Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Best way to judge it

If Obama did this, how would you react Lindsey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hobbez posted:

Idk seems like the manuscript makes things look pretty ok for Trump. No direct demand for exchange of aid for an investigation.

Not great. Unlikely criminal.

You guys dying for a Trump comeuppance will likely be disappointed... again

The manuscript makes Trump look like a demented grifter illegally exploiting his power.

Not great, also likely criminal.

You guys dying for Trump to be normal and good are going to be super disappointed... and embarrassed.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

hobbez posted:

The echo chamber in here is incredible. Just a little diversity of opinion. I can be convinced I’m incorrect

Says some untrue bullshit gets called out by more then 1 person, must be because it's an echo chamber!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

hobbez posted:

Such anger and animosity.

Hmmm yes you are the smart one, very calm and collected :smug:

Hey did you wonder for a moment why the DNI and AG are committing crimes to keep the complaint from going to congress?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
My apologies, I confused "there never was an investigation" with "the prosecutor dropped it"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Stereotype posted:

The manuscript makes Trump look like a demented grifter illegally exploiting his power.

Not great, also likely criminal.

You guys dying for Trump to be normal and good are going to be super disappointed... and embarrassed.

yeah this is both (a) obviously criminal and (b) much more personally demented than i imagined with the whole DNC server thing because there's no way to spin that except as the ramblings of a failing brain

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

hobbez posted:

And, I mean, I don’t want to go “but BIDEN”, but wasn’t his involvement in the firing of the prosecutor a little sketchy? Didn’t it directly benefit Hunter?

Realistically it was the opposite because the prosecutor *wasn't* investigating them and the US had spent a year trying to make him do it.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

hobbez posted:

The echo chamber in here is incredible. Just a little diversity of opinion. I can be convinced I’m incorrect

I doubt it given you've already resorted to "wow what emotion" and whataboutism instead of like, reading the transcripts and all of the analyses saying "hmm this is actually quite bad"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

My apologies, I confused "there never was an investigation" with "the prosecutor dropped it"

there was never any investigation into Hunter nor any allegation of wrongdoing; there was an investigation into (iirc) the oligarch who controlled the company Hunter sat on the board of. you are correct.

it's just that you're correct on one of the more complex details that someone with motivated reasoning will quibble with; i have yet to see motivated reasoning that can wrap its head around the investigation being dropped a year beforehand so i prefer to stick with that one

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

alpha_destroy posted:

I thought it was funny, I thought funny things related to politics might be fun for people :shrug:

i was amused.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow, So if this is what they were willing to release what are they hiding?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

No Safe Word posted:

I doubt it given you've already resorted to "wow what emotion" and whataboutism instead of like, reading the transcripts and all of the analyses saying "hmm this is actually quite bad"

"wow, what an echo chamber in here, i'd appreciate a little diversity of thought and less emotion" i say to myself as i am banned from the starbucks for making GBS threads on the floor

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think chuds are gonna be really mad when their main defense will be "What about Biden?!?!" and most of the left is like :shrug:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
The chud response to the prosecutor dropping the case seems to be “well he could have picked it up again so Biden had to make sure that a new prosecutor would keep it buried” which is an... interesting... take.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

evilweasel posted:

the allegations of corruption have been definitively, repeatedly disproven so much so that even the post and the NYT don't both-sides them

even the times is reporting epsteins death as a suicide, aren't they trustworthy?

Ripoff posted:

Good to see the forums’ chuds are making their way into the thread to try to play down the transcripts and exonerate big orange daddy. Weird they’re getting nervous.

Not a chud, I just have a memory past the current news cycle so I remember the last 20 times they 'got' Trump with super damning revelations only for no one to give a drat

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Mahoning posted:

I think chuds are gonna be really mad when their main defense will be "What about Biden?!?!" and most of the left is like :shrug:

If this gets Biden out of the race then I’ll be happy. Not that he did anything illegal here but he’s still a terrible candidate.

At most I think it was dumb to be in a situation where a conflict of interest could be perceived.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
I'm going to go commit a bunch of bank robberies while video taping myself, post them, and then have forums user hobbez go "Jeeze guys that's it? Nothing to see here. We'll see what else comes out."

It's the perfect crime.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

hobbez posted:

Right, I’m familiar with the qualifications for impeachment. I guess it depends on how far you think this goes wrt crimes and misdemeanors.

And, I mean, I don’t want to go “but BIDEN”, but wasn’t his involvement in the firing of the prosecutor a little sketchy? Didn’t it directly benefit Hunter?

You're right, we should remove Joe Biden from the Vice Presidency immediately.

And impeach President Hillary Clinton while we're at it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

hobbez posted:

Should we just link you the identical posts of tourists who come in every time major news drops to tell us hope is useless and we should all just give up.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

hobbez posted:

I can be convinced I’m incorrect

hobbez posted:

OK, waiting for you to recant on this since it's been clearly disproved multiple times already.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

hobbez posted:

Will you admit you were wrong on the Biden thing now that the facts have been explained?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1176883064636657665

:hmmyes:

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

I cannot wait to see what plays out over the next few days. The fact that they are so stupid and out-of-touch with reality that they willingly released crimes_transcript.log is amazing. I can only hope that at least some Republicans will just abstain from voting, maybe in my wildest dreams even jump ship, in the House. This is laughably corrupt and open-and-shut and any GOP ghoul who defends it will be handing their opponent in 2020 an army munitions depot worth of ammo to use against them.

Edit: But the fact that Mitt Romney calls this "troubling" should temper my expectations. I keep having to remind myself that Trump could slit these people's grandchildren's bellies open, start eating their intestines while screaming racial epithets, and at best they would be "deeply concerned," at worst "Shut up, Billy; he's owning the libs! God bless Murka."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mantis42 posted:

even the times is reporting epsteins death as a suicide, aren't they trustworthy?

Not a chud, I just have a memory past the current news cycle so I remember the last 20 times they 'got' Trump with super damning revelations only for no one to give a drat

This is by far the most damning thing yet because A) he was in office, not a candidate, and B) there's more concrete evidence he did it because it's in the transcript he voluntarily released.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

if you don't know how definitively an allegation republicans want to make against democrats needs to be for the NYT/Post to report it as discredited instead of both-sidings it i'm not sure i or anyone else can help you

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Is troubling higher on the scale than concerning?

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

hobbez posted:

I can be convinced I’m incorrect

"debate me, coward"

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
This probably doesn't motivate the disaffected voters who the Democrats need to mobilize with economic populism, but it also likely has a marginal impact on medium information suburbanites who aren't in the Fox hole.

There, that's my useless horse race speculation on the current Trump scandal. Either way, it's still good on the merits to impeach him over this (and everything else).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yay, he said the thing, he really is the new McCain

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Has anyone made a M1tt ROMney bot that just responds to every Trump tweet with synonyms of "troubling" yet? Because if not I am 100% going to set that up.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

hobbez posted:

sometimes people are wrong. this time it happens to be you.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zapf Dingbat posted:

"debate me, coward"

I’d like to note he has now run away

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/1176883231767060480

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Well there's why McCarthy said that dumb poo poo.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Zapf Dingbat posted:

"debate me, coward"

You're giving too much credit, even Shapiro is better than this crap. I demand higher quality trolling!

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Mantis42 posted:

This is different because everyone knows what a mafia shakedown is, this is obviously one, and not only has trump admitted he did it the proof is now (or will be) publicly available, and that proof is a few pages of phone transcripts instead of a heavily redacted tome of poo poo you need to be a lawyer to understand.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eh

it is useful information to know that the concern caucus isn't leaping to defend trump. its not so much that mitt romney saying "troubling" means anything as that if he didn't bother doing that before leaping to defend trump, that would mean something

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

That is, of course, hilariously tendentious, and it's certainly good enough for his devoted followers. As ever, it remains to be seen how many people will throw up their hands and say "both sides are at it again."

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

lmao

Myth: OJ stabbed the victim 27 times.

Fact: He only stabbed her 7 times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We poo poo on Paul Ryan but man did he realize when to get out.

Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, Steve Scalise, and Kevin McCarthy are just the morons dumb enough to be the face of all this.