Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

If it's like the beta the stamina system kicks in after a few cups
It's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mario Kart Tour is not real multiplayer, right? You're just racing against other racers saved ghosts?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Mario Kart Tour is not real multiplayer, right? You're just racing against other racers saved ghosts?

multiplayer is coming later

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I don't remember how it was on Xbox, but you can only have 5 saves in Jedi Outcast on Switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

OhFunny posted:

I don't remember how it was on Xbox, but you can only have 5 saves in Jedi Outcast on Switch.

Per user I assume

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

OhFunny posted:

It’s a real pain in the dick, because I can’t seem to figure out how to overwrite the saves. I just have to delete saves every 30 minutes.

Also gently caress me for not knowing the light grey square next the the slightly darker grey square is an elevator.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

“No more Jedis! Not in the faces!!”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I am the horrible goose that lives in the town

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rabelais D posted:

...you can use the fishing harpoon to spear them

... the what now?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Beastie posted:

Also gently caress me for not knowing the light grey square next the the slightly darker grey square is an elevator.

This is the big problem with Jedi Outcast IMO. Everyone remembers the dope force powers and lightsaber poo poo but there's way, way too much running through identical grey corridors looking for keycards before you get to the good part.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Not a major fan of the writing but I really enjoyed the line "I honk at you, I honk directly up to God, and I will never leave!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I invented my body and it is the best idea!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They listened to my survey yay! Will download then

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I started Link's Awakening in Hero Mode and am regretting it. There just aren't enough ways to get hearts back, most of the time I die like 3-4 times every dungeon just from taking stupid incidental damage as I go.

As far as I can tell, there's no potion seller? And I've only found one fairy fountain that you can grab fairies from (and only one bottle).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I started Link's Awakening in Hero Mode and am regretting it. There just aren't enough ways to get hearts back, most of the time I die like 3-4 times every dungeon just from taking stupid incidental damage as I go.

As far as I can tell, there's no potion seller? And I've only found one fairy fountain that you can grab fairies from (and only one bottle).

Crazy Tracy sells her medicine that restores you to full once on death, same as in the original.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Crazy Tracy sells her medicine that restores you to full once on death, same as in the original.

I didn't play the original :)

I didn't remember Crazy Tracy so I just looked it up, I somehow haven't interacted with her despite running past that spot a million times. Thanks for letting me know!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

I didn't play the original :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It makes me happy that in the years since Wind Waker, public perception on how Link should look has gone from

"As gritty as possible, I want him to say gently caress"

to

"He should literally be one step removed from a cartoon. I want to pinch his cheeks"

The little shuffle Link does before using the Pegasus boots is just so friggin cute!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Is there a way to transfer my Breath of the Wild save file from my old Wii U to my Switch version?

Picked up a copy of the game for my switch and play it on the bus ride to work. Kind of a pain having to go through about half the game again since I dont really have time to play outside my weekly commutes. I bought a Digital copy of the game for the Wii U if that helps things, but I read somewhere that both the Wii U and Switch use the same kind of data card for portable memory, thought maybe I could transfer my progress from one system to another that way.

Would rather not waste money if it isnt gonna work, has anyone tried doing this before?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I'm thinking of grabbing a switch lite for the stupidest reason possible tell me if it's a good idea or not. My OG switch (launch day model) has "loose" joycons in hand held mode meaning it doesn't feel like a solid unit. I want something more like a PSP and it looks like the switch lite is a giant PSP. How much of a pain in the rear end is it to use the lite around the house but also play occasionally on my docked OG switch?

I'm used to how seamless the Xbox is in this regards so I'm sure there will be some adjustment needed.

Money isn't an issue, but I don't want to get one if it's going to be a pain and or there is a good chance of another switch model eventually coming out.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

BrownieVK posted:

I'm thinking of grabbing a switch lite for the stupidest reason possible tell me if it's a good idea or not. My OG switch (launch day model) has "loose" joycons in hand held mode meaning it doesn't feel like a solid unit. I want something more like a PSP and it looks like the switch lite is a giant PSP. How much of a pain in the rear end is it to use the lite around the house but also play occasionally on my docked OG switch?

I'm used to how seamless the Xbox is in this regards so I'm sure there will be some adjustment needed.

Money isn't an issue, but I don't want to get one if it's going to be a pain and or there is a good chance of another switch model eventually coming out.

"If you’re considering buying a Switch Lite as a secondary portable to go with your original Switch, note that there are some restrictions when it comes to sharing your digital library across systems. Whichever Switch is dubbed the “secondary” system will have to check in with Nintendo’s servers via Wi-Fi every time it starts a game, which could cause problems while traveling. And only one system can access the same digital library at a time, meaning one system will have its gameplay halted as soon as the other starts playing any downloaded game."

https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2019/9/19/20871142/nintendo-switch-lite-data-transfer-cloud-saves

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Parrotine posted:

Is there a way to transfer my Breath of the Wild save file from my old Wii U to my Switch version?

There is no way of transferring files between a Wii U and a Switch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Beastie posted:

It’s a real pain in the dick, because I can’t seem to figure out how to overwrite the saves. I just have to delete saves every 30 minutes.

It’s unlimited on PS4, but I noticed you can’t overwrite saves, it will always create a new one. That sounds like a pain in the rear end for Switch users, hope it gets patched so you can overwrite stuff.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Is it worth it to try to downgrade to a Switch lite if I only play hand held? I may also sell off my copy of FF12. It's not really super clicking with me.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Aerofallosov posted:

Is it worth it to try to downgrade to a Switch lite if I only play hand held? I may also sell off my copy of FF12. It's not really super clicking with me.

Only real concern there is the ever-present joystick drift that doesn't seem have to have been fixed in the lite. I'm not really sure what your options are in that case other than sending it to Nintendo and hoping for the best.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Aerofallosov posted:

How do you feel about stick drift

Besides which, what's the benefit of downgrading to a lite? You have the console already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aerofallosov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAKunJoi2o

Have a look at this if you're not sure.

Looks like a great buy!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Isn't the screen a little smaller on the Lite too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

man nurse posted:

Besides which, what's the benefit of downgrading to a lite? You have the console already.

Better form factor, better battery life (though you can also get this by upgrading to the new model of standard switch).

Also I've heard good things about the buttons and dpad of the lite compared to the normal switch.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
True. I'm just trying to downsize expenses, and sell things. I won my switch in a drawing, so it's kinda hard to give up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aerofallosov posted:

True. I'm just trying to downsize expenses, and sell things. I won my switch in a drawing, so it's kinda hard to give up.

Keep it then. You're really not going to get much of a difference from replacing it with a Switch Lite as it's not really that much smaller. In a situation like yours it's surely better to keep the model that has more versatility than one that's fundamentally limited.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aerofallosov posted:

So, it would technically be cheaper to keep the one that was free to you, than to buy a new switch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So is Jedi Outcast worth ten bucks or nah?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tbh the Switch Lite is really appealing and I love the way it looks BUT I do actually go back and forth between TV and portable quite a bit

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Aerofallosov posted:

the lite is $200 and I doubt you'd get much more for that for an OG Switch when the newer version with a better battery is available now, probably not worth the effort

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

So is Jedi Outcast worth ten bucks or nah?

Sure

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Lite is so weird.
If I'm wearing a jacket (which is 9 months out of the year here), I can easily detach the JoyCons, put them in one pocket and the console in another.

I can't do that with a Lite, this making it worse for travel.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If I didn't already have a switch I would definitely get a lite over the normal one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

If I'm wearing a jacket (which is 9 months out of the year here), I can easily detach the JoyCons, put them in one pocket and the console in another.

what in the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Only real concern there is the ever-present joystick drift that doesn't seem have to have been fixed in the lite. I'm not really sure what your options are in that case other than sending it to Nintendo and hoping for the best.

It's looking like that one case of joystick drift in the Lite is a case of being a genuine defective unit. Still doesn't rule out if Lites will experience drift in the long run though.