Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I'm helping people speak with their lost loved ones but also enslaving said ghosts to write books for me (that I sometimes eat), I assume that's why I seem to be unlocking some basic evil-sounding skills and furniture despite being on a relatively good-ish path Oracle.

Or maybe it's because of my brief Magickal Crime Spree that I gave up on because it was more lucrative to do just about anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
So before I thought some furniture was locked to specific houses - which after talking to others/the dev I've found out isn't strictly true. Some specific house furniture has some specific requirement flags that certain houses have but aren't the only source of.

E: Here's the class flowchart updated from today: Spoiler for all classes. From the discord.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 25, 2019

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I don't understand that flowchart, because it looks like every class/group on one tier can link to every class/group on the next tier.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Yeah Arcanum is rad.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Where the Witchcraft class purchase says "Locks: [macbeth quote]", is that just a flavorful way of going "You can only pick one T1 class"?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Vil posted:

I don't understand that flowchart, because it looks like every class/group on one tier can link to every class/group on the next tier.

Yeah the person who made it doesn't seem to understand the idea of a legend but it's: Green is Easy, Orange is Hard(er), Purple requires Elementalist, and Black is Impossible.

Omi no Kami posted:

Where the Witchcraft class purchase says "Locks: [macbeth quote]", is that just a flavorful way of going "You can only pick one T1 class"?

Yes

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
lol why even put an arrow if it's impossible. What a terrible chart.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Wait, so looking at the chart elementalist seems like the obvious T1 choice because it's the only one that unlocks things you can't get otherwise, but I guess that's not worth it compared to the magician/witch's houses and stuff?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Omi no Kami posted:

Wait, so looking at the chart elementalist seems like the obvious T1 choice because it's the only one that unlocks things you can't get otherwise, but I guess that's not worth it compared to the magician/witch's houses and stuff?

If you want to become a Sorcerer then T3 High Elementalist can get to it without needing to take T1 Elementalist

E: The dev has also mentioned a big shake-up and balancing of class tiers soon.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 26, 2019

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Ooh gotcha, that makes sense- thanks!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Given my means of promotion, I feel taking on an apprentice of my own can only be a terrible idea great. Finally, someone to, uh. Sweep the floors I suppose?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm having a hard time with two things:

First, Adventuring is very hit or miss, sometimes literally. My Mana doesn't last long enough for my spells to carry me very far and equipment seem sparse. Do I just keep running the same one again and again hoping to get a new trinket?

Second, Codices are a pain in the rear end to craft, is there any way to automatize that?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I'm having a hard time with two things:

First, Adventuring is very hit or miss, sometimes literally. My Mana doesn't last long enough for my spells to carry me very far and equipment seem sparse. Do I just keep running the same one again and again hoping to get a new trinket?

Second, Codices are a pain in the rear end to craft, is there any way to automatize that?

1)Explore the various branches for spells, they'll help with your mana problem and provide tons of other essential buffs.
2)Yes. Ghost Writers.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Has anyone worked out how you raise your passive Stam/sec? I am still at 0.3 but a lot of skills require 0.4 to unlock and I can't see any way to increase it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Phrosphor posted:

Has anyone worked out how you raise your passive Stam/sec? I am still at 0.3 but a lot of skills require 0.4 to unlock and I can't see any way to increase it.

When you go mage at t1 ("the prestige") you get 1 more of each of the -max research + basic stats passives and some others.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Advance to higher tier classes

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I don't remember stam/sec being a limiter for unlocks. Unless that's something brand new.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
afaik it's not a limited in any way other that letting you afk easier

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Yeah I am an idiot, I thought having less than that stam requirement was stopping me unlocking stuff, but the issue was skill points.

Edit: If you get Lumenology to level 5 you unlock Insight, which is a spell that gives you Train Lore Rate 0.5s, Nature Lore 0.2s, Lumenology Lore 0.2s and train Languages Lore Rate 0.2s. From what I understand, that is just a passive 0.2s to Nature and Lumen without you needing to actually train the skill while the spell runs, and a big boost when actually skilling on Lore and Languages.

Lumenology also has some cheap Healing over Time spells, big heals and it pairs with Pyromancy to make fire spells with DoTs!

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 26, 2019

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
How do I get my minions to fight for me? my combat ability appears to be the same before and after summoning fifteen hobgoblins so

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^: in your minions tab you set them to Active - you need to have Allies Power available equal to their level (5)

broke: buy milkweed to raise butterflies and study nature.

woke: sell all possessions to buy ornate chests and grind townsfolk to buy a castle then swear off wealth forever and idly travel the world reading palms boosting multiple skills at once.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Ghostlight posted:

^^^: in your minions tab you set them to Active - you need to have Allies Power available equal to their level (5)

broke: buy milkweed to raise butterflies and study nature.

woke: sell all possessions to buy ornate chests and grind townsfolk to buy a castle then swear off wealth forever and idly travel the world reading palms boosting multiple skills at once.

Pace around your house eating magical books bound by ghosts from scrolls that other ghosts wrote while different ghosts make you money (somehow) and you regenerate all of your stats through manipulating mana so that you never need to rest or stop pacing.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Timesplit is such an incredible QoL upgrade. Though it's feeling like content is running out for now. A really fun idle and one to see how the dev takes it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

gently caress me, it's like EVE Online was a text-based browser game. I'm in.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

pixaal posted:

I played it on android for a bit, it's bad really really bad. It's a reskin idle lost crusader style idle with formations. It's even more money demanding than the original too. It's a bad clone.

Unless you mean one of the other 3 recent free DnD games which have also been massive cash grabs with little to no fun unless you avoided theborigonal game ita based on. And even then go play that instead.

I say this as someone who was very big into DnD lore in high school and know most of the characters in these games.

Idle Lost Crusader ain't on PS4 anyway. This one is Idle Champions Heroes Of forgotten Coast or something. It is heavily formation based.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Rynoto posted:

Timesplit is such an incredible QoL upgrade. Though it's feeling like content is running out for now. A really fun idle and one to see how the dev takes it.

What ends up unlocking chronomancy? I've got like 4 pieces of furniture that give me a higher max skill and I still don't have it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
A tier 3 class

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

I could use a hint for direction for tier 4 as right now I just have a metric shitload of training to do and I'm not sure which to start with i'm a stormcaller, no tier 4 class is visible, my lore is 13 and i can train to 33, I have 32 skills all at 5+ and a lot of them have 10-17 caps now - otherwise its just going to be training about 50 levels at random.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

xiw posted:

I could use a hint for direction for tier 4 as right now I just have a metric shitload of training to do and I'm not sure which to start with i'm a stormcaller, no tier 4 class is visible, my lore is 13 and i can train to 33, I have 32 skills all at 5+ and a lot of them have 10-17 caps now - otherwise its just going to be training about 50 levels at random.

Oh god get your Lore up immediately. Max out your bookcases and library for codices to speed it up and take it to at least 25.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Ta, didn't realise that +lore effects were just for lore not fire lore, so i didn't realise it would go up so fast

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
OP reminded me of Shark Game so I clicked the link to see if I still had a save.

I don't even remember if these numbers are good, it's been so long (Looks like it was early in a run, which sucks):

So what about Clickraid2, is that any good?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

So after unlocking Chronomancy and Time Split I was both resting and studying Chronomancy at the same time and holy poo poo if that isn't some actual "wizard loving with the rules of reality" poo poo. :v:

E:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 26, 2019

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Holy poo poo, spirit lore is a frigging game-changer: keeping whisper and unseen servant up solves so many early problems.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Whoever said the trickster skills didn't make enough money didn't take them far enough to start robbing banks.

Rolling in the gold coins and gems now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

uggggh why is there no auto-focus

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

because focus is "active" play, it's certainly more active than NGU and feels more like a puzzle where you are trying to move the pieces to solve the problem. Oh I can't do anything new and all my skills are maxed, adventure zones are all done what am I missing? OH MY HOUSE! Well that's how I get that extra gold cap! Well time to increase some skill caps and see where this goes! (followed by several moves) I've become one with nature, become obsessed with fire and nearly burned down my shack, slept on the floor a bunch of smelly animals because I didn't have room for a bed and now I own an inn instead of renting a room at an inn.

I wonder if it's the same inn

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
How do I make an Air Gem? I can only make an Arcane one right now

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I do like that unlike a d&d wizard that goes on adventures all the time, this game has you living like a hermit in a tower trying to learn how to speak the language of birds.

This genre really does open up exploration into some character types that don't work in other games.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Fool posted:

Whoever said the trickster skills didn't make enough money didn't take them far enough to start robbing banks.

Rolling in the gold coins and gems now.

I have no idea what do with all this gold and gems except get more furniture to store more gold and gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Are there any obvious class picks for T2-4? I kinda wish they offered a preview of what their thing was before committing.