Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Missed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

net work error posted:

One of those tropical waves jumped up and now there's tropical storm Karen which would like to speak to the manager of Trinidad and Tobago. The track has it kind of tailing Jerry for now.
The tropical wave off Africa is likely to also become a named storm either by tonight or tomorrow so we're going through these names fast now.

Getting hit by Karen tomorrow in PR. Well stocked on rum, though, so everything should be a ok.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Karen's track is going to be interesting because a few have the storm basically hitting a wall and making a 90° turn right at Florida. Still kind of early so it's TBD if it's going for Mar a Lago or not.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

net work error posted:

Karen's track is going to be interesting because a few have the storm basically hitting a wall and making a 90° turn right at Florida. Still kind of early so it's TBD if it's going for Mar a Lago or not.

NHC seems to be liking that track since they have the storm doing some form of that turn now in the extend outlook.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Karen is a tropical depression now. That's practically beach weather!

Electricity will probably still go out for some reason, since it gives us random blackouts here on normal days.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xiTyXgyvsk&t=18s

category 2 tropical cyclone making landfall in Oman

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao the cone for Karen now incorporates a literal 90 100 degree turn left south of Bermuda

it's a Florida-seeking missile baby

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lmao the cone for Karen now incorporates a literal 90 100 degree turn left south of Bermuda

it's a Florida-seeking missile baby

Karen is going straight to the NHC to talk to the hurricane hunters manager

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Karen is going straight to the NHC to talk to the hurricane hunters’ manager

Classic Karen.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
PR gonna flood real bad from Karen. Right after a 6.0 quake too.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
took a break from storm witchery to read some scifi

we ever get a death toll from dorian?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Addamere posted:

100% of the people who died from it are dead.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Addamere posted:

the official count is up to fifty-something, iirc, but 1300 people are still missing

they're gonna be digging bodies out of the rubble for months

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shima Honnou posted:

100% of the people who died from it are dead.

is there not even one phoenix down on the entire island or what

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Addamere posted:

is there not even one phoenix down on the entire island or what

Feathers, being light, are the first thing to go flying away when the wind kicks up.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

With Karen making a loop de loop long term predictions are pretty useless still so I wonder if we'll be in a scenario where people have like 3 days maybe to prepare for an incoming storm.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's peak fire season in California. Huge heat wave this week plus lots of dry brush. PG&E doesn't want another lawsuit but they also don't want to be responsible for regular maintenance, so they're just arbitrarily cutting off power to any "high-risk" areas now. Tens of thousands of people just won't have power on any given day.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

It's peak fire season in California. Huge heat wave this week plus lots of dry brush. PG&E doesn't want another lawsuit but they also don't want to be responsible for regular maintenance, so they're just arbitrarily cutting off power to any "high-risk" areas now. Tens of thousands of people just won't have power on any given day.

Lol we're not competent enough to do our job safely and in compliance with local law so we're just going to not do it. Tell me they can get sued again when someone dies of heat stroke.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vox Nihili posted:

:rip: trump country, california

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
if they're really lucky, they'll cut off a critical piece of home medical equipment, kill someone, then lose a wrongful death lawsuit - leaving them in a situation where they literally cannot make a good move

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

excellent doomsday economics content right here

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Lorenzo undergoing rapid intensification to cat 5 in the middle the ocean is quite a thing.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Unseasonably cold in the pacific northwest. We're all just assuming climate change is cancelled, now.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Failson posted:

Unseasonably cold in the pacific northwest. We're all just assuming climate change is cancelled, now.

The problem is that we used to have a polar cell, but nowadays it's more of a tri-quadracell that high pressures blow through pretty easily so all of that cold air that used to be contained in the arctic is blowing everywhere.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Failson posted:

yea its been pretty nuts how quickly it went from "drat i wish my apartment had an actual AC" to "drat i should use my fireplace"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Don't get my hopes up like this
e: oh gently caress that is the actual image lmao

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Don't get my hopes up like this
e: oh gently caress that is the actual image lmao

lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jose will never escape. Final Destination climate edition

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hurricane T1000

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Which part of the UK is the Alabama of the UK??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

Which part of the UK is the Alabama of the UK??

northern ireland. south and east england are the dallas suburbs of the uk

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol i legit believe jose was cursed

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yellowcar posted:

lol i legit believe jose was cursed

florida, not even once

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

this fuckin slaps

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

:flaccid: in storm form!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Lmao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
get 'em

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lorenzo is about to do an Irish Backstop. Brexit is so hot these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"Lorenzo is the largest recorded storm to have made it so far east in the north Atlantic."

Love 2 set records every year