Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I dont get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Third World War killed everyone.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The photo is of the “Highway of Death” from the first Persian Gulf War.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Norwegian advertisers dresses up toddlers as pimps:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dagbladet.no%2Fkultur%2Fendrer-reklame-etter-klagestorm%2F71635413

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Prices at the new Chase Center basketball stadium

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I don’t know, it makes sense to me. $11 will get you a slice of pizza, which toppings is up to your personal preference. At these prices, you’re not paying for the cost of the food, you’re paying to eat in a venue you can’t exit easily to get food elsewhere. See also airports, movie theaters.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ok it's a smart marketing move, I just hate it.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
If the event is cheap enough, like a game, you can buy an extra ticket for the cheapest seats available. That will let you leave to do whatever and come back, and you can get back to your original seats.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Can you like NOT eat for 2 hours, lardass?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Nitrox posted:

Can you like NOT eat for 2 hours, lardass?

Tell that to a screaming kid who is disrupting the show for every one. Yes, discipline your kids better, but sometimes, you just have to get out of there for whatever reason. It would be a shame to miss the entire show because you needed fresh air when you can just buy a couple of spare tickets for $20 or so.

But yes, I agree with the sentiment.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

Prices at the new Chase Center basketball stadium

Doobie got a Pizza license?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

In places where they don't allow outside food I can understand being angry over inflated prices, but if they do, it's your own fault you're "forced" to pay high prices. I work at a zoo and get all sorts of nasty comments and it's like, you could have packed your own lunch, no one stopped you from doing that. We have picnic tables everywhere and microwaves available for public use. Sorry you're inept at planning a day out I guess. Don't take it out on me, I didn't set the price.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Double Punctuation posted:

Tell that to a screaming kid who is disrupting the show for every one. Yes, discipline your kids better

Or have some courtesy and don't go in the first place.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I never understood people’s desire to go someplace specifically to buy overpriced food, but then again I’m a Goon and probably at least slightly on the spectrum.

And it’s the poorest looking families at Six Flags walking around with 4 kids each holding a $15 commemorative soda mug while I’m trying to convince my child to share some fountain water out of a crumpled cup we bought four hours ago.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Krispy Wafer posted:

I never understood people’s desire to go someplace specifically to buy overpriced food, but then again I’m a Goon and probably at least slightly on the spectrum.

And it’s the poorest looking families at Six Flags walking around with 4 kids each holding a $15 commemorative soda mug while I’m trying to convince my child to share some fountain water out of a crumpled cup we bought four hours ago.

I dunno about that 'look at those poor looking people spending frivolous money!' energy to be honest.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's almost like if a poor family is at Six Flags at all, it's a rare special occassion they probably had to scrimp and save for and they're going to enjoy themselves for once? :thunk:

Also, you factor the overpriced food into the "can we afford to do this?" equation beforehand. It's not like it's a secret you'll be paying three times the normal amount for mediocre food when you go to an amusement park/zoo/concert/museum/whatever.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krispy Wafer posted:

loving christ

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I thought I made a honest and fair observation. It's weird walking around those places and seeing people spend money on really overpriced things when it looks like that represents a significant expense for them. I've spent a lot of money at theme parks, but I looked miserable the entire time I did it.

People will spend money on things they think have value. I can't really dispute what someone else considers a value, but it's weird to me.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Krispy Wafer posted:

I've spent a lot of money at theme parks, but I looked miserable the entire time I did it.

Being a miser is just as bad, fyi

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

I thought I made a honest and fair observation. It's weird walking around those places and seeing people spend money on really overpriced things when it looks like that represents a significant expense for them. I've spent a lot of money at theme parks, but I looked miserable the entire time I did it.

People will spend money on things they think have value. I can't really dispute what someone else considers a value, but it's weird to me.
Most people consider "not being miserable" valuable, and put it in the budget for the theme park trip.

I'll refill a bottle with water but otherwise I'm not worried about the overpriced food that costs a fraction of the ticket.

Though a theme park is much more of a special occasion than an in-season basketball game, those prices suck.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It is a fair and honest observation. Just because the system overall is hugely rigged against those with limited economic opportunities does not mean that those people do not spend money in ways that are not conducive to their welfare, even though it is entirely within their agency to do so.

What you choose to believe about that and what values you ascribe to that is a personal matter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Beep boop you do not spend to the maximum value of your money beep boop

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I’m not convinced there is even a correlation between income and financial savvy, let alone a causative link. There are plenty of supposedly well off people drowning in debt, too.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Some even become president

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Krispy Wafer posted:

You quite often seem like a shithead but this is extraordinary

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pick and krispy wafer what a posting tag team

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The garlic fries are a ripoff but I always get them and feel satisfied. Face it nobody is making garlic fries at home so it's worth the splurge at the baseball game.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mu Zeta posted:

Face it nobody is making garlic fries at home

:wrong:

They’re so much better than the reheated frozen ones that everyone and their mum sells at fairs.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The fries are just a delivery vehicle for the garlic/parsley mix. You could slather that stuff on anything.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Okay so other people have pointed out that you're being a loving classist idiot with stupid ideas, but even you should be able to look at your post and think, "gosh, maybe these poor families with four children don't want to go through four times the misery I'm going through trying to argue my single child to drink sad water out of a garbage cup off the ground that I've been carrying four hours, maybe those four people would rather just let their kids have a souvenir and not loving argue with their four children the way I am"

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm a horrible tight bastard but even I know silly little souvenirs can bring a ray of sunshine into children's lives and provide something solid they remember good events by. My kid wants a pencil sharpener trebuchet to remember the time we saw a bunch of reenactors hurl a flaming sheep corpse 300 yards they're getting one.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm a horrible tight bastard but even I know silly little souvenirs can bring a ray of sunshine into children's lives and provide something solid they remember good events by. My kid wants a pencil sharpener trebuchet to remember the time we saw a bunch of reenactors hurl a flaming sheep corpse 300 yards they're getting one.

please be real please be real please be real

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I feel like killing a sheep for entertainment is fundamentally different than killing a sheep for food.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Beachcomber posted:

I feel like killing a sheep for entertainment is fundamentally different than killing a sheep for food.

For sure, but what if the sheep died naturally? Might as well set it on fire and hurl it with a trebuchet.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

small bird pudding posted:

For sure, but what if the sheep died naturally? Might as well set it on fire and hurl it with a trebuchet.
Depends on your definition of naturally...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Most of those places gives cheap (sometimes free the day of purchase refills) on their souvenir cups. Columbus zoo actually knocks the price down for each cup you buy at once. So when we went last summer they ended up only being like $8/cup instead of the 12 or 13. And since there were 4 adults and 2 children we ended up getting a shitload of refills.

Was it more than it should have been? Yeah sure. Was it nice to just be able to get a drink literally whenever and did it make the kids happy? Absolutely

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I am a miserly cheap person at theme parks so it just hits me as weird when people spend tons of money. That goes for rich families too, but it seems weirder for people who can’t afford much. I can understand and respect why that makes me look like an rear end in a top hat.

cakesmith handyman posted:

This I would buy though.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
bet those people had refrigerators in their home too

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Krispy Wafer posted:

I am a miserly cheap person at theme parks

this is so sad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's how money is intended to work, though. You apply a store of value here or there. It's up to you what you think you value and therefore select, but if you apply it in one place you do not have it available in other places. If that one place is expensive food, ok, but you will not have the same money later.