Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lmfao why do they just release this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahahah pulling a barr with the mueller report and hoping nobody actually sees it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Ukraine depends on us for National Security interests, they literally can't afford to upset us, there is implied Quid Pro Quo NO MATTER WHAT

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

you can literally ctrl-f to find Biden's name on page 4

Oh I thought it was 2 pages duh

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

friendbot2000 posted:

What are the odds Pence is swept up in all of this? I have a hard time believing that he didn't know about the call.

I suspect there is an active movement by the GOP to keep Pence clean in case of impeachment or if they need to run him in 2020 as an emergency.

Also I posted a bunch of wrong poo poo earlier and now I can’t find the former intelligence guy on Twitter who wrote about the recording process. He was verified and claimed to be the guy who greeted the heads of state prior to connecting the call to the President, and he seemed to insinuate that there would be tapes, actual transcripts, and that it ultimately goes into the presidential records.

Now another former White House guy is saying literally the opposite for those three things, so I don’t know who is right.

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 25, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This was just 1 phone call of 8.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So what Doug is saying here is that the administration engaged in crime purely on reflex

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

cr0y posted:

Lmfao why do they just release this poo poo
Because Trump didn't offer anything in exchange, they think they can argue that he didn't do anything wrong.

This is not correct, but it's what they think.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Trump himself could say word for word "I offered a quid pro quo with Ukraine to investigate Biden in exchange for foreign aid" and his loving flunkies would say this. absolute scum (is the GOP).

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

theflyingorc posted:

Because Trump didn't offer anything in exchange, they think they can argue that he didn't do anything wrong.

This is not correct, but it's what they think.

It's literally the "He didn't give them a bag with a giant $ on the side of it while declaring that it was a bribe for them to do something and then they didn't accept it and state directly that they were going to accept the bribe, and to be clear they really mean it's a bribe, to do what Trump asked them to do." defense.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump is loving insane

Trump said "our country has been through a lot" to the president of country at war, which has parts of it occupied by a neighboring superpower, and millions of people forced out of their homes...

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I just noticed the call was apparently 30 minutes and somehow only 5 pages. Zelensky speaks English so it's not like it was a lot of translation.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

It’s a good thing Pelosi said quid pro quo wasn’t necessary. But they’ll just ignore that.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Also on CNN Radio this morning - the whip count for impeachment is now 211. 218 is enough to impeach.

Taerkar posted:

It's literally the "He didn't give them a bag with a giant $ on the side of it while declaring that it was a bribe for them to do something and then they didn't accept it and state directly that they were going to accept the bribe, and to be clear they really mean it's a bribe, to do what Trump asked them to do." defense.
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, knows about "It sure would be a shame if something bad happened to you...", and Republicans want to pretend that we don't all know.

Edmund Lava posted:

It’s a good thing Pelosi said quid pro quo wasn’t necessary. But they’ll just ignore that.
Honestly one of her best moves during this. She preempted a lot of bullshit

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Also on CNN Radio this morning - the whip count for impeachment is now 211. 218 is enough to impeach.

They'll have every democrat after this.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I don’t think this is that bad for Trump. He doesn’t make any reference to the funds that were frozen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Plus, uh, quid pro quo is explicitly in there if you're literate

https://twitter.com/jdickerson/status/1176863123313217536?s=19

https://twitter.com/jdickerson/status/1176864542229446659?s=19

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Main headline on CNN.com right now:
"Transcript shows Trump pushed Ukraine to investigate Biden"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

President loves forging documents

https://twitter.com/vecchitto/status/1176865166367084545?s=20

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Ogmius815 posted:

I don’t think this is that bad for Trump. He doesn’t make any reference to the funds that were frozen.

This is 1 of 8 calls, and he doesnt have to mention the funds. I'm sure Ukraine noticed their absense. This is bad for Trump.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Ogmius815 posted:

"...the United States has been very ·very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine."

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
211 before we see the transcript.

If the transcript turns out to be redacted or abbreviated in any way, I bet this blows up in Trump’s face. I hope at least, that they are underestimating how tired everyone is of the obstruction. He should be impeached based purely on that.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
And that was the BEST of the phone calls.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1176866348338688002?s=20

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Ogmius815 posted:

The transcript is a ham handed red herring, the whistleblower complaint is the actual meat.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What's the opposite of a nothingburger? An everythingburger? This transcript is insane and I can't believe Trump thought that this would vindicate him. He is absolutely gone.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

theflyingorc posted:

President insane, so what?

edit: Seriously, holy poo poo, the president is completely out of he gotdamn mind

Is it him being sundowning and/or is he saying they need to "find" the server he's looking for.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Ogmius815 posted:

Nobody has ever implied anything in the history of words, apparently

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Most PDF readers/writers will auto-OCR text, this is Qannon level BS. Ignore it.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Slowpoke! posted:

211 before we see the transcript.

If the transcript turns out to be redacted or abbreviated in any way, I bet this blows up in Trump’s face. I hope at least, that they are underestimating how tired everyone is of the obstruction. He should be impeached based purely on that.

my understanding is that we're not going to see a transcript - we just have to take trump's word that he published an accurate paraphrase of it, which is insane, of course

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I didn't realize Hideo Kojima was now in charge of Trump's twitter account
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/376424398023962624

"United States been berry berry good to Ukraine" - Donald John Trump.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1176867201283973120

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

That may be automatic OCR, honestly. It would explain all the errors in it. I don't think that's a smoking gun.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Can Barr please get rolled up in this since it's obvious Trump is telling them that Barr is looking to cooperate?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Strange Poon posted:

Is it him being sundowning and/or is he saying they need to "find" the server he's looking for.

it's both

Trump thinks there is a physical DNC server that was the source of HER EMAILS that has somehow ended up in Ukraine

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Guess they weren't satisfied with their nixon speedrun and decided to uh, use cheat codes?

What the gently caress?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Strange Poon posted:

Can Barr please get rolled up in this since it's obvious Trump is telling them that Barr is looking to cooperate?

The fact that William "I covered up Iran-Contra" Barr has escaped any sort of scrutiny for this long is frustrating but I will laugh if this is what undoes him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ewiley posted:

The transcript is a ham handed red herring, the whistleblower complaint is the actual meat.

Even if its a red herring, its a very damning one. He tried to get Ukraine to work with both his personal lawyer AND the DOJ to dig up dirt on political rivals while withholding financial support.

Its not a good look.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1176868407272235013?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't believe it's all finally happening, all at once.

What a good week this has been. What a good week this is going to be.

Infrastructure Week :v: