft criminal code that would include outlawing extramarital sex and a controversial new law that could weaken the nation’s anti-corruption body.'

GOP lawmaker to introduce bill requiring arrested DC protesters pay for police overtime
"GOP Rep. Jim Banks (Ind.) on Monday said that in response to climate protests that took place in downtown Washington, D.C., he plans to introduce a bill that would force arrested protesters to pay for police overtime.

"“Under my bill, a person will be responsible for public safety response costs incurred by the District of Columbia’s response to a demonstration if, in connection with the demonstration, the person is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor offense,” Banks tweeted."

Lesson of the Day: ‘Protesting Climate Change, Young People Take to Streets in a Global Strike’
"In this lesson, students learn more about the climate change protests that took place on Friday around the world, and consider what constitutes success for this movement powered by young people."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Edmund Lava posted:

turns out Hawaii is plotting to destroy the United States

which, frankly, is pretty fair

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
lili'uokalani will, at long last, have her vengance

pretty sure that's in leviticus

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176684407677210624

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

If this latest offense turns out to not be enough to successfully impeach Trump, then will anything ever be? I am trying to re calibrate my expectations here.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dammerung posted:

They also don't have a party line to fall back upon, considering how quickly this all happened. The responses we're seeing are all theirs.

Nah, I've heard a dozen "why aren't we waiting for information????" Things already. This is the spin lol

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

CmdrRiker posted:

If this latest offense turns out to not be enough to successfully impeach Trump, then will anything ever be? I am trying to re calibrate my expectations here.

wait and see, any answer you get is going to be bulshit

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CmdrRiker posted:

more poo poo will turn up and the election is a year away. we will probably fine.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

FizFashizzle posted:

Not sure if there's brain damage but something happened.

Drunken fall at a party, confirmed by his ex wife. Claimed his personality completely changed.

I knew his step-daughter and a ton of people who knew giuliani closely in his personal life and dude was a piece of poo poo from day one. Literally never met anyone who thought giuliani was a good guy

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How is there anyone on this planet who still thinks letting a clearly demented man like Rudy go on TV still is a good idea? :stare:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Either Trump gets removed, or he doesn’t and the DoD and intelligence community goes through the same thing that happened to the Department of State and mass exodus.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

GreyjoyBastard posted:

lili'uokalani will, at long last, have her vengance

Please, lili’uokalani, we’re already dead. :qq:

CmdrRiker posted:

It’s not so much the impeachment itself that’s important, it’s dragging out the dirty laundry he’s been hiding. There is less than a zero chance the GOP senators would vote for his removal from office, this is just to make Trump voters regret voting for him and try to primary him / not vote at all come November 2020.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

theflyingorc posted:

Nah, I've heard a dozen "why aren't we waiting for information????" Things already. This is the spin lol

Wait, really? Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no, they're doomed.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

CmdrRiker posted:

The senate is almost definitely not going to convict, for anything, if that’s what your measure of success is

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Even for Trump that is quite the stretch.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ccadelago/status/1176693520159170560

jesus christ, he is a literal angry kid that got caught.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Lol what like 5 or 6 hours later and this is all they got? Hell longer than that, since we’ve known since this morning they were gonna announce impeachment in the afternoon.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

theflyingorc posted:

They don't have any documents to misrepresent or witnesses to impugn, they just have Trump and Ghouliani openly admitting to crimes on national television. So they just aggressively insist the second thing never happened and then there isn't anything and how can you impeach based on nothing??!?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Star Man posted:

I think she was being tongue-in-cheek.

I think.

She recently died from brain cancer and I was actually upset about it. Someone in a class would say something like, "You make a lot of American history sound like it was really racist," and she would respond with, "Well, it was and it still is."

Sorry about the first bit. :( The last bit sounds much cool! Hope she was able to go into details?

Goons here have been yakking about the presidents, I think FDR has gotten a couple of yaks: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849787

A start, anyway, (the first page has goony links to your favorites, if you so choose to continue). :)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Just :lol: if another one of trumps attorneys get arrested.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dammerung posted:

Wait, really? Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no, they're doomed.

It was the first Republican response after Pelosi spoke today on CNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Lol what like 5 or 6 hours later and this is all they got? Hell longer than that, since we’ve known since this morning they were gonna announce impeachment in the afternoon.

yeah. i am curious what the narrative will be. rudy is basicaly blowing it hard on live tv.