Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Now that i'm less than 50 CCF to getting Jean to t3, I will get maybe 10 a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I almost have 800 and I really have to steel myself not to impulsively T3 my last "cheap" option in Ant Man for the months it will take to save up for the expensive ones.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm still 1K CCFs from Jean.

Although I'm only 200 from Carol, so I'll be tempted for a long while after I hit that to just go for Carol instead. So rather than level up any other potential T3s, I'm working on leveling up Stryfe so I won't be tempted by Reed or Namor.

Hoping to get this Event Shop mega 6* ticket. Then I'll have to decide on which paywall person to 6*.

Weapon Hex, Enchantress, White Fox, Ghost Panther, and Crescent are at 5*.
Rescue is at 4*.
Nadia Wasp is 3*
Gambit, Carnage, Ironheart, Jubilee, Kaiju are 1*. I am not a fan of Gambit, so I either don't want to waste it on him, or I should just so I never have to waste time leveling him up.

Or maybe I should spring to unlock Kitty and then 6* her. I assume I can't use it on Surfer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gambit is the best 1*er you have there. Weapon Hex is good but I would never waste a Mega Ticket on a 5* character. I don't know much about Rescue and Wasp but Carnage, Ironheart, and Kid Kaiju are definitely not worth it. So I guess I'd recommend Jubilee if you're really against Gambit. Or Kitty. I don't have her or know much about her.

I believe Surfer's a native T2.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rescue is considered good-not-great. Nadia, very sadly, is kinda underwhelming. I'd also go Gambit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can definitely do worse than Jubilee. She's pretty strong and has one of those constant beam kill skills. Gambit's just stronger.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

You can definitely do worse than Jubilee. She's pretty strong and has one of those constant beam kill skills. Gambit's just stronger.

Oh, I do like those constant beam kill skills. The P5 Cyclops doesn't seem to have one, so I've got no interest in getting that costume.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gambit is the real deal, even at t1. weapon hex is arguably the best striker in the game, also even at t1. i put a rage on my jubilee and shes still not as a good as gambit.

edit: oh weapon hex is at 5*, definitely dont use it on her then

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have them all at T1 and I kind of base their quality level on Shadowland since my basic strategy these days is to use all my remaining T1s (all premiums) on as many floors and save T2s for post-30.

T1 Gambit can easily handle the Floor 15 Conquest and for the last few weeks has been taking down Floor 20's Conquest without much trouble. He could probably move higher and if I had him at T2 I'd probably give him a run at WBU. Jubilee handles floors above 10 and below 20 but not super tough ones. Weapon Hex is better but similar, but again, don't waste a Mega on a 5*. Ironheart handles Floor 1 or 2, maybe a little higher if I'm lucky and good. I'm lucky if I can handle Floor 1 or 2 with Kid Kaiju. Crescent and Enchantress are both teens (but again, don't use it on 5*s). I have Carnage at T2 but he's basically a teens guy or early 20 anyway. White Fox is pretty decent high teens/mid 20s level but not only you shouldn't use the Mega on her but she doesn't take a ton of crystals to open back up her Heroic Mission to finish her.

tldr; Hex is great but would be a waste of a Mega, Jubilee wouldn't be a waste, Gambit is demonstrably next tier though.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

T2 Carnage was usable for combat villain ABX before Apocalypse, Sabertooth and Minnerva. But Minnerva especially is a better budget option these days.

I should do more with Gambit, its always a surprise in WBI when the mission ends in less than a second and I see him pop up instead of Carol or Cable.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They need to do an Immortal Hulk update. T3 for him, add Betsy Ross harpy hulk, 70 level cap + unis for Red Hulk, Absorbing Man and Titania. Plenty more characters to add. I'm sure its probably coming, it only took 7 years to get to the phoenix five.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bagrada posted:

T2 Carnage was usable for combat villain ABX before Apocalypse, Sabertooth and Minnerva. But Minnerva especially is a better budget option these days.

Especially if you spring for her movie uniform. I still see her a lot in PVP, too.

Edit:

If we're doing a wishlist, I wouldn't mind a new Kamala costume since she has one in the comics now.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 25, 2019

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Molten Man is the hot poo poo combat villain these days.

Also, give me Elvis MODOK and I'll be a happy camper. He doesn't even have to be good.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

bobmcdynamite posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Molten Man is the hot poo poo combat villain these days.

My molten man is only T1 because I think he's generic and boring (haven't seen the movie yet) so I'm not sure how he measures up. This tier list has him equal to Sabertooth Apoc and Juggernaut, and below Minn-erva w/ uni and Colossus with his P5 uniform. I did forget about Colossus, he's pretty great now.

Namor will probably take the #1 spot when he gets his Phoenix 5 villain costume in the next patch.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So yesterday I realized that apparently doing the co-op stuff on repeat has been eating through all my clear tickets. For the first time I ran out. I looked online and found out you can get clear tickets from the Alliance Shop, so I decided it was time to join an Alliance. I joined some random alliance, and apparently it gives a bunch of massive buffs? Like +20% to all stats or something equally ludicrous?

Does the character type needed for this arena thing change? It's villains right now, and I don't have any strong villains outside of a un-mastered T1 Mysterio with his Far From Home suit (but his skills are pretty good so he can seemingly punch above his weight class relative to my other 0 mastery 6* guys - I'm a fan of the one where he becomes giant).

edit: I'm also getting close to finishing the epic quests. I only have like 5-6 stages left for each of them. 2 or 3 of them are on a "make rank 6 black anti-matter" step, so I need a lot of gold for that (thus the co-op missions). I also bought the biometric thing since I read that you need 5* Clea for Dr. Strange and apparently that's really painful to do normally.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Ytlaya posted:

So yesterday I realized that apparently doing the co-op stuff on repeat has been eating through all my clear tickets. For the first time I ran out. I looked online and found out you can get clear tickets from the Alliance Shop, so I decided it was time to join an Alliance. I joined some random alliance, and apparently it gives a bunch of massive buffs? Like +20% to all stats or something equally ludicrous?

Does the character type needed for this arena thing change? It's villains right now, and I don't have any strong villains outside of a un-mastered T1 Mysterio with his Far From Home suit (but his skills are pretty good so he can seemingly punch above his weight class relative to my other 0 mastery 6* guys - I'm a fan of the one where he becomes giant).

edit: I'm also getting close to finishing the epic quests. I only have like 5-6 stages left for each of them. 2 or 3 of them are on a "make rank 6 black anti-matter" step, so I need a lot of gold for that (thus the co-op missions). I also bought the biometric thing since I read that you need 5* Clea for Dr. Strange and apparently that's really painful to do normally.

Joining an alliance with all the buffs unlocked is literally a game-changer, just for the cooldown reduction alone!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Make sure you joined a level 30 alliance, or quit and get in a goon one next week if not, for the best bonuses. Ask in the alliance request window for some black anti matter and an established player should send you some, its not a lot but it adds up and it helps them get an achievement for alliance donations. The alliance shop does have clear tickets and 50 bio packs (probably ignore the rest as not worth it) but they are really expensive to get the alliance token currency.

Alliance battle is on a daily rotation, a wiki out there has the 2 week schedule for normal and extreme but I can't check at work at the moment. Once you start getting native T2s up there (which takes a ridiculous amount of materials when you are starting) they can carry you through it, until then just do the best you can. Captain America with a new costume can hold down a combat day or two, Captain Marvel with a costume covers a few universal days, Minnerva can do combat & combat villain, and so on. Torch can maybe do blast, he's relatively easy to build if you progress a bit in the fantastic four epic. If it's just straight villains today, Minn-erva can cover that one too, so she's a useful pick if you get the chance.

I used a mega 6 on Clea to get Dr. Strange faster, probably not worth it but I was happy enough. And Dr. Strange can help you with blast and blast male days in alliance battle. Make sure to work on his gear after you get him, though it will take a lot of black anti-matter too. Ditto mr fantastic, Deadpool and wolverine though black anti-matter vs phoenix feathers depending on if they are a mutant or not.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally got Jean, which is cool. And I even tend to max out my Phoenix Feathers, so ranking her up isn't an issue... until you get to gold cost. :smith:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh my god I must have messed up any I only have 470 tokens. I'm so pissed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Another thing I just recently realized - the automatic upgrade option for comic cards seems really bad because I think it just randomly uses up cards to upgrade other cards, so if you want to level up a specific card it'll probably end up getting eaten up by that feature.

Dawgstar posted:

Finally got Jean, which is cool. And I even tend to max out my Phoenix Feathers, so ranking her up isn't an issue... until you get to gold cost. :smith:

Gold cost is a big barrier, yeah. The grind isn't too bad if you actually save up properly (since it seems fairly easy to get 2-3M per day), but I always end up blowing my gold on random biometrics in the SHIELD Lab.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ytlaya posted:

Another thing I just recently realized - the automatic upgrade option for comic cards seems really bad because I think it just randomly uses up cards to upgrade other cards, so if you want to level up a specific card it'll probably end up getting eaten up by that feature.
Best move is to go through and lock any unique cards you don't want to get folded in. Its a pain because you'll probably have to check each time and you then have to upgrade those locked cards manually. But eventually once you've locked 1 of each and upgraded it you don't have to worry about all the doubles.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

Best move is to go through and lock any unique cards you don't want to get folded in. Its a pain because you'll probably have to check each time and you then have to upgrade those locked cards manually. But eventually once you've locked 1 of each and upgraded it you don't have to worry about all the doubles.

Oh crap, I didn't know there was a 'lock' function. That will be helpful so I don't have to keep forgetting whether or not I have a certain card already or what rank it is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know how I did it but I have 10k clear tickets and all i do is buy the alliance shop set every day.

I'm hoping Illyana's PENIS costume will make her top tier. Speaking of that, I am disappointed that putting Her, Rachael and Kitty on a team together doesn't have bonuses that are basically "these ladies are totally gay for each other". I guess Phasing Friends suggests something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I buy the alliance shop set most days and I have like 3000 perpetually even though I autorun basically everything. If you donate a million a day to your alliance and buy them you still come out ahead. I was doing that for a long time working my alliance's store up so I just keep to the habit unless my gold is real low.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

The Dave posted:

Oh my god I must have messed up any I only have 470 tokens. I'm so pissed.

Lol I had like 210 because life came at me fast

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was prepaired to fight for at least a week to get the last 7 shards, then i do one quick one before work, and it gives me 20 CCF. Hello tier 3 Jean. I could have done Thanos too, but I think jean was a better choice. Now to either keep marching other characters to t3 or save and level thor, wolverine, dr strange or aforementioned Thanos.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does the production option in the SHIELD lab ever become useful?

twistedmentat posted:

I don't know how I did it but I have 10k clear tickets and all i do is buy the alliance shop set every day.

I'm hoping Illyana's PENIS costume will make her top tier. Speaking of that, I am disappointed that putting Her, Rachael and Kitty on a team together doesn't have bonuses that are basically "these ladies are totally gay for each other". I guess Phasing Friends suggests something.

Joining an alliance and getting the shop (plus the tickets from the alliance battle) seems to have made me in the black with regards to tickets again (which is a relief, because the co-op stuff is now my most important source of gold).

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Does the production option in the SHIELD lab ever become useful?

Do you mean the processor? If so, yes. Very. It's great for uniform upgrades and X-Men shards and bios. Some of the X-Men character only have bios in the processor unless you want to pay $10.
There's also the Ultimate characters (Blue Marvel, Nova, and Anti-Man) that have bios there but they seem to have fallen off a bit in usefulness for the most part.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I routinely roll for Universal Bios or X-Genes to get those characters. Its slow but like I nearly have Nova and Anti-Man at 4/20. Just a few more... months?

Also as you said good for Uniform Chests, Shards, or whatever you might need at a given moment. And since you always cap out Phoenix Feathers its nice to have an option to convert them into something useful.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jeez, I didn’t know you could scroll the Danger Room quest rewards and thought that when they ‘Complete the Quest to upgrade Rachel to T2” they meant complete it and not just finish 10%.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It always starts at that position, it’s a blast.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How do you know who has the CTP of Rage in the Danger Room? I can't figure out a way to look at the character's info, just the DR skill.

I haven't been able to get a win in there in days. Its annoying. I was actually getting better at it.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Fairly certain it's based off the the #1 ranked player's build for that character. So for example, the #1 Iron Man is some korean name that has a Rage equipped right now.

World Event works that way for sure, and Danger Room appears to as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should I work to get Thanos, Scott, Wolverine, Strange or Thor to t3 next? I'm also currently working on getting Iron Man and Mr Fantastic ready to get upgraded to.

I am thinking of Wolverine because he's always been useful.

I really hope the next major content update gives us new special missions or an new Epic Quest.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Wolverine has been surprisingly disappointing for me at T3, no matter how much I built him up or the different CTPs I've tried on him. He's not Magneto-level bad but definitely far below Thanos or Strange.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wolverine is definitely the worst out of that group. I don't know enough about Strange, I personally have Thanos and Thor T3 and they're my "Meh" T3 tier. I have enough now to upgrade anyone (and thought about pulling the trigger on Fantastic) but decided to hold off until the next update or even two since it just doesn't matter.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
T3 Thanos is great at pvp. He's just okay at everything else.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mr fantastic does really good dps at t3. thor's ok if you have one of his endgame costumes. dr strange is supposed to be great but i havent got him

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Mr F remains a bit squishy but if you time his t3 right he'll just several hp bars in UWB. I'm at 1k ccf and working towards 1600 for Thanos but I have wolvie, iron man, Thor and Luna ready to advance and may work up Cyclops and Namor while I'm waiting. Currently getting Hulk to 4x25 just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If you've got your cooldown up high you can work Reed's 5-4-3 to keep him safe. It takes timing but I only really get caught when I mistime Thanos' attacks or can't dodge anything. I bring Torch with him and use him to dodge the big attacks but sometimes I just don't nail the timing. But usually I can.