Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LMAO, I'm sure Pelosi will love that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

theflyingorc posted:

When do you think the end of the year is

Maybe he’s going by the Jewish calendar

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

our solipsistic president.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

marshmonkey posted:

hoo boy, that was quite a presser.

He's got another one at about 4 est.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Majorian posted:

Drag it out for the next 13 months, imo.

I'm not certain what the right move is at all, and I'm not certain any of us should be that confident at this juncture.

My mental model has them going deeper into next year, at least.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

uhhh..... thats not subtle.

The Ukraine president is in a terrible bind because even if he concludes that Trump is 100% out in January 2021 (not a certainty), there's still plenty of time for Trump to hurt Ukraine either directly or indirectly. Sure, he can quietly ask Senators for help in influencing Trump, but now that its out in the open and he got his military aid anyway, he's got to smile, bow out, and not do anything to hurt Trump.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

hahahahaha holy poo poo he is losing it

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I do get the concern that America has severe goldfish brain and can't pay attention that long.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

I'm not certain what the right move is at all, and I'm not certain any of us should be that confident at this juncture.

My mental model has them going deeper into next year, at least.

That's fair, I just wish Democratic leaders weren't already saying they want to be done by the end of the year. It seems to me that broadcasting that is not the right move.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"I don't recognize Nancy Pelosi's authority!"

--Trump later, probably.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Majorian posted:

That's fair, I just wish Democratic leaders weren't already saying they want to be done by the end of the year. It seems to me that broadcasting that is not the right move.

I think i agree, there's no reason to commit to any course just yet

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guze posted:

I do get the concern that America has severe goldfish brain and can't pay attention that long.

so we get it over with quickly so everyone forgets about it?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

That is an utterly idiotic idea, like how in the gently caress. Did these guys learn a single goddamn lesson from Russiagate?

You have 6 house committees digging up poo poo right now. 6. Why don't use use all of them to stretch the GOP's defenses, and then uncover a plan B, C, and D in case the Ukraine thing falls though like Russia did?

it doesn't take all that much effort to just keep writing letters that say "no, make me, neener neener" and appealing to the supreme court

i also don't understand the proposed plan to be drop all the other stuff, just keep investigating it but not wait on it to move the ukraine charges for a vote/trial

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Guze posted:

I do think this is bad enough that it will semi-permanently reduce his long term approval by another 1 or even 2%, even if late next year that particular cohort of voters cant quite remember why they decided they hate him now.

Right on schedule too, about every 4-6 months he does something else to drag his disapproval up higher, and we were due for another major event.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Groovelord Neato posted:

so we get it over with quickly so everyone forgets about it?

I don't think it's correct but I get why they'd be worried about it.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

--Trump later, probably.

The one sov cit who appreciates gold fringe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

This would be the time for a Pelosi ZingerTM: “As far as I’m concerned Donald Trump is no longer going to be president.”

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

--Trump later, probably.

I know, :thejoke: but hell, that's him right now. I wonder what his next presser will be like. :chaostrump: Full dumb ahead man, let it all out of that scared, atrophied old man heart.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1176930923943747585

this guy REALLY doesn't want to be the fall guy

as a reminder he was trump's hand-picked replacement, going outside the usual person who should have stepped in when Coats retired

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

And they wonder why the american car market is rapidly falling apart

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1176928872346075137
https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1176902916420096001?s=20
https://twitter.com/nberlat/status/1176668756447305728?s=20
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1176928506099503104?s=20

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lindsey is not a "this"

TyrantWD posted:

I meant Susan Collins. All these faux moderate harpies blend together.

Harpies?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1176930923943747585

this guy REALLY doesn't want to be the fall guy

as a reminder he was trump's hand-picked replacement, going outside the usual person who should have stepped in when Coats retired

jfc if it is so bad that the top 3 people were all willing to quit over whatever tf went on. That's so far into unprecedented that idk what to even make of it

E: lol at the zelensky clip, Ukrainians culturally are not very facially expressive by American standards but that is clear as day.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 25, 2019

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1176896624385302528?s=20

urge to tweet 'shut the gently caress up, gym jordan' rising

It’s easy to respond to this one by saying “well actually joe Biden threatened to withhold the funding because the prosecutor didn’t investigate his son enough.”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

--Trump later, probably.

"I refuse to sign this continuing resolution because it was passed by Nancy Pelosi, who is not the speaker of the house" *government collapses*

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1176931068349468674

https://mobile.twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1176931580893454336

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Like everyone else that works with Trump, the Ukranian President is left holding the bag.

:chaostrump: "Thanks for being here to help me cover my tracks, by the way you're on your own re: Putin"

Herstory Begins Now posted:

jfc if it is so bad that the top 3 people were all willing to quit over whatever tf went on. That's so far into unprecedented that idk what to even make of it

I'm also thinking the hand-picked replacement has, miraculously, seen the pattern with people who are in Trump's orbit and decided he wanted no part of being another Flynn, or Papadopalous, or Lewandowski, or Cohen, or Manafort, etc.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 25, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

According to the Washington Post

quote:

Multiple Judiciary Committee members said that they expected probes of other matters to continue unabated and would potentially contribute to impeachment articles drafted later this year.

“There’s clearly enough evidence before the Judiciary Committee, in my view, to support articles of impeachment on a number of issues,” said Rep. David N. Cicilline (D-R.I.), a member of both the Judiciary panel and the House leadership team.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If you don't utter the phrase "quid pro quo" it's not a crime

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The problem that Trump is running into that I think makes it different this time is that he turns military funding into a domestic and international political issue. If a country doesn’t play ball, no money for jets which hurts the MIC. It also means that the source of funding becomes a more hotly charged political issue because Democrats aren’t going to be happy to provide funding that Trump will then use as a bludgeon against Democrats.

The MIC knows it’s got a good situation going and won’t do anything to rock the boat. We will see if this immediately translates to alarm bells going off in the MIC and applying pressure to team R not to gently caress up the $900 billion per year in funding.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Feldegast42 posted:

That is an utterly idiotic idea, like how in the gently caress. Did these guys learn a single goddamn lesson from Russiagate?

Well yes, they absolutely learned something from Russiagate

A Fat Orange Dude In An Ill Fitting Suit posted:

As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1176932518551048192

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

There is going to be a coffee table book one day once this nightmare is, I don’t want to save “over”, it will never be over, but at least not as active as it was before, that’s just going to be pictures of people reacting to poo poo Trump has said or done in their immediate presence. Like Buzz Aldrin’s bug eyes at Trump’s Space Force ramble, Trudeau looking down disgusted at Trump’s handshake attempt, that dude from the Al Smith dinner.

I’m telling you, there’s a whole book out there.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Should I be concerned that Nunes is saying anything about this?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sir Lemming posted:

If you don't utter the phrase "quid pro quo" it's not a crime

You laugh, but this is exactly what the Republicans who are spinning this are trying to sell us.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't know if this is trying to read tea leaves or not, but that tweet from a few pages back, where Roberts randomly decided to blurt out that the SCOTUS isn't political, seems odd to me. Why now? Is it a subtle attempt to signal that the SCOTUS wouldn't protect Trump during impeachment proceedings?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

:getin:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Should just be in the lookout for leaks from Dems before nunes can spin it I guess.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

...I'm honestly not sure what he can do to gently caress this up but I'm sure he's going to try because he's Devin Nunes, incompetent fixer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Really going well for the Bigly Boy today!

Also the fault lines are spreading if Senate Republicans are now openly voting against him