Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmfao people are batshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmfao people are batshit

Yes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmfao people are batshit

:actually:
:goonsay:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
vBulletin does not stand for the ableist language of idiot

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmfao people are batshit

You know you don't have to answer to them anymore, right? You can tell people to turn on their monitors or suck your dick or whatever you want now. You're free.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I just read about a really bad remote exploitable vulnerability in vbulletin and ran here in case the forums had been pwned.

Nah. We’re three full versions out of date for it to work.

Good news they’re too old and decrepit for anyone to bother hacking them.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
lmao so old the exploit isn't even compatible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Somewhere there's a guy with a Satellaview, the Mario Paint mouse, and a permaban just waiting for his chance.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

christmas boots posted:

You know you don't have to answer to them anymore, right? You can tell people to turn on their monitors or suck your dick or whatever you want now. You're free.

He has an illness to try and moderate a web forum. You can't apply logic to something like that

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Yeah it’s only for 5 and up and we’re on 2.2.9 or whatever

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

IMHO it was way better when people kept their lukewarm dunks on FAU to themselves on pain of mod sass probations; at least when someone actually talked poo poo to FAU it was usually hilarious in one way or another.

Now it's just every dweeb with a minor grudge dropping sick owns like "lol you don't know what a category is," just shameful really

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hey, you know what I love? SA's greatest sagas.

I have been rereading the Blue Story thread and it just gets weirder the more I think about it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
How did that end anyway? I think I lost track of that one right as the baby was supposed to be due.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hey, you know what I love? SA's greatest sagas.

I have been rereading the Blue Story thread and it just gets weirder the more I think about it.

My favorite part of that thread will always be the time she discussed how her "can't touch a vegetable" husband could help with healthy meal prep, and she determined the best way for him to do so would be for him to hold the cutting board over the pot so she could push the vegetables in. The mental image of two allegedly functional adults turning "dump veggies from cutting board into pot" into a two-person job just destroys me every loving time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Antivehicular posted:

My favorite part of that thread will always be the time she discussed how her "can't touch a vegetable" husband could help with healthy meal prep, and she determined the best way for him to do so would be for him to hold the cutting board over the pot so she could push the vegetables in. The mental image of two allegedly functional adults turning "dump veggies from cutting board into pot" into a two-person job just destroys me every loving time.

They wanted to have a baby because they thought it would be a huge waste of their amazing genes not to reproduce

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

christmas boots posted:

How did that end anyway? I think I lost track of that one right as the baby was supposed to be due.

did anyone ever determine it was fake? i think people were claiming but it was never that convincing

E:

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

There was once, maybe about 8 to 10 years ago, a thread where an OP started it and called it something like "I think I'm Facebook friends with a basket case". It could've also been something like "nutjob", "mental case", etc. Anyway it was this teenaged boy who would write his own angsty songs and when a lyric was held he would streeeeeettcchh it out in the Word document. I remember one of the songs said "I'm an F.A.G. - Forever Alone Guy"

The OP posted the lyrics in the thread and a bunch of musically inclined goons made the songs into actual songs. A guy either called Brandon Bowman or Bill Borman made an amazing cover of these lovely songs and I downloaded his actual album and listened to it on a road trip I took that year. One woman recorded herself playing the piano to sing along with the songs and had a bunch of outtakes of her cat meowing in the background.

The OP got increasingly paranoid and stressed that the kid would find the thread over the course of a few days until a mod came in and declared that based on how he was acting, it was the OP that was the basket case, not the kid, and closed the thread.

The thing is, that thread was what convinced me to finally buy an account when I turned 18 a year or so later but I can find no trace of it ever existing. If anyone else remembers this thread tell me I'm not crazy!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Snow Cone Capone posted:

IMHO it was way better when people kept their lukewarm dunks on FAU to themselves on pain of mod sass probations; at least when someone actually talked poo poo to FAU it was usually hilarious in one way or another.

Now it's just every dweeb with a minor grudge dropping sick owns like "lol you don't know what a category is," just shameful really

Bitch I’ve eaten a ban and thirty for less. You better think about who the gently caress you’re talking to.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

loving lmao

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

El_Elegante posted:

Bitch I’ve eaten a ban and thirty for less. You better think about who the gently caress you’re talking to.

You typed this with your human hands and posted it on a website where other people can see it.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

purple death ray posted:

You typed this with your human hands and posted it on a website where other people can see it.

What the gently caress did you just say to me?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Clemens?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

El_Elegante posted:

I’m terrible at these. Who am I talking to?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

I’m terrible at these. Who am I talking to?

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in FYAD, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Habbo Hotel, and I have over 300 confirmed parachutes accounts...

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

El_Elegante posted:

Nonsense. Nobody could withstand such a thing.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

El_Elegante posted:

Burt Sexual posted:

This thread is not about you, get over yourself

:smuggo:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm not trying to further derail things but at this point I'm gonna go ahead and say that "dorks taking potshots at FAU after he stepped down from being an admin" is an ongoing, developing Great Saga

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's probably best everyone gets it out of their system right away, so it's not an ongoing thing for years and years.

Hey, FAU, I bet you smell faintly of onions! :iceburn:

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
fau is a bread

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

fau is a unique case of a former SA admin who stepped down voluntarily instead of being exiled for sex crimes or forced out due to universal hatred which is why he is actually continuing to post

everyone is now trying to get their hot dunks in because traditionally the end of an SA admin's tenure involves a massive hindenburg level crash and burn that provides fodder for that sort of thing, nobody knows how to react to someone stepping down after doing a relatively inoffensive job

honestly I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and it to come out that fau was a member of the khmer rouge or spent the better part of the 1990's picking up hitchhikers and then eating them

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ex-admin factsareuseless.... did you know...... that facts.......... are useful!!!!!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

El_Elegante posted:

Yikes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

honestly I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and it to come out that fau was a member of the khmer rouge or spent the better part of the 1990's picking up hitchhikers and then eating them
It's both. They called me "The Trap-Door Spider" and I would lurk and snatch people fleeing from Cambodia.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also there are a few admins who still post: Angerbeet's active, Cowcaster's around sometimes, I think Shine might still be in YLLS?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

El_Elegante posted:

Okay sir, may I take your order?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ex-admin factsareuseless.... did you know...... that facts.......... are useful!!!!!!

Glass houses, there's never been a sad rhino. Because their skin is all baggy and comfy. Like the sweatpants of the epidermis world.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also there are a few admins who still post: Angerbeet's active, Cowcaster's around sometimes, I think Shine might still be in YLLS?

You can tell who's an ex-admin and who's an ex-mod because ex-mods never shut up about it

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Glass houses, there's never been a sad rhino. Because their skin is all baggy and comfy. Like the sweatpants of the epidermis world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ButjN7hDkPo
:colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why the hell won't those heartless monsters give them more rhino milk?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019