Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

How so? I don't even have much interest in those sets but the A wing is mostly just a recolor of the excellent one from a couple years ago, and the Y wing looks really well done to me.

A lot of the slopes the a-wing had are gone with a lot more studs showing. The rear of the cockpit is pretty much gone, and the fin area just seemed incomplete. With the y-wing same issue, missing the smoothness in the cockpit area and the greebling on the main body seems hackney. Biggest complaint is the red cockpit stripes/stickers, yiiikes trying to line those up

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
https://brickset.com/article/45877/new-star-wars-sets-announced-on-thursday

I know one of you was asking about the next star wars sets. Looks like we'll see Thursday.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like how the new AT-ST is mostly just a recolor of the rogue 1 one, yet is inexplicably $20 more. They aren't even bothering to justify it with lame little side builds anymore. Really feels like they are testing the waters with just how much people will pay for Star Wars Sets lately.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

a sexual elk posted:

A lot of the slopes the a-wing had are gone with a lot more studs showing. The rear of the cockpit is pretty much gone, and the fin area just seemed incomplete. With the y-wing same issue, missing the smoothness in the cockpit area and the greebling on the main body seems hackney. Biggest complaint is the red cockpit stripes/stickers, yiiikes trying to line those up

The Y-Wing looks way better in person and the build is fun. I didn’t regret the purchase.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

I like how the new AT-ST is mostly just a recolor of the rogue 1 one, yet is inexplicably $20 more. They aren't even bothering to justify it with lame little side builds anymore. Really feels like they are testing the waters with just how much people will pay for Star Wars Sets lately.

Sounds like a total Disney move.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Lego testing how much parents are willing to pay to get their kids to shut up I guess. Any adult who wants an AT ST already has several at this point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honestly the Star Wars pricing just makes absolutely no sense anymore. You've got a new A wing that is basically the same as the last one, but it's 10 dollars cheaper than the (insanely overpriced) previous one. A new AT-ST that is basically the same as the last proper AT-St and it's $60 instead of $40.

It's definitely gone from "haha Star Wars is Overpriced" to "what the gently caress is going on" since Disney took over. The pricing it just nonsense on this poo poo. And as much as I love the Falcon and the new Star Destroyer looks great they are both absolute highway robbery. Just inexcusably overpriced.

For the most part it seems like SW went from paying a 10% premium to doubling the price since Disney. But then some sets are cheaper for no apparent reason.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I built Trafalgar Square yesterday, which completes my Lego London Collection once more.

This set has a clever way of doing the stairs but it involves the most illegal use of bricks ever, Basically the stairs are L-shaped bricks stacked and lying on their side, held in place by being pushed together by other bricks backing them.

I wonder whether there will be another London set or whether they switch to another city like New York.
I'd love to see Picadilly Circus made in a clever way. Any other London sights you think would be good?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Honestly the Star Wars pricing just makes absolutely no sense anymore. You've got a new A wing that is basically the same as the last one, but it's 10 dollars cheaper than the (insanely overpriced) previous one. A new AT-ST that is basically the same as the last proper AT-St and it's $60 instead of $40.

It's definitely gone from "haha Star Wars is Overpriced" to "what the gently caress is going on" since Disney took over. The pricing it just nonsense on this poo poo. And as much as I love the Falcon and the new Star Destroyer looks great they are both absolute highway robbery. Just inexcusably overpriced.

For the most part it seems like SW went from paying a 10% premium to doubling the price since Disney. But then some sets are cheaper for no apparent reason.

Yes. There's a few Starwars vehicles I'd still like to own, but it's all way to expensive. So my collection is probably done unless I can find the Xwing significantly cheaper than it's currently, a nicely priced Tie Defender or see some neat minifig in a Lego Magazine. :shrug:

Ninjago on the other hand with all the neat duo molding and bright colors looks tempting...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ninjago City
Ninjago City Docks
Temple of Airjitzu
Destiny's Bounty

I think most people would agree those are the top AFOL Ninjago sets.

The ninjago movie sets are pretty good, too. I mean the ones I didn't list. Like the 5 (6) ninja vehicles and the temple of the ultimate weapon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hopper posted:

I built Trafalgar Square yesterday, which completes my Lego London Collection once more.

This set has a clever way of doing the stairs but it involves the most illegal use of bricks ever, Basically the stairs are L-shaped bricks stacked and lying on their side, held in place by being pushed together by other bricks backing them.

I wonder whether there will be another London set or whether they switch to another city like New York.
I'd love to see Picadilly Circus made in a clever way. Any other London sights you think would be good?

The London skyline is changing so rapidly, they could add in the BT Tower, the Shard, the Gherkin, Canary Wharf, etc. Piccadilly Circus is a good shout though.

I realised the other day there’s not been a Los Angeles set.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Hopper posted:

I looked up the instructions and it seems fine to me. An 'illegal' connection is just one that puts undue stress on the part so it'll get damaged over time, but in this case it looks like everything lines up fine.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

The_Doctor posted:

The London skyline is changing so rapidly, they could add in the BT Tower, the Shard, the Gherkin, Canary Wharf, etc. Piccadilly Circus is a good shout though.

I realised the other day there’s not been a Los Angeles set.

Are there licensing issues with architecture? I mean not aways but I wonder...

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

https://brickset.com/article/45911/lego-ideas-review-results

Fuckaduck.

Pirate bay, sesame street and the piano were all picked.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Scipiotik posted:

Fuckaduck.

Oh poo poo! Pirate Bay yessssss!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo! Pirate Bay yessssss!

I want all 3, but will probably skip the piano.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Real curious what that piano is gonna price out at.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have the original Sesame Street set from the 70s from Playskool or whoever that looks just like that. Neat.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Is there a market for In-Store display signs? My local scuba shop has an old sign from the City series, maybe 3 feet by 4 feet, showing a scuba diver opening a crate of gold bars underwater.

I couldn't find it on Bricklink, I was just wondering if they were sitting on a goldmine with that one.

EDIT: this guy

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 26, 2019

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

From r/lego.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duz posted:

From r/lego.

gently caress, yes

edit: lol @ the hole in the roof

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Scipiotik posted:

Fuckaduck.

Wow 3 got picked and they are all good. only one license. And even that is a good looking set.

Plus the Sesame Street guy left a nice comment on my ideas submission, so go him.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scipiotik posted:

I want all 2, and will probably skip Sesame Street

FTFY

gently caress Yes, Piano! and That Pirate one looks great.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

duz posted:

From r/lego.

Unf. Those look amazing, would be instant buy for me.

Same for the piano, I can bring it to class and tell my teacher I bought a grand piano.

Pirate cove looks great too, guess I'll have to start saving up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Looks like I'm buying a poo poo ton of Ideas sets in the future. Cant wait for that Pirate Bay.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

duz posted:

From r/lego.

uXs posted:

Unf. Those look amazing, would be instant buy for me.
The full instructions and parts list to the taxi can be yours if you fork over 23 bucks to brickvault.

Fake edit: Link here for anyone curious.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

The Bloop posted:

gently caress, yes

edit: lol @ the hole in the roof

Big badaboom!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Ninjago City
Ninjago City Docks
Temple of Airjitzu
Destiny's Bounty

I think most people would agree those are the top AFOL Ninjago sets.

The ninjago movie sets are pretty good, too. I mean the ones I didn't list. Like the 5 (6) ninja vehicles and the temple of the ultimate weapon.
Stop it, you're making me want to spend money! :shepspends:

Squashy Nipples posted:

Is there a market for In-Store display signs? My local scuba shop has an old sign from the City series, maybe 3 feet by 4 feet, showing a scuba diver opening a crate of gold bars underwater.

I couldn't find it on Bricklink, I was just wondering if they were sitting on a goldmine with that one.

There always someone interested in these types of things. :shrug:

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

You'll definitely be able to sell that or at least give it to a LUG or something. I wouldn't expect you'd get much money for it though.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

There always someone interested in these types of things. :shrug:

I figured. It just felt weird not being able to find it on Bricklink.
I'm spoiled, I'm just used to having price history data at my fingertips for any given item.

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

You'll definitely be able to sell that or at least give it to a LUG or something. I wouldn't expect you'd get much money for it though.

Yeah, he's keeping it, it's a nice piece for his room full of diving collectables. I was just curious what it might be worth.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Super Grover and Slimey are amazing. I might have to buy Sesame Street just for that.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

I figured. It just felt weird not being able to find it on Bricklink.
I'm spoiled, I'm just used to having price history data at my fingertips for any given item.

Yeah, he's keeping it, it's a nice piece for his room full of diving collectables. I was just curious what it might be worth.

Fair enough. It's difficult to say really, but I wouldn't expect it to be worth more than $10 or $20. The LUG I'm in has a few of those types of things but we always get them free from local toy shops.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Scipiotik posted:

Fuckaduck.

These are all nice but skinheads of 150 to 200 € (I guess Sesame street would be GB Firehouse price level) by the looks of it. Lego going for the big bucks these days ey?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We already saw all the Starwars sets, but now it's official.

It's mostly boring retreads.

It confuses me to no end why they put in figures in Starship sets that have no place in the Starship itself. Like Snap and Not Leia. What's her role in that set? Standing on the ground waving her gun while Snap flies around?
Other sets have had them be mechanics or other ground personnel.
The YWing set manages to at least provide play value with the crew that can't fly.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That Death Star Cannon is soooo lazy.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It’s almost entirely remakes. Everything except the speeder I think.

Oh well, still going to buy the correctly colored Kylo Ren shuttle that has original (not shittily modified by me) tilting wings.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just built the spider crane.

drat what a bad set. Like...really, really bad. I think my Technic fix for the second half of the year will be the Liebherr (expensive enough), no interest in the Land Rover (it has no functions apart from "the next, best gearbox we ever built").

drat is the spider crane bad....

e: I guess it's called the Compact Crawler Crane in english

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I feel like one of you wanted a Burton's Batman batmobile. This thing just leaked. There's also a rumor of a batman D2C, so good chance this goes with it according to leakers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B262gPMnWou/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That was a pretty nice build until some idiot put stud shooters on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Scipiotik posted:

I feel like one of you wanted a Burton's Batman batmobile. This thing just leaked. There's also a rumor of a batman D2C, so good chance this goes with it according to leakers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B262gPMnWou/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That may have been me. This looks a lot like one of the Burtonmobile MOCs floating around out there, except some idiot stuck shooters on it. Overall, it's alright. What I really want is a UCS scale one of these, akin to the late 2000s UCS Batmobile LEGO put out.

Like this - this is loving rad: https://www.brickvault.toys/products/ultimate-batmobile-1989