Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
That one is particularly bad because it's kind of the Japanese version that's making do with a translation. I was watching a youtube video about DBZ games once and the guy kept saying things like Kuririn and it was killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bacon flaps posted:

do you know how many people zoro has killed

You should read the wikipedia article, he did far worse than just kill people.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

bacon flaps posted:

do you know how many people zoro has killed

Has Zoro ever killed anyone who wasn’t a member of Baroque Works?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Silver2195 posted:

Has Zoro ever killed anyone who wasn’t a member of Baroque Works?

he is straight up murdering folks right now in wano yall there was the entire gag that he blew his cover already. zoro is def bloodthirsty compared to his captain. yeah maybe a lot of his 'kills' are big bleach slashes and mooks fall down and maybe theyre not actually dead but.. zoro uses three swords and theyre all sharp. hes down to cut people.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

my parents boyfriend posted:

That one is particularly bad because it's kind of the Japanese version that's making do with a translation. I was watching a youtube video about DBZ games once and the guy kept saying things like Kuririn and it was killing me.
People like that are usually the kind of people who want to look more informed by using the Japanese names and terms but also have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese so they assume "Kuririn" has to be pronounced as it's written and is not in fact nearly identical to "Krillin."

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Nobody gets killed in OP they just didn't have enough willpower to not die.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sub Harrison posted:

Nobody gets killed in OP they just didn't have enough willpower to not die.
When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they are sliced apart by a three-sword wielding maniac!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.

I do not remember 96/100 Whiskey Peak bounty hunters so they are dead.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they are sliced apart by a three-sword wielding maniac!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.

I do not remember 96/100 Whiskey Peak bounty hunters so they are dead.

exactly. zoro has effectively killed dozens,

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
e: Please use the spoiler bars or don't post spoilers at all. They're even easier to use on the phone. :colbert:

people are making a big deal about these early spoilers but it's just bounties. and the bounties fall in the order you'd expect them to

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 25, 2019

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Relin posted:

people are making a big deal about these early spoilers but it's just bounties. and the bounties fall in the order you'd expect them to

finally, spoilers im glad to have read

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

People like that are usually the kind of people who want to look more informed by using the Japanese names and terms but also have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese so they assume "Kuririn" has to be pronounced as it's written and is not in fact nearly identical to "Krillin."

Yeah it's obviously Kririn. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kyte posted:

Yeah it's obviously Kririn. :v:

It's Kulilin, actually. Proof:

Everyone knows no Japanese person has even failed to logically romanize a name so this is correct.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's Kulilin, actually. Proof:

Everyone knows no Japanese person has even failed to logically romanize a name so this is correct.

Just ask any Hunter x Hunter fan about Quwrof Wrlccywrlfh!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Begemot posted:

Just ask any Hunter x Hunter fan about Quwrof Wrlccywrlfh!

That's just Welsh.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Relin posted:

And I wouldn't have known even that if you'd prefaced the spoilers more than three words in advance. :/ C'mon. Usually I check out of this thread when the first black bars start dropping, at least give more a warning than that.

Luckily I don't get that down about spoilers but it still would've been cool to be surprised by that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

And I wouldn't have known even that if you'd prefaced the spoilers more than three words in advance. :/ C'mon. Usually I check out of this thread when the first black bars start dropping, at least give more a warning than that.

Luckily I don't get that down about spoilers but it still would've been cool to be surprised by that.

u will still be surprised, i promise.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Relin posted:

Whitebeard having a higher bounty than Kaido is slightly surprising, I guess. Big Mom having a higher bounty than Shanks makes sense to me, but will make the Shanks fanboys mad.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Silver2195 posted:

Whitebeard having a higher bounty than Kaido is slightly surprising, I guess.

Whitebeard was known as The Man Closest To One Piece after the death of Gold Roger

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bleck posted:

Whitebeard was known as The Man Closest To One Piece after the death of Gold Roger

Neither Kaido nor Big Mom is a man, though...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
(Quote removed)

I'm just surprised Roger's bounty isn't over a trillion berries. Still, I'm stoked as gently caress to see the actual mug shots to go with the numbers!

Also, I still want to see the bounties for Mihawk and Dragon. As the World's Most Wanted Man, I'd guess Dragon's bounty is 10 billion. Makes sense he'd be higher than the Yonkou since he's directly trying to overthrow the World Government and World Nobles and is thus the most direct threat to the government as they come.

E: Plus, these numbers put Luffy into perspective. He's definitely very close now to the ceiling of power in the One Piece world, which is kind of weird he still struggled against Doflamingo as much as he did. The Bird Cage move is pretty bullshit since even an Admiral couldn't just cut it. I wonder if the Yonkou could straight up break it, or is it simply something where you could easily beat Doffy but still can't break the Bird Cage no matter what?

Speaking of which, how many people in the One Piece world can even Awaken their Devil Fruits? It seems even less than the number of people who can use Haki of the Conqueror...

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 26, 2019

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dont quote spoilers ahhhhhhhh

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

shhit.... luffy dies?!?!?!?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lpzie posted:

shhit.... luffy dies?!?!?!?

The One Piece was in his heart all along

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
It kind of feels like Zorojuro is more brutal than Zoro. Then again, this is kind of his arc probably. He needs some badass moments after not being in the last one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

still thinking about zoro and the cliff and then demanding his haki back

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Zoro easily has the second highest body count of the Straw Hats, but still behind Robin.

ps please also give Robin a big cool moment and/or one on one fight.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

oddium posted:

Heck me too

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

oddium posted:

yuge enma fan here myself wanna see some big slashes

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

um, aren't OP bounties even more useless than dbz power levels?

like, OP bounties give you kind of a good idea of how powerful/dangerous a character might be, but it's not a hardline thing. for example, crocodile's was at 81 million and doffy's at 320 million, but we're not supposed to believe the later is 4x more powerful than the former.

another example: jack's bounty was supposed to be a billion, but there's no way he's more powerful than doffy.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Mr Interweb posted:

um, aren't OP bounties even more useless than dbz power levels?

gently caress off and also how dare you

Bleck fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 26, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah they’re more for fame and how dangerous they are to the World Government. They aren’t terrible for judging power levels though since Strength=Fame in the One Piece universe but there are always exceptions. The shichibukai bounties are weird since they’re frozen from when they got the position, and people like Jack and Katakuri have inflated bounties because of their association with an Emperor. Similarly Kid’s bounty is higher than normal because he kills civilians.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

And of course Robin got an 80 million bounty purely based on what she knew.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Countblanc posted:

the official translation is very good

i'm gonna reread all of One Piece in the official app because those pages with Morgan looked real good

see you in a year when im done

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think it's only recent chaps, sorry.

Well worth reading in the future though, and it allows you to support the manga legitimately.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I think it's only recent chaps, sorry.

Well worth reading in the future though, and it allows you to support the manga legitimately.

You get the full back catalogue of basically all Viz manga if you subscribe.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Silver2195 posted:

You get the full back catalogue of basically all Viz manga if you subscribe.

What is this?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

What is this?
Download the official Shonen Jump app!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

doomrider7 posted:

What is this?

please support the official release

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you live outside the US I think its on Manga Plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

just lol if you don't desperately spend your last fifteen bucks on the newest physical volumes of One Piece so that you have something to read when the heat runs cool and the food is scarce