Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

ought ten posted:

Lol that’s a USB mic a lot of people use and you definitely don’t talk into the end like that.

Those mics can sound good, but nobody bothers to set the little mode knob correctly, place them properly, or give any thought to room noise. They just think "I spent $100 on this big thing, I'm gonna sound like Roman Mars"

This is not what I expected to get set off about this morning

edit: wasn't expecting tax either, but here we go

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Oh boy, we're already at the puppetmaster defense stage?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Tatsuta Age posted:

popehat's retweeting some guy melting down hard about how hosed up it is that... somebody got caught doing racist tweets in the past

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1176848192740065280

dunno why

My guess is he's melting down because people take some media folks digging through his history and a corporation doing PR as "cancel culture" or whatever.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Things are really going to suck in November because he is going to shut down the government over this and I will have my savings wiped out AGAIN by his craven bullshit. I barely survived the last shutdown and I shouldn't have to loving save money for when the government decides to not loving pay me.

Prophecy0
Jun 27, 2004

So this article appeared on CNN this morning:
Trump incredulous after his moves on transparency failed to stop Pelosi

Apparently Trump was truly shocked that Pelosi proceeded toward impeachment after he agreed to release a transcript of the phone call. I expect to see a ton of ever more desperate flailing over the next few days.

quote:

It was after that call that Trump made the decision to release an "unredacted" version of the transcript of his July call -- against the advice of aides such as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who warned him it would set a risky precedent. Trump wanted to undercut the argument from Democrats that he acted inappropriately, he said, and felt he had nothing to hide.

But when the announcement he would release the transcript did little to quell the growing calls for his impeachment, Trump was in disbelief.

After Pelosi's historic announcement, Trump immediately began lashing out, accusing Democrats of distracting from his successes at the United Nations General Assembly and arguing it was just "more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage."
But people close to him said he is not welcoming this impeachment fight. The President who keeps a careful watch on his approval numbers was unhappy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not all that surprising since the reporting had been trump's people thought they were cool with ignoring subpoenas since pelosi wasn't doing anything.

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1176854015054876673

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 25, 2019

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:shepface:

https://twitter.com/MZanona/status/1176849511026692100

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Takes balls to release something like this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the most obnoxious part is "democrat". and i know projection is old hat but lmao at trying to mock the other side for sham hearings.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Copyright infringement is :waycool:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

This right here is why Trump is only part of the problem. The entire GOP needs to be shunned from public life.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This talking point of ‘Dems refuse to accept 2016 results’ is pretty loving weak considering no one on the Dem side has even brought that up

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

This talking point of ‘Dems refuse to accept 2016 results’ is pretty loving weak considering no one on the Dem side has even brought that up

It's projection. They would be, so why wouldn't the Democrats be as well?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FlamingLiberal posted:

What else have they got?

Besides Trump is still obsessed with 2016 so it makes sense he would accuse democrats of the same.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wasn't that one of the main points of "Russia interfering with our elections" though?

Granted, that's not really the talking point now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Democratic party has been a bunch of sore losers, unlike the dignified way the Republicans acted after 2008 and 2012.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Prez's You Tube channel has a press conference scheduled for 4 today. Start making the popcorn!

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
If the Democrat wins 2020, Fox will spend the next four years HOWLING about election interference because Merkel says "Germany would prefer Warren to Trump" in a single interview.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1176857636853231618

Barr and Mcconell should both be shot into the sun and never allowed to participate in a democracy ever again.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

What are the odds Pence is swept up in all of this? I have a hard time believing that he didn't know about the call.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Farchanter posted:

If the Democrat wins 2020, Fox will spend the next four years HOWLING about election interference because Merkel says "Germany would prefer Warren to Trump" in a single interview.

Merkel will not say something like this, but it will not matter, Fox will act as if she did anyway

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

What are the odds Pence is swept up in all of this? I have a hard time believing that he didn't know about the call.

why would Pence know anything?

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Strange Poon posted:

My guess is he's melting down because people take some media folks digging through his history and a corporation doing PR as "cancel culture" or whatever.

It's the whole, "he can't be a monster because he did a good thing once" good ol' boys mentality that middle America loves so much.

quote:

"Eight years ago, when I was a sophomore in high school, I made some social media posts with my friends that quoted and referenced the show ‘Tosh.0,’ King said. “One of those posts was brought to my attention by a member of the media today.”
The content of the offensive posts have not been released, but the Des Moines Register reports that the posts compared black mothers to gorillas and make light of black people killed in the holocaust.

Edgelord "16 year old on Twitter" poo poo bites again.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ummel posted:

It's the whole, "he can't be a monster because he did a good thing once" good ol' boys mentality that middle America loves so much.

Huh.

I'd never actually thought about black people during the Holocaust. I mean, it makes perfect sense that the Nazis would have killed them, but they're never mentioned - just Jews, Roma, gay people and the disabled.

What a terrible, terrible way to have my worldview expanded.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wait what? Even the transcript?!

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1176859118155501576?s=20

Someone post the article I got rid of my wapo after they let Tiny Face write an oped.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like I was not an edgelord when I was 16. I did not have Twitter but I did have AOL chatrooms.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ummel posted:

less "he did a good thing once" and more "he did this 7 years ago when he was still a child"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ummel posted:

Daniel Tosh was a douchbro plague

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump is loving insane

quote:

The call begins with Trump congratulating Zelensky on his election victory, but quickly devolves into the president pressing for an investigation of his political rivals and endorsing an apparent conspiracy theory. He seems to suggest Hillary Clinton’s private email server is in Ukraine and asserts that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation started with that country.

quote:

At the outset of the call, Trump also asks for Ukraine’s help in finding the location of the Democratic National Committee server that U.S. officials say was hacked by Russian intelligence in the run-up to the 2016 election.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

FizFashizzle posted:

Someone post the article I got rid of my wapo after they let Tiny Face write an oped.

quote:

The call begins with Trump congratulating Zelensky on his election victory, but quickly devolves into the president pressing for an investigation of his political rivals and endorsing an apparent conspiracy theory. He seems to suggest Hillary Clinton’s private email server is in Ukraine and asserts that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation started with that country.
President insane, so what?

edit: Seriously, holy poo poo, the president is completely out of he gotdamn mind

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Dunno which possibility is funnier: that they were lazy enough to leave the trademark symbol in, or that mad libs is an exhausted enough cultural relic that whoever has the IP is ready to shovel things like this out as an official product.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

The released transcript directly.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

theflyingorc posted:

President insane, so what?

Insane maybe, but I bet a large population of the country believes this, so will have no effect.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ummel posted:

apparently the chaser is that the reporter who dug up the social media tweets is now under investigation by his newspaper for having a worse poo poo on his twitter feed

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump is loving insane

Is this literally Don Jr. releasing incriminating emails again?

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

FizFashizzle posted:

Holy loving poo poo

quote:

At the outset of the call, Trump also asks for Ukraine’s help in finding the location of the Democratic National Committee server that U.S. officials say was hacked by Russian intelligence in the run-up to the 2016 election.

“The server, they say Ukraine has it,” Trump says according to the transcript. “I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it.”

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

ewiley posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Yeah this honestly seems like bigger news than the Biden bit.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

less "he did a good thing once" and more "he did this 7 years ago when he was still a child"

Of course they are gnashing and wailing at Greta at the same time

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

LorneReams posted:

Insane maybe, but I bet a large population of the country believes this, so will have no effect.

No, "the server is in Ukraine" is not a wildly held belief, what is wrong with you

And I don't even understand what he thinks is happening with the DNC server - there's no impropriety even rumored about that. It was hacked, and a hacker has all the e-mails.

This is like hearing about a bank robbery, and then trying to solve the case by asking where the bank vault is, and thinking it means the bank committed a crime. The President Is Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

"See, there was no quid pro quo in my request to attack a political rival!"

It's insane he thought this would exonerate him.