Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Catching up with the thread today. This:

is a perfect call-and-response example of liberals and their 'I don't have an ideology :smuggo: '. He literally acknowledges that the policy is good but dismisses the thinking, feeling and morality that led to it because the word for a mix of those things that lets you form policy is 'ideology' and that's bad.

'Unable to think outside its ideological blinkers' has to be code for 'Won't capitulate to the right on everything we ask like New Labour did.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Though Im not sure how electorally smart it is I do hope the leadership go all in on pro immigration as a contrast to the other parties.

it's one of the main things I liked about Corbyn in the leadership hustings. He was literally the only person saying anything positive about immigrants.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Diet Crack posted:

"The BBC has upheld a complaint that BBC Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty exhibited “bias” by inferring that Donald Trump was racist."

Of course they have, apparently facts are bias. Our flat also keep getting these stupid loving TV licence 'warning' letters about 'investigations' in my area (I know they amount to nothing and if they did knock, have no legal right to enter) - is there some sort of way to have a body or system fine them MASSIVELY for wasting so much paper and sending junk mail?

This, however, is not bias:

LauraK posted:

Downing Street at this stage seems to have no intention of doing anything other than toughing this out.

And Number 10 may choose to promote the plot of a prime minister, battling against the mighty establishment to keep his Brexit promise believing that will appeal to many leave voters, and can tune in to the frustration many members of the public feel at political failure.

The leader of the House Jacob Rees-Mogg's team are not denying what sources told me on Tuesday night, that he described the move to colleagues as a "constitutional coup".

Another cabinet minister told the BBC: "It's interesting for justices to be giving political direction".

Indeed, it is blatant - another senior Conservative told me after the judgement: "This is now literally the people versus the establishment."

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

This owns

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do like how there's a pre-presidency Trump tweet for everything.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/474134260149157888?s=21

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Just kill me now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Too loving right :getin:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jose posted:

the lib dems are trying to bring the extension request date forward

Of course they are. Because the blame for us not leaving the EU with a deal cannot possibly be allowed to rest on their party leader, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

FiftySeven posted:

Not happening this week because they need 3 days to submit questions and whatnot.

Pfft weak

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tesseraction posted:

Fair, but in this case I am 99% certain she has used the generic before, and the pharmacist did eventually relent the next day.

Just to clarify what happened here was the prescription for the brand because of it was a pharmacy is not legally allowed to switch to a generic because we have to give the item on the form otherwise we won't get reimbursed.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Though Im not sure how electorally smart it is I do hope the leadership go all in on pro immigration as a contrast to the other parties.

it's one of the main things I liked about Corbyn in the leadership hustings. He was literally the only person saying anything positive about immigrants.
I think electorally it may well be smart. People who are heavily anti-immigration are very likely to vote Tory or Brexit whatever Labour does so the amount of votes lost on this won't be that significant. On the other side of the coin this plays massively to the classic Labour base and may energise more people to come out and vote, especially young people.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Flayer posted:

I think electorally it may well be smart. People who are heavily anti-immigration are very likely to vote Tory or Brexit whatever Labour does so the amount of votes lost on this won't be that significant. On the other side of the coin this plays massively to the classic Labour base and may energise more people to come out and vote, especially young people.

Also may work to outflank the decreasingly liberal Lib Dems.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Darth Walrus posted:

I think the main thing is that Arcuri may be a very smart, accomplished woman, but the odds on that being why Boris Johnson in particular approached her are basically zero. It implies a respect for women's value and intelligence that he has never shown the slightest evidence of possessing.
Also that it's a bit worrying that she's gone from "I had an affair" to "no affair, only tech lessons" given how Johnson is known to deal with people saying things to the press that he doesn't like.

Darth Walrus posted:

Decreasingly liberal and democratic.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Have they ever been either liberal or democratic?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Aidan_702 posted:

Just kill me now

It was an awesome brooch though. Obviously all the 'hidden message' stuff is bollocks, but it was an objectively cool brooch. She has quite the collection apparently.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

D. Ebdrup posted:

Have they ever been either liberal or democratic?

Under Charles Kennedy, at least.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Flayer posted:

All the studies showed that new labour moving right on immigration just made the country more racist but not affecting their polling/votes. People who hate immigration aren't going to trust a party chasing that vote when there is an already racist party

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Red Oktober posted:

It was an awesome brooch though. Obviously all the 'hidden message' stuff is bollocks, but it was an objectively cool brooch. She has quite the collection apparently.

That she has a collection of brooches was number one on the BBC's list of five things you must know about Lady Hale. I don;t know what 2-4 were. Utter trash journalism.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Flayer posted:

Yeah I can definitely see an angle where it pays off. Since it's a gamble either way I'd prefer to be gambling on the side of yknow justice and truth and all that instead of gambling on triangulation

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

sweet im gonna be a lazy freeloader immigratn once corb takes over

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Darth Walrus posted:

They were liberal under Clegg too. "Same sex marriage, no authoritarian police state, but also austerity and folding on half of the first bit under pressure" is peak liberal.

Jose posted:

All the studies showed that new labour moving right on immigration just made the country more racist but not affecting their polling/votes. People who hate immigration aren't going to trust a party chasing that vote when there is an already racist party
Brown should have called that old woman a bigot twice.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Darth Walrus posted:

The was largely due to the increasingly authoritarian swing of New Labour. Though it was also the height of the social democratic wing of the party before the Orange Bookers took over

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Labour messed up when they didn’t throw Enoch Powell in prison.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I dunno, you guys, the libdems seem more Liberal than ever before

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Attorney General is absolutely snarling and raging right now. Calling parliament cowardly, calling it a disgrace, a 'dead parliament' that has no right to sit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"This Parliament is a disgrace", Geoffrey Cox is getting very shouty and mad because the Opposition won't call a vote of no confidence in the government he serves in. It's a bit surreal.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

Labour messed up when they didn’t throw Enoch Powell in prison.

I just noticed your custom text and I am very happy

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Sweet jesus Geoffrey's weetabix must have kicked in

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

HopperUK posted:

The Attorney General is absolutely snarling and raging right now. Calling parliament cowardly, calling it a disgrace, a 'dead parliament' that has no right to sit.

Who is the AG atm? Or in general really.
The governments lawyer? He must be doing a bang up job haha

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I dunno, you guys, the libdems seem more Liberal than ever before

Looks at 19th century - I mean, eh.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I never thought I'd see a government begging to be put out of its misery like this but it's pretty funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Who is the AG atm? Or in general really.
The governments lawyer? He must be doing a bang up job haha

Yes. Geoffrey Cox. He sits in cabinet and advises the government legally. Like when a previous Labour AG declared the Iraq War legal. Howls of derision.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

HopperUK posted:

I never thought I'd see a government begging to be put out of its misery like this but it's pretty funny.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. Geoffrey Cox. He sits in cabinet and advises the government legally. Like when a previous Labour AG declared the Iraq War legal. Howls of derision.

Wasn't he found to be in contempt of parliament.

Bang up commendation for a government lawyer, that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rumda posted:

Just to clarify what happened here was the prescription for the brand because of it was a pharmacy is not legally allowed to switch to a generic because we have to give the item on the form otherwise we won't get reimbursed.

I'll ask. Thanks to you and Hopper for responses.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I like that Barry Sheehan character. Very very mad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Assumed this was a Photoshop until I googled it. So that's where that comes from :stare:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

"This parliament should have the courage to face the electorate. But it won’t because so many of them are about preventing us leaving the European Union. But the time is coming when even these turkeys won’t be able to prevent Christmas."

Does he know what turkeys are, and that Christmas is bad for them?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

tag urself I'm Boney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

HopperUK posted:

"Punch me in the tits. Destroy me." - The Government