Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Splendid posted:

So it looks like there's going to be a vote of no confidence against the government.

Called by the government.

Sicknasty, hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Slutty Halloween Santa

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

still not used to politicians just... lying. telling untruths that they know to be untrue, and which everyone knows is untrue

evasions and circumspect language, sure. saying "i never used those words i literally just said"? just... no

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

mhairi black fuckin owns. they accidentally let a normal glaswegian young person into parliament and she rules. setting out the position to just loving detach scotland from englands plummeting corpse.

hopefully at some point she bends down to pick something up and plunges her sgian dubh into bojos eye and takes over

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

V. Illych L. posted:

still not used to politicians just... lying. telling untruths that they know to be untrue, and which everyone knows is untrue

evasions and circumspect language, sure. saying "i never used those words i literally just said"? just... no

Trn moo p

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/ashcowburn/status/1176936614393720832

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Incredible

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1176942475598008320

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
He's done this every time someone has asked him about his inflammatory tone and language and it's chilling and frustrating to watch.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

lol bojo trying to pretend the snp are in danger from the scottish tories

there is no longer any danger of the scottish tories winning anything dw

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

pretty sure that part's also genuine. he absolutely doesn't see any connection between his rhetoric and the death threats - this really is just an amped-up parlour game to him

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Didn't Farage gloat after the referendum that they'd won "without a shot being fired"?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

thats just hosed up

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hentai Jihadist posted:

mhairi black fuckin owns. they accidentally let a normal glaswegian young person into parliament and she rules. setting out the position to just loving detach scotland from englands plummeting corpse.

hopefully at some point she bends down to pick something up and plunges her sgian dubh into bojos eye and takes over

knife crimes

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Captain Splendid posted:

Didn't Farage gloat after the referendum that they'd won "without a shot being fired"?

yes.

yes.
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

V. Illych L. posted:

pretty sure that part's also genuine. he absolutely doesn't see any connection between his rhetoric and the death threats - this really is just an amped-up parlour game to him
Of course that's how he sees it. Doesn't make it any less terrifying, perhaps even more so.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

frankenfreak posted:

Of course that's how he sees it. Doesn't make it any less terrifying, perhaps even more so.

oh agreed

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol a loving libdem offered to vote for johnson if hed offer a second referendum. libdems are garbage. even johnson called her out

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

second ref on Boris Johnson's Deal Which Is Totally Boris Johnson-Negotiated And In No Way Related To Theresa May's Deal vs remain would genuinely not be a terrible scenario, given the stakes atm

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit

https://twitter.com/nerysinchina/status/1176904755442016256

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Captain Splendid posted:

He sure did.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-said-we-won-it-without-a-bullet-being-fired-5963802/

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/MrBrendanCox/status/1176958217122983938?s=19

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

She's moved on from being a barmaid while the Daily Heil is still a Nazi-fellating bastion of worthless cunts.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Actually, you'll find the only way to honor her memory is delivering Brexit.[/boris]

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Breakfast All Day posted:

libdem.... johnson

jesus keep it in the bedroom

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/olynxa/status/1176953786767683589?s=21

Jesus Christ

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

its a bad sign for our country probably but tbh it kinda owns that the whole of parliament recieves death threats from across the political spectrum lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Squizzle posted:

knife crimes

vision dreams of passion

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I have my sexy Rees Mogg costume ready. He lazily wields the purple rod from ontop of the woolsack iykwim.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

breaking news: youtube autocaption transcribes brexit as "brick city"

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

brexit won because its portmanteau rolled off the tongue easier

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

lost my old email posted:

brexit won because its portmanteau rolled off the tongue easier
And yet grexit lost out to gretention. It's a messed up world.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BULBASAUR posted:

Slutty Halloween Santa

yes hello

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
brentset

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What is wrong with your media

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

Insufficient punishment.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Glenn Quebec posted:

An expert who used to work for the government told a journalist the government did a bad thing. The government publicly named him, he then shortly afterwards totally "committed suicide" and then there was a big report which said the government did nothing wrong and the BBC was very bad and basically had its balls cut off.

Also Rupert Murdoch.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

reading the transcript of the peston interview and having a very difficult time imagining a state of mind where johnson doesn't come off as duplicitous or deranged. peston subjects him to entirely reasonable scrutiny (imo he could and should've pushed somewhat harder) and he just completely folded.

often when right-wingers give interviews of this sort, even if i disagree with the points they're making i can see how someone basically rational might take their side against the journalist. this is not the case with boris johnson right now.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BULBASAUR posted:

Slutty Halloween Santa
Slutty Doctor who tells you your insurance won't cover this operation.

"I hoped you're prepared to pay Ouuuuutt of Pooooocket"

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hentai Jihadist posted:

its a bad sign for our country probably but tbh it kinda owns that the whole of parliament recieves death threats from across the political spectrum lol

I feel like public figures getting death threats at least sometimes is pretty universal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it really is a problem imo cos it means that the only people who can hold public office or participate in public debate are the sort of weirdos who don't much mind people literally saying they want to kill them, specifically