Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

ShadowHawk posted:

Which of the two identically named ones that claim to be compatible with 1.0 do you use?

It looks like I'm using the newer one, uploaded by semTex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

That looks SO much better

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Clearing all the weapons from my map so I can remove Weapon Tech and replace with Vanilla Weapons Expanded was an effort, and although I appreciated the gold plated AK and Hello Kitty PDW, there were a few too many variations.

VWE has just the variation I like.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What's the best way to deal with a colonist that arrived with a built-in psychite addiction and chemical fascination? He doesn't give a poo poo about the drug restriction schedule I put him on and keeps inhaling whatever yayo, go-juice, wake-up etc. raiders drop.

If he's high, fine, but I'm not growing an entire psychite field to prevent his weekly tantrums

isndl
May 2, 2012

Tias posted:

What's the best way to deal with a colonist that arrived with a built-in psychite addiction and chemical fascination? He doesn't give a poo poo about the drug restriction schedule I put him on and keeps inhaling whatever yayo, go-juice, wake-up etc. raiders drop.

If he's high, fine, but I'm not growing an entire psychite field to prevent his weekly tantrums

If the problem is just the mental breaks due to withdrawal, your best bet might be to get him off the addiction. Easiest way to do that is to cripple him (remove legs, or spine) so that he can't have mental breaks, wait out the addiction, then replace the removed parts. Mostly costs you labor time as people have to feed him, and he's not productive all the while.

Alternatively, wall him into a personal research lab with a nutrient paste dispenser for food. Gets some degree of productivity out of him while he is weaned off the psychite, though there's the risk of a mental break for self-harm or berserk to break things that might need intervention.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

HelloSailorSign posted:

Clearing all the weapons from my map so I can remove Weapon Tech and replace with Vanilla Weapons Expanded was an effort, and although I appreciated the gold plated AK and Hello Kitty PDW, there were a few too many variations.

VWE has just the variation I like.

All of the vanilla expanded mods are just the perfect combination to appear like they should be a part of vanilla. Highly recommend 100% of them.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The set up camp mod is also pretty useful for fetching resources and setting up detox clinics off your main base.

Tias
May 25, 2008

E: ^^^ Word, I should do a combined labor/health camp somewhere.

How do I remove his legs or spine? It doesn't appear in the operation bill tab.

This addiction mechanic is actually pretty good. I deal with detoxing people in real life (sans the spine removal of course), and with those that are addicts, no amount of restrictions or drug changes help, they'll invade any drug storage zone they can find and drain that sucker dry. Those who aren't, will stop if they are convinced it's a problem.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Removing healthy body parts might be a modded thing adding extra operations. Should be possible to install a prosthetic (e.g. wooden peg leg) and immediately remove it though, unless that's also a modded thing. It's been a while. :v:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

It also makes you a really bad person. :colbert:

Psychology mod lets you treat Chemical Fascination (although you might need to reapply the treatment operation if you miss their top-ups) and you can also wall up the drugs. Pawns aren't smart enough to break down walls to get to the 900 units of space cocaine I've got stored.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yeah, Psychology lets you deal with junkie colonists without resorting to crimes against humanity. You can treat the traits that make them take drugs unprompted and then give them methadone to combat the mood penalty for withdrawal. And if they get addicted to the methadone, well, at least it's probably less of a hit than whatever you're weaning them off of?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah, Psychology lets you deal with junkie colonists without resorting to crimes against humanity. You can treat the traits that make them take drugs unprompted and then give them methadone to combat the mood penalty for withdrawal. And if they get addicted to the methadone, well, at least it's probably less of a hit than whatever you're weaning them off of?

This was the solution I tried to jury-rig by first making psychite tea to get out the yayo habit, then giving him beer or smokeweed to take the edge off, but his psychite withdrawals hit too often and hard.

I don't know if I can add the psychology mod without starting a new game, but since I can't cut his legs off either I might have to. Thanks for the help!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Tias posted:

This was the solution I tried to jury-rig by first making psychite tea to get out the yayo habit, then giving him beer or smokeweed to take the edge off, but his psychite withdrawals hit too often and hard.

I don't know if I can add the psychology mod without starting a new game, but since I can't cut his legs off either I might have to. Thanks for the help!

Anesthetize them. Possibly repeatedly. If they are unconscious they can't be getting into drugs.All it costs is herbal medicine too. And it gives medical xp.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I loving love this thread.

"Naaah don't take their legs that is hosed up, just keep them chemically restrained until convenient!"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
You're all missing the much more obvious solution: get him addicted to everything, then cut him off completely all at once. The withdrawal will hit him like a semi doing 120 in a school zone and will put him out of commission until at least one of the addictions completely clears, at which point the others will be mostly done, too and you can use one of the other solutions to carry him the rest of the way.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Why are you people treating the addiction and not indulging them? You're not building an idyllic society, you're building a militarized crack den. And space crack makes for good soldiers.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Up until the chemical damage makes them useless, anyway.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Anticheese posted:

It also makes you a really bad person. :colbert:

Hey now, it's for the greater good. And it's not like you can tell he went without legs for a while after you put them back! Can't even tell if they're his original legs or one of the ones I got from prisoners.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I just appreciate how the game doesn't track which leg a leg is so you can give a guy two left legs and it's nbd

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Keeshhound posted:

Up until the chemical damage makes them useless, anyway.

The constant hell war with the natives will probably get to them first anyways. I find that having disposable okay-at-melee soldiers is important.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Chemical damage utterly ruins a colonist and colonists aren't easily replaceable.

Tias
May 25, 2008

I'd prefer my folks sober, if it's all the same to you.

I installed Psychology and it works with my save, but I can't seem to work out how to give people therapy for their traits? I'd like to get him off being abrasive and chemically interested.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tias posted:

I'd prefer my folks sober, if it's all the same to you.

I installed Psychology and it works with my save, but I can't seem to work out how to give people therapy for their traits? I'd like to get him off being abrasive and chemically interested.

It's an operation that requires a colonist with some medicine skill and a bit of social skill.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's an operation that requires a colonist with some medicine skill and a bit of social skill.

I have those, but opening the operations bills reveals nothing? Only physiological procedures in there.

E: oh great, now half my population has come down with apathy, anxiety or PTSD

Tias fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 25, 2019

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Hah yeah the Psychology mod is like the hygiene mod, in that it gives you a bunch of tools to solve problems that it itself introduces.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tias posted:

Lol you gotta be more proactive about those mental breaks

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I think you can also 'cure' addiction by sending people on a caravan off to nowhere and letting them stew out there in the wilderness until it's over. It's like the Evil Dead remake, but with less demons (or equal number if you've got the right mods).

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Tias posted:

Apathy is realism. That crazy pyro will kill everyone soon so why bother doing anything?

Tias
May 25, 2008

To be fair, I'd be depressed too if I had to deal with steel insects, cleaning up tribesmen corpses and eat bad berries on a daily basis.

I still don't know how to treat the mental issues popping up in the psychology mod? If it's in the operations bill, I can't find it or haven't researched the correct tech.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Tias posted:

I still don't know how to treat the mental issues popping up in the psychology mod? If it's in the operations bill, I can't find it or haven't researched the correct tech.

Some of them, like anxiety, you need enough glitterworld meds in storage and a medic with enough skill for the treatment to show up.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I had a long running colony hit a bug that loving sucks. I had about 20-24 colonists. 7 mages who had high stats all around, a fat gently caress anime nerd who is the younger brother to one of the mages that a succubus married and uses as a statboost battery, another mages grandma who cleans and has shooting/melee in the low teens, and a platoon of skaven Id captured and bought to act as soldiers and guards. Running it in the Middle ages with the Maynard Medieval, I snagged a tech persona core that gave me heavy guns and all the tech under it. So platemail wearing ratlings with m1 garands guarding the wizards supporting pillboxes and hardened positions. My personal win condition was to fully cyborg up my paladin through quest rewards.

The bug I ran into was my colonist status bar just deciding to not load at all after game start. toggling it at the hud options at the bottom right corner did nothing, reloading did nothing. loading an old save worked the first time, but the 2nd time it hit, none of the saves were valid. anyone seen this? if so, how to fix/prevent this poo poo?

Tias
May 25, 2008

MadJackMcJack posted:

Some of them, like anxiety, you need enough glitterworld meds in storage and a medic with enough skill for the treatment to show up.

I tried spawning gw meds and a lvl 20 medic, but no psychology operations showed up on the bill :confused:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It's research locked I think.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want to say Brain Surgery? I might be thinking of EPOE

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tias posted:

I tried spawning gw meds and a lvl 20 medic, but no psychology operations showed up on the bill :confused:

Curing anxiety shouldn't but the other Psychology operations require some skill in Social as well.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The minimum for most Psychology treatments (pyromania, chemical fascinate, etc) is 3 Medicine 6 Social.

Anxiety has its own requirements including 3 glittertech med and 15 Medical skill.

Recipes_Psychology.xml has the defs if you want to look them over.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Oh word, thanks a lot! Spine and leg removal is off the table :ese:

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Finally got around to trying out that Hygiene mod and... Yeah, it's pretty fun. It definitely doesn't add anything like... Must have, but it adds a lot of depth and fun. As someone else said, it adds a lot of problems, but also ways to deal with them.

Liiiiike how I am going to have to deal with the sewage outflow I'm spilling out of the base, eventually!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Yeah, it always felt weird to me im vanilla not to have to deal with making GBS threads and bathing, two integral parts of the human experience and quality of life, when we are dealing with the equally-integral eating, loving, and sleeping.

Of course the mod like the base game doesn't really address drinking water and how clean or contaminated it is, which seems like it ought to be a pretty important factor in a minutia-oriented small-community survival and war crimes simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Questionable Ethics has a machine that can process the ah...Sludge into chemfuel, slowly and at a 75:10 ratio, but I appreciate having a renewable means of fuelling pods, emergency power generators, and the little explosive tanks you can build with the vanilla security expansion.