Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

nope, it's tallies of people in favor of opening the inquiry

but as a practical matter the public will not understand the distinction so it's people willing to face ads saying they supported impeaching trump, so it's not a far leap from this list to the list of votes in favor of impeachment as soon as the requisite process occurs

yeah i'd rather there be a vote just to avoid delay in the cases where trump lawyers inevitably argue "but there's never been a vote, nothing has changed, this isn't a formal impeachment inquiry"

but at least we know the votes will definitely be there whenever it happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Kevyn posted:

Wait, did they try to “Unsend” the email like it’s mid-90s AOL? Ahahahaha

Exchange lets you pull back emails in certain situations, but if you already read it or even just had your Outlook client up it you get a "soandso would like to recall" message instead.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

Tormented posted:

They literally believe he is a god king.

quote:

If Biden were not currently running for President do you think Trump still would have asked Ukraine to look into him?

quote:

No idea. It's certainly possible, since Trump would've been the kind of person, before becoming president, who hates when his money is misused, and now that he's president, America's money.

Yeah pretty much. He's just doing this to protect America's money which is kind of like his money!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

reminder on the "three" vs "eight"

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1176898036934619136

there is at least one more call with more incriminating statements cause they didn't release that one

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

scuz posted:

It's so fun to think about someone using the "unsend email" function in two thousand and nineteen.
To be fair, most of these fucknuggets barely know how to use their phone, much less a computer. Hell, doesn't Trump barely know how to properly use Twitter and it's one of the few apps he has on his phone?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that a condensed and curated second hand account that they voluntarily released already looks this bad for Trump.

There is an absolute treasure trove of damning details hiding just beneath the surface of this. The stuff not being included in this one account. The other 7 calls. The international escapades of personal fixer Rudy Giuliani.

A million times this. As another goon posted, I figured this transcript, which was curated specifically to make Trump look as good and innocent as possible would have him discussing mundane congratulations, trade deals, ect and then a casual "oh by the way, if you get a chance sure would be nice if you could investigate this Biden thing" at the very end.

Instead he straight up starts off by making GBS threads on Angela Merkel for no loving reason. Then pivots to demanding the new Ukrainian president investigate HER EMAILS (:psyduck:) shits all over their former prosecutor, then straight up asks in the most mobster way possible "You got a great nation here, it would be good for you to start investigating this Biden thing to, you know, keep that nation great".

Like what the gently caress. If this is the best they could make Trump look then LOL. I cannot image what is in the other calls.

Also who the gently caress knows what he has been asking of other countries, to Kim, to Putin, the Saudis, ect while he has been in office. If we can get transcripts of those conversations as this investigation dives into the rabbit hole? Buckle up everyone, we just took the Red Pill and I feel like there is no end to this bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7W2I9FGF9U

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
also: lmao

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

pacerhimself posted:

Yes, recall is a function in Outlook but it's largely garbage and reliant on client cooperation.

It works for my work internal mail server, for mails to other timezones where they might be offline. Otherwise, lol you dun goofed

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

odds Trump tries to use signing spending bills as a bargaining chip? are we gonna see his veto get overriden?

Maybe, but profoundly unlikely to work out well for him. He caved last time IIRC.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The person who clicked that button was thinking "oh, cool, I'll just recall the email and everything will be fine! Nobody will know!"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/1176898345610227712

this is a good point

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1176898993986707456?s=19

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

I don't want to get into doxxing the whistleblower, but it would not surprise me one tiny bit if it were Dan Coats himself. That transcript is of a call on July 25, and Trump fired Coats by tweet on the 28th. Coats has been conspicuously absent from any of the news channels, where you would think he would be in high demand.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm guessing trump or an underling were howling at the IT guy to recall the message (a thing that really only works as someone said with an internal network) and the guy went gently caress it fine see i did it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Failed Imagineer posted:

It works for my work internal mail server, for mails to other timezones where they might be offline. Otherwise, lol you dun goofed

at my work even if someone else at my firm sends the recall notice, it doesn't work unless i open the recall notice before i open the email sought to be recalled. it also doesn't work unless you open the recall notice.

as you may imagine, everyone who sees a recall notice immediately goes and opens up the original email, which is why we are specifically advised not to do it

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

reminder on the "three" vs "eight"

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1176898036934619136

there is at least one more call with more incriminating statements cause they didn't release that one

Oh look, Maggie pushing Trump-friendly narratives. What a strange occurrence.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kevyn posted:

Wait, did they try to “Unsend” the email like it’s mid-90s AOL? Ahahahaha

reminder: one of the reasons why karl rove was so effective as a political operative early on is because he paid somebody to put him on the dnc e-mail list

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

scuz posted:

It's so fun to think about someone using the "unsend email" function in two thousand and nineteen.

its a thing that Outlook exchange servers have and it does work...sometimes

key point is that you are not recalling anything sent outside that exchange server though

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
why has no one tried a five star movement welfare for whites type gimmick in america? i wonder if josh hawley will

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Wylie posted:

I don't want to get into doxxing the whistleblower, but it would not surprise me one tiny bit if it were Dan Coats himself. That transcript is of a call on July 25, and Trump fired Coats by tweet on the 28th. Coats has been conspicuously absent from any of the news channels, where you would think he would be in high demand.

Dan Coats and/or Sue Gordon (his deputy) have been rumored to be the whistleblower, I've always thought it would be odd that Coats would go through a whistleblowing process when Coats was the DNI himself. Maybe it makes sense under the law but it doesn't make intuitive sense to me.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pretty sure Bolton hates the media as well, not sure why he'd do them any favors unless he really had that bad of a split

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

evilweasel posted:

at my work even if someone else at my firm sends the recall notice, it doesn't work unless i open the recall notice before i open the email sought to be recalled. it also doesn't work unless you open the recall notice.

as you may imagine, everyone who sees a recall notice immediately goes and opens up the original email, which is why we are specifically advised not to do it

This is exactly what I realised after I emailed my lunch order to everyone in my office.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

Oh look, Maggie pushing Trump-friendly narratives. What a strange occurrence.

maggie's original tweet was misleading but she's busting trump talking points in that tweet

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Isn't Bolton a company man and his incentive is to lie for the GOP? His whole personal brand, i.e. how he makes money, is being an GOP talking head. Seems like he wouldn't mess with that until the GOP writ large does an about face.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

Dan Coats and/or Sue Gordon (his deputy) have been rumored to be the whistleblower, I've always thought it would be odd that Coats would go through a whistleblowing process when Coats was the DNI himself. Maybe it makes sense under the law but it doesn't make intuitive sense to me.

my two choices at the moment are either john bolton or rudy giuliani

the sdny finally ends a top secret 36 year old campaign to break mobbed up companies in NY

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 25, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

No Safe Word posted:

Pretty sure Bolton hates the media as well, not sure why he'd do them any favors unless he really had that bad of a split

bolton, like all washington insiders, loves the media as a tool for political infighting

bolton was fired in part because he relentlessly leaked his opposition to things trump wanted to do as part of an attempt to stop trump from doing them

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

cargo cult posted:

why has no one tried a five star movement welfare for whites type gimmick in america? i wonder if josh hawley will

That's kinda what Trump was pretending he was, but ultimately the sort of person who buys into that kind of thing doesn't actually care about their life getting better, as long as other people have it worse.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hidden_msg posted:

Isn't Bolton a company man and his incentive is to lie for the GOP? His whole personal brand, i.e. how he makes money, is being an GOP talking head. Seems like he wouldn't mess with that until the GOP writ large does an about face.

he can be an anonymous source

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

No Safe Word posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if every major network is furiously working with lawyers to get Bolton, Coats, or Gordon on air, so if they are absent I bet it means they are expecting to be subpoenaed and have been advised not to talk to press.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ryde posted:

How long until Japan tells us they didn't actually and Trump is lying? Because this has happened several times before in trade negotiations.

like 3 hours but it will be lost in the shuffle because rudy or someone will blow up on tv, possibly literally.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

A million times this. As another goon posted, I figured this transcript, which was curated specifically to make Trump look as good and innocent as possible would have him discussing mundane congratulations, trade deals, ect and then a casual "oh by the way, if you get a chance sure would be nice if you could investigate this Biden thing" at the very end.

Instead he straight up starts off by making GBS threads on Angela Merkel for no loving reason. Then pivots to demanding the new Ukrainian president investigate HER EMAILS (:psyduck:) shits all over their former prosecutor, then straight up asks in the most mobster way possible "You got a great nation here, it would be good for you to start investigating this Biden thing to, you know, keep that nation great".

Like what the gently caress. If this is the best they could make Trump look then LOL. I cannot image what is in the other calls.

Also who the gently caress knows what he has been asking of other countries, to Kim, to Putin, the Saudis, ect while he has been in office. If we can get transcripts of those conversations as this investigation dives into the rabbit hole? Buckle up everyone, we just took the Red Pill and I feel like there is no end to this bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7W2I9FGF9U

this. bad poo poo will probably start leaking more now and thats not even including the stuff dug up.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i am praying with all of my heart and soul that someone is gonna post a picture of that attempt to recall the talking point email

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

No Safe Word posted:

maybe. bolton is nutter but he is not really the "fake news" type. he will throw trump under the bus.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

All these announcements make me glad that we can finally, finally, finally consider the admin a hostile, antagonistic force rather than watching the democrats play handball with him

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks Nate

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1176900396448722944?s=19

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DC Murderverse posted:

i am praying with all of my heart and soul that someone is gonna post a picture of that attempt to recall the talking point email

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1176892471789461506

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

evilweasel posted:

he can be an anonymous source

That is fair. I guess you would have to trust the reporter to keep the secret. Then again after enough time passes with no real paper trail it is deniable enough I guess. Are there any legal protections for anonymous sources that get outed?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol wonder how Mccain's Daughter will respond to this

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1176896561512513536

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ok so just to be clear, what Axelrod is suggesting, and what I wholeheartedly agree with, is not that you will see Bolton on TV (or quoted in the newspaper) giving up all the dirt

instead, you will see stories sourced to "a source familiar with the situation" leaking very damaging information about Trump personally, that Bolton personally leaked to the news. That's a very common strategy with washington insiders - using leaks to the media to damage opponents - and Bolton is very well known for doing it to Trump while he worked for Trump.

The one thing everyone agrees on that Bolton is good at is that he's a very good bureaucratic infighter: knifing someone through the press is exactly the sort of thing he does, and he hates Trump. He's not going to put his name on it because he's a Republican talking head, but he'll take those shots in the dark and hope Trump falls.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tori-symonds-b86b5948/

White House Director of Government Communications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

skylined! posted:

lol wonder how Mccain's Daughter will respond to this

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1176896561512513536
They've been this party since at least Reagan, so she's an idiot.