Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I seriously expected a normal-ish phone call where he makes a casual reference to the Biden thing, not an actual request.

Not him doing exactly what he was accused of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/EliNSavit/status/1176864188637097984

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

OddObserver posted:

As you referring to US attorneys may be acting as Trump's personal attorneys in state court and opposing a county DA?

Precisely that. Apparently no govt entity is allowed to bring charges to the POTUS.

*edit bring charges and/or investigate

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 25, 2019

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Booourns posted:

Who cares what some random shithead is saying on twitter

I thought it was funny, I thought funny things related to politics might be fun for people :shrug:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I choose to interpret Lindsay's tweet as: "After all of the crimes we've committed that you've ignored, you're choosing this one?"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

Can people learn to screenshot tweets please?
A person claimed the document was made on a computer, not scanned in because you can highlight the text.

Everyone probably told that guy about OCR, where your PDF software automatically finds text, even on scanned documents.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Re: quid pro quo spin, don't forget that the whistleblower complaint centered on an explicit "promise" that was made in one or several of these calls.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ewiley posted:

I think this is the most damning part

Like let me have my personal lawyer call you and work with you, rather than my actual national security or DoS folks.
e: better

Seriously, imagine being a newly elected leader of a country and having to listen to this motherfucker ramble on and on, and slowly realize that this demented jackass still has it together enough to try to extort your whole county

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Wouldn't they have a legit privilege claim this time, seeing as Rudy is Trump's personal counsel?

Not in the least considering Rudy is doing crimes rather than providing legal advice and he’s talking about the crimes on the television

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

this shows once again that trump doesnt understand how the EU works.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

Seriously, imagine being a newly elected leader of a country and having to listen to this motherfucker ramble on and on, and slowly realize that this demented jackass still has it together enough to try to extort your whole county

As a bonus imagine getting rid of a prosecutor from a preceding administration that is nationally known as a deranged alcoholic and then have US President calling him an extremely good and reliable guy, just call Rudy bada bing bada boom.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

ManBoyChef posted:

this shows once again that trump doesnt understand

Fixed

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lordy imagine if Trump was. competent.

I am seriously waiting to hear they they released the "wrong" transcript ie the one that wasnt doctored.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

I seriously expected a normal-ish phone call where he makes a casual reference to the Biden thing, not an actual request.

Not him doing exactly what he was accused of

Same. It's loving incredible. Also lmao.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
WaPo's headline says "Rough transcript shows Trump offered U.S. help with Biden inquiry"

I like "Rough Transcript" as a descriptor, and everything else is true. A Good Headline.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

theflyingorc posted:

WaPo's headline says "Rough transcript shows Trump offered U.S. help with Biden inquiry"

I like "Rough Transcript" as a descriptor, and everything else is true. A Good Headline.

Yeah it's a shame that the general public wouldn't really know what a "readout" is, but given that, this is a pretty ok headline from a terrible paper

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

In case anyone was wondering, the current FoxNews.com page headline is "Ukraine call shows Trump pressed for Biden probe, asked about DNC server but no talk of military aid"

That supersonic boom you heard was goalposts breaking the sound barrier

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Maybe after this scandal everyone can finally stop saying "The Ukraine."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

cr0y posted:

Lordy imagine if Trump was. competent.

I am seriously waiting to hear they they released the "wrong" transcript ie the one that wasnt doctored.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Same. It's loving incredible. Also lmao.

It's impressive how far you can fall from "stupidest prick we've ever seen" to whatever the hell THIS is.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

an AOL chatroom posted:

In case anyone was wondering, the current FoxNews.com page headline is "Ukraine call shows Trump pressed for Biden probe, asked about DNC server but no talk of military aid"

That supersonic boom you heard was goalposts breaking the sound barrier

They're really, really digging themselves a hole if we managed to get the text of another call where he DOES offer a swap.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

theflyingorc posted:

No, "the server is in Ukraine" is not a wildly held belief, what is wrong with you

And I don't even understand what he thinks is happening with the DNC server - there's no impropriety even rumored about that. It was hacked, and a hacker has all the e-mails.

This is like hearing about a bank robbery, and then trying to solve the case by asking where the bank vault is, and thinking it means the bank committed a crime. The President Is Insane.

Trump nuts, so what?

:shepface:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/884798748152483840

This feels like it doesn't get enough uses.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Doesn't he have a scheduled meeting with Zelensky TODAY?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Glumslinger posted:

probably.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Glumslinger posted:

Yes. At 2:15 eastern.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RebeccaBuck/status/1176867885458890752

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1176872378737025025

Hmmmmmmm.....

Edit:

Dear God please let this take down Barr too. I will join a loving monastery if it happens

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

and they chickened out on holding him in contempt.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
FYI it reads like Trump sort of threatened the former ambassador to Ukraine. She was removed back in May but obviously a million things happen a day, so.

Zelensky says “She would not accept me as a new president well enough” and Trump says “Well, she’s going to go through some things.”

Did Trump get a diplomat canned because she didn’t want to commit crimes? The fact that they speak about her at length would make me want to subpoena her testimony.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yes, yes, 100% yes. 38 percent of the country reads this and thinks "he's doing that I want him to do. Go get Clinton!" Because they have loving mush brains and have had them...for probably their whole lives.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

FizFashizzle posted:

This was just 1 phone call of 8.

thats exactly what i was saying. chances are this is the least incriminating

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1176871915207700481

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Oh my God. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm hosed."

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Yes, drag all of them down with you. Do it.

Slowpoke! posted:

FYI it reads like Trump sort of threatened the former ambassador to Ukraine. She was removed back in May but obviously a million things happen a day, so.

Zelensky says “She would not accept me as a new president well enough” and Trump says “Well, she’s going to go through some things.”

Did Trump get a diplomat canned because she didn’t want to commit crimes? The fact that they speak about her at length would make me want to subpoena her testimony.

Thats my read on it too.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump brings them in for talking points but gets distracted by the Ivanka picture from yesterday, confusing everyone there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Will no one rid me of the turbulent ambassador

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1176876760752885761?s=20

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
This is all just... loving bonkers.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

He was right about this surprising people.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

scopes posted:

This is all just... loving bonkers.

actually you'll find this exonerates him a whole lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ha, here we see Trump trying to wiggle his way out of this one!

*We say as Trump wiggles out of this one