Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
But her emails!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

If they don't use this opportunity to get his taxes I'll be severely disappointed

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

What the gently caress. You're already taking a shot at him. Take your best shot.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

If they don't use this opportunity to get his taxes I'll be severely disappointed

I feel like a literal act of god would be required to get those at this point.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

skylined! posted:

Apparently trump is using more mob pressure tactics to get Zalensky to exonerate him. Amazing.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1176926850179842048

Oh how great would it be if he said, in full view of everyone, something like "tell them I didn't withhold funds or we won't sell you the missiles."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1176927317186220033

Oh my god, this loving jabroni

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

This guy is literally begging for someone to put a blindfold on him...:confused:

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
It really, really sucks to be the Ukrainian president next to Trump right now and, for an actor, he's not doing much to hide that fact from his face.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Angry_Ed posted:

Wow that sure sounds like consensus to me...said nobody ever. There's still no timetable given so this still doesn't mean anything yet.

All the Democrat/adjacent pundits and panelists I've seen this morning are parroting the "we need to laser focus on this specific thing only" strategy :smith:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Is there a way to reference the other multitudinous impeachable issues that may have elements tied up in the courts in the articles without waiting for all of them to resolve entirely, or are we looking at a situation where we have to find a cutoff point somewhere because we'd run out of time on his presidency before we finished investigating crimes? Especially considering whatever Barr may do.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Man I don't envy Zelensky right now. His national defense hinges on this decidedly unhinged wannabe mobster moron with a mayfly's attention span and negative tact. What is he supposed to say? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for whatever meeting he had last night leading up to this.

Did you see his face when Trump suggested that he and Putin just sit down and work this whole thing out once and for all?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Remember ages ago when he was saying that Hillary took the SERVER CONTAINING THE 30,000 EMAILS and washed it in acid, thereby destroying the emails forever?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CommieGIR posted:

https://www.thenation.com/article/mike-pence-is-still-to-blame-for-an-hiv-outbreak-in-indiana-but-for-new-reasons/

Basically, he gutted a bunch of healthcare in targeting gays and drugs that he created an outbreak. He shut down needle exchanges.

Despite coming from Reddit, this is a pretty solid breakdown on why Pence was pretty disliked as governor in Indiana.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Indiana/comments/4u6qfr/z/d5ng4e0

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Is there a way to reference the other multitudinous impeachable issues that may have elements tied up in the courts in the articles without waiting for all of them to resolve entirely, or are we looking at a situation where we have to find a cutoff point somewhere because we'd run out of time on his presidency before we finished investigating crimes? Especially considering whatever Barr may do.

Since when do impeachment proceedings care about stuff that's in courts anyway?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

It really, really sucks to be the Ukrainian president next to Trump right now and, for an actor, he's not doing much to hide that fact from his face.

Probably advantageous for him to NOT look comfortable next to him, tbh.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So this press conference is going swimmingly I see.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nail Rat posted:

What the gently caress. You're already taking a shot at him. Take your best shot.

This strategy only makes sense if they think the Ukraine evidence is both fantastically good, and not something Trump can meaningfully obstruct. If it looks like everything else can drag on indefinitely, and you've got an ace in the hole you think is a :owned: all by itself, I guess there's no reason to wait on the other poo poo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OddObserver posted:

Since when do impeachment proceedings care about stuff that's in courts anyway?

the efforts to get the evidence to prove certain stuff is tied up in courts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
At this point the GOP and Trump are going to say Benghazi is in Ukraine

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So this press conference is going swimmingly I see.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/1176926704683626496
https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/1176927425936183302
https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/1176927766505238528
https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1176925272244989952?s=20

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Majorian posted:

Probably advantageous for him to NOT look comfortable next to him, tbh.

He looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole when Trump said he and Putin should get together.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Trying to find a link but I just get a youtube page with "live in x minutes" on it.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

JerikTelorian posted:

Depends. Trump is only worth it as long as he is useful. He's already not looking super useful going into 2020, and if there is a risk of this being a case through spring and possibly summer of 2020 they might dump him to try and claim some high ground and hold the senate.

Pence would also be much more palatable to many republicans who might not vote because they find Trump distasteful.

Throwing Trump under the bus(or more accurately leaving him to his fate) for Pence would go over like a wet fart. They've had the good stuff and Pence's milquetoast social conservatism isn't going to cut it anymore. Republican turnout would be abysmal.

edit: Also a reminder that Zelensky is a stand up comedian that won as a literal and figurative joke candidate. What an utterly bizarre situation he must find himself in.

lurker2006 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 25, 2019

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Flesh Forge posted:

All the Democrat/adjacent pundits and panelists I've seen this morning are parroting the "we need to laser focus on this specific thing only" strategy :smith:

Anything broader and some of their people might get caught up in the festivities

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I don't know why the Democrats wouldn't want to drag this out for next 3-4 months, he is gonna be this unhinged constantly, Make him react to you for once

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

sean10mm posted:

This strategy only makes sense if they think the Ukraine evidence is both fantastically good, and not something Trump can meaningfully obstruct. If it looks like everything else can drag on indefinitely, and you've got an ace in the hole you think is a :owned: all by itself, I guess there's no reason to wait on the other poo poo.

Pretty much the thinking, it sounds like. The GOP is going to be dragged through this kicking and screaming and will likely sue to stop every subpoena that crosses their line of sight. Restricting it might make impeachment possible by 2030.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Ok cool. It still doesn't change the fact that the initial tweet from Politico

1. Referenced an article that didn't say what the tweet was saying until
2. It was edited in 10 minutes later and
3. Still doesn't undo the fact that (as of this moment) there is no consensus on this, that there is no timetable, that Maxine Waters is still investigating financial crimes, etc.

With the addition of the issue of the other charges against trump being tied up in the courts wheras Ukraine is not, I get why they're considering this tactic. I don't even agree with it, but I also don't agree with taking tweets at face value from anywhere, especially goddamn politico. That it "became" true post-facto doesn't make shooting from the hip any better.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:stare: "Please cover my tracks"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
AHAHAHAHA "Nancy Pelosi is no longer the speaker of the house."

Did....did he just try to fire Pelosi?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1176924588778971136

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't know why the Democrats wouldn't want to drag this out for next 3-4 months, he is gonna be this unhinged constantly, Make him react to you for once

When do you think the end of the year is

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Did he just neg the PM of Ukraine on love TV?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

evilweasel posted:

basically, a lot of the other criminality requires some digging and the trump admin is tying that digging up in the courts, but they've got all they need on ukraine

That is an utterly idiotic idea, like how in the gently caress. Did these guys learn a single goddamn lesson from Russiagate?

You have 6 house committees digging up poo poo right now. 6. Why don't use use all of them to stretch the GOP's defenses, and then uncover a plan B, C, and D in case the Ukraine thing falls though like Russia did?

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 25, 2019

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

CommieGIR posted:

:stare: "Please cover my tracks"

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1176928777886162944

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

Ok cool. It still doesn't change the fact that the initial tweet from Politico

1. Referenced an article that didn't say what the tweet was saying until
2. It was edited in 10 minutes later and
3. Still doesn't undo the fact that there is no consensus on this, that there is no timetable, that Maxine Waters is still investigating financial crimes, etc.

With the addition of the issue of the other charges against trump being tied up in the courts wheras Ukraine is not, I get why they're considering this tactic. I don't even agree with it, but I also don't agree with taking tweets at face value from anywhere, especially goddamn politico. That it "became" true post-facto doesn't make shooting from the hip any better.

By laser focusing exclusively on the one issue for impeachment, the Dems could be hampering other committees' ability to investigate other issues effectively. I don't know that that's necessarily what they're going to do, but if it is, that would be a mistake.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
hoo boy, that was quite a presser.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

theflyingorc posted:

Time is relative man :weed:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Edmund Lava posted:

Did he just neg the PM of Ukraine on love TV?

He also told him that he should get together with Putin to resolve their differences.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Drag it out for the next 13 months, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Countdown to release of unedited recording of Ukrainian end of conversation?