Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Do you want to drink a six-paaaack
Drive your car off of a briiiiidge

Actual lol

Also, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Didn't Robin Williams come back for the third Aladdin movie?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yes

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
King of Thieves is actually solid for what it is as well. Aladdin got off the best when it came to its sequels, which included the animated series too.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

Which then devolved into bingeing on Raising Hope (also on Hulu).

Raising Hope was loving fantastic.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

King of Thieves is actually solid for what it is as well. Aladdin got off the best when it came to its sequels, which included the animated series too.

Return of Jafar is not particularly great overall but You're Only Second Rate is wonderful and I will die on this hill

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hulk Hogan is in Muppets from Space. Therefore it is not all bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hulk Hogan, the celebrated racist?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Didn't Robin Williams come back for the third Aladdin movie?

Yeah, and there's a whole story about that. Basically, Disney went back on a promise in his contract to not advertise the movie on 'and starring Robin Williams as the Genie', and he refused to work with them for a while after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiBdccfNkg

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BrigadierSensible posted:

Hulk Hogan is in Muppets from Space. Therefore it is not all bad.

Hahaha, Hulk Hogan has been an absolute piece of poo poo for decades.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At least he played a villain in Muppets from Space

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Memento posted:

Frozen 2 comes out the day after Christmas here and I gotta tell you I am not looking forward to that shitshow. With two daughters aged 6 and 4 though, there's no way I'm avoiding it.

A pair of sisters at optimal Disney Target audience age? Yeah, there's no way you're getting out of Frozen anything.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cat Hatter posted:

A pair of sisters at optimal Disney Target audience age? Yeah, there's no way you're getting out of Frozen anything.

"Sorry girls, Elsa dies in this one. Hypothermia. Turns out the cold should have bothered her. Anyway, LET IT GO, DADDY NEEDS TO DRINK."

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hahaha, Hulk Hogan has been an absolute piece of poo poo for decades.

Maybe, but Thunderlips, the Ultimate Male is great and I don't really want to hear otherwise.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Terry Gene Bollea is an absolute piece of poo poo. Hulk Hogan is still pure and good.

Bollea's curse will be that no one will ever care about him or take him seriously unless he puts on a blonde wig and tights.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Krispy Wafer posted:

Terry Gene Bollea is an absolute piece of poo poo. Hulk Hogan is still pure and good.

Bollea's curse will be that no one will ever care about him or take him seriously unless he puts on a blonde wig and tights.

The guy hasn't been Terry Bollea in like 30 years. He's never going to shave his head, stop wearing bandanas and dress like anything other than a 70 year old Hooters waitress.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Spider-Man saves iron man the exact same way in infinity war and endgame

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CityMidnightJunky posted:

The guy hasn't been Terry Bollea in like 30 years. He's never going to shave his head, stop wearing bandanas and dress like anything other than a 70 year old Hooters waitress.

The way I see it, if Alan Hale puts on a blue shirt and a captain's hat that doesn't mean he's actually The Skipper. It just means he's cosplaying as a character he played on Gilligan's Island. Hulk Hogan is still a fictional character, even if Terry Bollea really wishes he was real.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

oldpainless posted:

Spider-Man saves iron man the exact same way in infinity war and endgame

In Captain America The First Avenger, Steve asks doctor Erskine where he's from, and Erskine says "Queens" before asking Steve where he's from, to which he replies "Brooklyn."

In Civil War Steve asks Spider-Man where he's from and Peter says "Queens", prompting Cap to smile and reply "Brooklyn" once again.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Krispy Wafer posted:

."

Which then devolved into bingeing on Raising Hope (also on Hulu).

I started watching that show right before it went off Netflix so you just made my drat day right there.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I started watching that show right before it went off Netflix so you just made my drat day right there.

Show is just so wholesome it's disgusting. :munch:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Arcsquad12 posted:

In Captain America The First Avenger, Steve asks doctor Erskine where he's from, and Erskine says "Queens" before asking Steve where he's from, to which he replies "Brooklyn."

In Civil War Steve asks Spider-Man where he's from and Peter says "Queens", prompting Cap to smile and reply "Brooklyn" once again.

I mean yeah, that's true, but it's more of a New Yorker thing.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s great. And when you’ve finished that there’s My Name is Earl which exists in the same town.

Cloris Leachman is a drat national treasure.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Memento posted:

Frozen 2 comes out the day after Christmas here and I gotta tell you I am not looking forward to that shitshow. With two daughters aged 6 and 4 though, there's no way I'm avoiding it.

I wouldn’t like to have to follow up ‘Let It Go’, songwriters must be pulling their hair out.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh, they'll just make another song that sounds exactly like Let It Go. They already did it for the new Aladdin movie

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It's funny how the name of the song is also exactly how every parent in the country felt about it after a couple of days.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Frozen having come out in 2013 seems simultaneously too long and not that long ago.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul might be another one of those "cheating" things like Edgar Wright films but I'm rewatching BB currently and suddenly noticed that this random douche guy-

- that pulls into the parking space Walt was waiting for in S01E04 is the investment banker that Jimmy and Kim scam out of a load of drinks in the bar in Better Call Saul

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul might be another one of those "cheating" things like Edgar Wright films but I'm rewatching BB currently and suddenly noticed that this random douche guy-

- that pulls into the parking space Walt was waiting for in S01E04 is the investment banker that Jimmy and Kim scam out of a load of drinks in the bar in Better Call Saul

Writing that guy into BCS was such garbage fanservice i.e. the opposite of subtle.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Van Dis posted:

Writing that guy into BCS was such garbage fanservice i.e. the opposite of subtle.

wait what? how was it fanservice unless the guy already had a fan club?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

wait what? how was it fanservice unless the guy already had a fan club?

I think the point that's trying to be made is that it was more a cameo, front and centre, than something that Gilligan and Co were trying to sneak in. I know he's not super famous or very memorable, and he was only in one episode per series, but I remember it being very obvious when the BCS episode aired.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jesus really? Like, I watched Breaking Bad then that episode of BCS wasn't out 'til like 2 years later how do y'alls brains hold on to recognition of a 30 second cameo for that long.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Fanservice doesn't mean the actor has a fanclub, it means the writers include elements the fans recognize whether the elements are justified or not. That guy has two scenes in BB that are pretty pivotal character moments during Walt's evolution, and is a bombastic character with a recognizable manner and car. FWIW, so much happens in BB that it would be easy to forget those scenes so I can see why you'd consider it subtle if you only watched BB once years ago.

Also, Gillian is on record as having told the BCS writers that not everything in BCS needs to tie directly into BB, but the BCS writers absolutely disagree, which is a big part of why it's a clunkier, less streamlined narrative than BB. It's got the sequel problem of being too in love with its source material.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

i lost all respect for vince gilligan when he pandered to the 100k subscribers of the kenwins subreddit

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ok well people ruin everything clearly if there's a subreddit for him. I just enjoyed my lightbulb moment of recognition from two shows I enjoy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think it's a matter of reading these threads during the show's airing. We all discuss this stuff to death.

Oh, speaking of, where the hell is the BCS S5 / El Camino thread?! I know there's the BSC S4 thread but that never gets posted in.

There's a goddamned Breaking Bad MOVIE coming out on October 11th, and nary a thread to be found.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

NtotheTC posted:

Ok well people ruin everything clearly if there's a subreddit for him. I just enjoyed my lightbulb moment of recognition from two shows I enjoy.

I enjoyed reading about it, as someone who binged breaking bad once when it ended and never saw the saul show.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Olaf The Stout posted:

I enjoyed reading about it, as someone who binged breaking bad once when it ended and never saw the saul show.

FYI Better Call Saul is actually better imho. I love them both though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There's a goddamned Breaking Bad MOVIE coming out on October 11th, and nary a thread to be found.

So go into TVIV and make one :shrug:

e: wait, there is one! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899711

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

NtotheTC posted:

I’ve watched both shows multiple times and had no idea that was the same douchebag until today