Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wiegieman posted:

Liked Captain America this week. At least he's finally just kicking the poo poo out of bad guys after a bunch of wishy-washy writers.

Hasn't Coates been writing it for over a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm kinda bummed about the ending to this week's Superior Spider-Man. I think the book's been really great, so I hope the ending doesn't stick or is a fakeout of some kind.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
quite enjoyed the patsy walker story in todays fearless by evil games industry destroyer zoe quinn

Skwirl posted:

lol yeah

Little Mac posted:

I'm kinda bummed about the ending to this week's Superior Spider-Man. I think the book's been really great, so I hope the ending doesn't stick or is a fakeout of some kind.

yikes, yeah just finished it. thats not cool

site fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 26, 2019

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Little Mac posted:

I hope it's a fakeout, it seems out of character for Otto to ask a higher (or lower) power for help. That seems like a scrub-tier Spider-Man move.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, both Spider-Gwen & ASM continue to be great.

I'm pretty much 100% certain that Kindred is Harry Osborn at this point.

Anya Corazon/Arana/Spider-Girl is wearing a modified/updated version of that costume (I think without the boots/sleeves).

And plus, let's be honest, this book's probably not going to be around long (no matter how good it is, unfortunately) and the next writer will revert it back.

Very femme mannerisms make me think it's Gwen

Edit: also bummed at Superior and in love with hellcats kawaii new pal

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ok, what’s going on with Superior?

And is Venom Island that island that he fought Darkhawk on and faked his death?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Open Marriage Night posted:

Ok, what’s going on with Superior?

Norman (from another earth) kidnaps a kid and says he'll kill him unless Otto visibly and undeniably kills three innocent people on camera. Otto decides he can't beat Norman, but maybe the man he once was can, so he calls Mephisto, and the only deal Mephisto will accept is where Otto reverts to his old self permanently. We never see Otto actually accept the deal, so I really hope it's a fakeout, but the last page is classic Doc Ock beating up thugs. So I really hope we're not three for three on Spider-men making deals with Mephisto.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Argue posted:

Norman (from another earth) kidnaps a kid and says he'll kill him unless Otto visibly and undeniably kills three innocent people on camera. Otto decides he can't beat Norman, but maybe the man he once was can, so he calls Mephisto, and the only deal Mephisto will accept is where Otto reverts to his old self permanently. We never see Otto actually accept the deal, so I really hope it's a fakeout, but the last page is classic Doc Ock beating up thugs. So I really hope we're not three for three on Spider-men making deals with Mephisto.

:wtf: :psyduck: :wtf:

That's.. Like I get it, you don't want to lose your good villains to hero or anti-hero status or there'll be no one to punch, but geez

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hopefully it’s a fakeout, and they’re playing with the OMD parallels. I guess it’s an alternate universe Norman because the regular one is busy in ASM.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Hopefully it’s a fakeout, and they’re playing with the OMD parallels. I guess it’s an alternate universe Norman because the regular one is busy in ASM.

it's specifically the Spider-powered version from Spider-Geddon, the one hanging out with the Spider-Man who is made of spiders

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Argue posted:

Like that sounds like a really good cliffhanger, since it generates a lot of emotion. As opposed to "dude is inside a building that blows up. Does he survive?"

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I found it funny that his old body still has the bowl-cut. What a monkey's paw scenario.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Archyduchess posted:

I found it funny that his old body still has the bowl-cut. What a monkey's paw scenario.

Sounds like classic Mephisto deal. This is why you have the Leader work up the contract.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
From my knowledge, the Superior Spider-Man comic isn't ending, so I highly doubt Otto would just be the old Doc Ock again on a permanent basis because...then no Superior Spider-Man.

Let's also not forget that the Clone Conspiracy sort of kicked this off, so clones.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

enigmahfc posted:

From my knowledge, the Superior Spider-Man comic isn't ending, so I highly doubt Otto would just be the old Doc Ock again on a permanent basis because...then no Superior Spider-Man.

It is ending. (no solicits in November)

I do think this is a good way of playing on comic book readers' expectations. In literally any other type of media I think it would be very obviously a fakeout. In superhero comics? As far as we know, the book is ending, and we all know that Marvel and DC love finding ways to reset characters to status quo, so now it's a toss-up. My guess is also clones, yeah, so they can have their cake and eat it.

There should be a scene where he says something like "yeah i realized that in order to be a hero I could never assent to a deal with literally the devil" then Peter and Miles go "oh uhm agreed".

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Blockhouse posted:

the Spider-Man who is made of spiders

Who? Oh! You must mean Spiders-Man.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

When did Miles make a deal with Mephisto?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
he does it in champions

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

site posted:

he does it in champions

Maybe be it's a right of passage as a Spider-person. Gotta do deals with mephisto.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I mean, one way to explain classic Ock showing up (if it's not Mephisto's deal) might be Otto using the Stunner gear to impersonate his old self (he's done it before, after all).

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Argue posted:

It is ending. (no solicits in November)

well, gently caress

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Apparently it was always meant to be a 12-issue story, though. So was FNSM, but apparently that got a few extra issues due to high sales.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

El Tortuga posted:

Who? Oh! You must mean Spiders-Man.

So when you get Peter, Miles, PBP, Ben Reilly (does he still count?), etc., are they collectively Spiders Man without the hyphen, like courts martial?

I tried to ask JJJ but he just gave me that same old slander/libel rant, so I slowly backed out of the room while discretely breaking eye contact.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Maybe be it's a right of passage as a Spider-person. Gotta do deals with mephisto.

Next issue of Ghost-Spider features him just popping up in front of Gwen and saying "Look, you're new here, let's get this over with. Anything I can do for you with the possibility for a cruel twist?"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I can't wait for Anansi to come out trickster Mephisto

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Marvel's got a Warhammer line next year

https://www.newsarama.com/47145-marvel-recruits-warhammer-for-new-comic-book-line.html?utm_source=notification

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Skwirl posted:

I'm coming back to this late, but I'm referring to stuff like having Captain loving America look down from a rooftop on neo-nazis clashing with counter protestors and not jumping down to help kick the poo poo out of nazis, which was everything before Coates for like 3 years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wiegieman posted:

I'm coming back to this late, but I'm referring to stuff like having Captain loving America look down from a rooftop on neo-nazis clashing with counter protestors and not jumping down to help kick the poo poo out of nazis, which was everything before Coates for like 3 years.

Yeah, Nick Spencer is a terrible writer, I'm suspicious of everyone saying nice things about his Spider-Man, I'm sure something terrible is about to happen.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Spencer's Spider-man has been thoroughly ok. Seemed like a bit of fresh air after Slott's last too many years, but Spencer's run is just as mediocre as anything in Dan's run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

And waid before him

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Looks like Kerion Gillan is coming back to Marvel.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dreqqus posted:

Spencer's Spider-man has been thoroughly ok. Seemed like a bit of fresh air after Slott's last too many years, but Spencer's run is just as mediocre as anything in Dan's run.

How can it be mediocre when it's back to basics and joking about superhero genre conventions while doing them anyway?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Looks like Kerion Gillan is coming back to Marvel.

https://twitter.com/kierongillen/status/1178725560714956805?s=19

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's exactly it. I hope its like their Star Wars line, some adaptions and some original material. Also Abnett is probably the most well known writer of Warhammer books, so i'd not be surprised to see him come back and do stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

That's exactly it. I hope its like their Star Wars line, some adaptions and some original material. Also Abnett is probably the most well known writer of Warhammer books, so i'd not be surprised to see him come back and do stuff.

Is Abnett exclusive to DC right now?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm really digging Spencer's ASM, but that might just be because I'm a ride-or-die Peter/MJ shipper. I feel like Spencer really gets the characters.

Speaking of Spidey, both Black Cat & Spider-Verse are out tomorrow! Big day for Vulpes Vulpes.

Also Marvel Comics #1001, which at least includes a one-page Renew Your Vows story, too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Is Abnett exclusive to DC right now?

AH nuts, he is, isn't he?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

he jokes but i legit give it 3 months before the warhammer/conan/avengers crossover is announced

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

he jokes but i legit give it 3 months before the warhammer/conan/avengers crossover is announced

It might, but the thing with Conan crossing over into Avengers is that he's public domain, so Marvel doesn't have to worry about 10 years from now when they no longer have rights to the character, (ahh, who am I kidding, Disney will probably buy Games Workshop for less than the catering budget of the next Avengers film).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm really digging Spencer's ASM, but that might just be because I'm a ride-or-die Peter/MJ shipper. I feel like Spencer really gets the characters.

Speaking of Spidey, both Black Cat & Spider-Verse are out tomorrow! Big day for Vulpes Vulpes.

Also Marvel Comics #1001, which at least includes a one-page Renew Your Vows story, too.

And Bizarre Adventures, which has my barbarian BLOODSTONE story in it (as I sit in the car typing this, Iron Maiden is playing which is very apropos)

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 1, 2019