Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

jackhunter64 posted:

Wasn't shitpost political assassination planning one of the reasons LF was closed?

iirc that was FYAD or someone, LF was closed cause they started going after mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sebzilla posted:

Jess Phillips is so poo poo, could anyone else not be doing this question ffs

Have just gone back to watch this and honestly, I don't particularly like Jess Phillips but I thought her question was good and she handled it very well.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

when jess isnt briefing agianst the party shes fine
so shes been fine since... yesterday?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

As the chat of unity government is back I would like to put a name out there:

Ed Milliband.

He would be liked by the memebers of the party.

He has a good rep with the libs.

He would probably be happy to a be the lightning rod for all the poo poo that will come with it.

He would honourably stand aside when the time comes.

He is from labour which is an absolute must for whoever leads this abomination.

And the best reason would be to completely pwn David Cameron and his tweet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh poo poo bald spot

https://twitter.com/Essence/status/1176839497423695872

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This is the best ad never run, naturally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GL5lzMJomY

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/justin-murphy-greta-thunberg-jeffrey-epstein

quote:

One man’s take: If Greta Thunberg can talk about climate change, why can’t kids be prostitutes?

Justin Murphy, formerly “a respectable member of the organized left,” has provided the internet with a prime example of what not to tweet.

Hoping to piggyback on the dialogue inspired by Greta Thunberg’s impassioned speech at the United Nations yesterday, Murphy tweeted, “Not even being provocative but if you think Greta Thunberg has the maturity to guide global policy-making then you cannot object to Jeffrey Epstein paying 16-year-olds for sex.”

Justin Murphy
@jmrphy
Not even being provocative but if you think Greta Thunberg has the maturity to guide global policy-making then you cannot object to Jeffrey Epstein paying 16-year-olds for sex.

4:44 AM - Sep 25, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
20.9K people are talking about this
Murphy’s argument—that prostituting minors should be legal if people also listen to their opinions— was of the rarest quality: It brought together people from left, right and center. As one, united voice, they annihilated him. This will be a familiar experience for the former University of Southampton professor who once opined that people who are pro-choice should also support necrophilia.

“Definitely not being provocative, but Justin Murphy has never once registered in broader consciousness except by comparing things to paedophilia, necrophilia, eugenics, and so on. It’s like clockwork. Just when you think he’ll never be mentioned again, this schtick reappears,” said one presumably horrified person. “This dude has the tremor from Tremors plus Kevin Bacon in his brain,” another quipped.

“Not even being provocative but if you think teenagers get to have political opinions then maybe child rape is also fine? Like and subscribe for more libertarian takes using epic logic,” @classiclib3ral responded.

etc

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

forkboy84 posted:

Have just gone back to watch this and honestly, I don't particularly like Jess Phillips but I thought her question was good and she handled it very well.

It was still very heavy on I, me etc.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
If you like ice cream why do you say it's not ok to murder someone by smashing their head in with a hammer?

Really makes you think

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sebzilla posted:

It was still very heavy on I, me etc.

Yeah, but she was used her personal relationship with Jo Cox in very powerful way.

LOL Bernard Jenkins whining about MPs bringing up Jo Cox's name because it shows how dangerous the language of the PM is. Outrageous.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1177179291311886336?s=20

"The Prime Minister is a human."

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 26, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

notaspy posted:

And the best reason would be to completely pwn David Cameron and his tweet.

Hello, it's me, the rational libertarian. I'm going to blow your mind with the one question that's so controversial that society can't cope with my brain.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to be a nonce? Not that I am one of course, but why shouldn't I be allowed to be one? Please society let me be a big nonce.

Thank you for watching my YouTube, please like and subscribe.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
:chaostrump:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Shows that at least Charles has one biological son.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/tamcohen/status/1177129696334667776?s=21

:getin:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I've never understood why everyone was so sure Harry isn't Charles' kid. 'He has the same hair colour as a different toff' isn't a strong argument when they're all inbred with each other

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tsaedje posted:

I've never understood why everyone was so sure Harry isn't Charles' kid. 'He has the same hair colour as a different toff' isn't a strong argument when they're all inbred with each other

It coincided with Diana having an affair with another chap didn't it?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
anyone else starting to get nostalgic for the long gone days of rock bottom

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

anyone else starting to get nostalgic for the long gone days of rock bottom

Sometimes. And then sometimes I'm down for the ride.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think it was Diana and the bodyguard

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

CyberPingu posted:

It coincided with Diana having an affair with another chap didn't it?

Do you reckon the royal family knows which way it is?

I imagine having a DNA sample of the ruling fam would be reasonably standard.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Charles is Harry's dad because it says so on the birth certificate and because he considers Charles his dad and Charles considers him his son. ~10% of people have a different biodad to their dad, some people even have a different biomam.

Obsession with blood and biofam is dumb and tied up with 'cuck' logic and the right. You could argue it's fair game with Harry because the Royals literally run on right wing blood and biofam logic, but like mock them for that and the 50 other reasons that they're terrible rather than Cuck Charles stuff.

Private Speech posted:

I imagine having a DNA sample of the ruling fam would be reasonably standard.
It should be disposed of like the Russian and American smallpox samples should be. Can't risk more.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Charles is Harry's dad because it says so on the birth certificate and because he considers Charles his dad and Charles considers him his son. ~10% of people have a different biodad to their dad, some people even have a different biomam.

Obsession with blood and biofam is dumb and tied up with 'cuck' logic and the right. You could argue it's fair game with Harry because the Royals literally run on right wing blood and biofam logic, but like mock them for that and the 50 other reasons that they're terrible rather than Cuck Charles stuff.

It should be disposed of like the Russian and American smallpox samples should be. Can't risk more.

This is the correct opinion ITT.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Parentage is less important in lizard families anyway.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

I always thought Harry looks like Duke of Edinburgh anyway - the eyes are very close together.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

He does look a lot like James Hewitt. It's more than just the hair colour. But yeah, he still has most of his hair, Diana's brother still has his, so it does seem unlikely the bald isn't from Chuck.

But yes, none of this actually matters.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

author of allitterate article something something

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Angrymog posted:

As someone who's instinctive reaction to being hugged by surprise is to tell the hugger to gently caress off, someone who keeps getting 'too friendly' when drunk, who keeps drinking in a social situation, needs to not be near me when they're drunk. (Not one of Josef's RL friends, just someone who seems to have the same boundaries).

He may be a sweetheart most of the time, but he doesn't have a right to make people uncomfortable.

Exactly, this is why I am doing all the changing stuff. No excuses, just accepting it and moving forward.

Thank you to all the nice replies!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

forkboy84 posted:

p
But yes, none of this actually matters.
It matters a whole loving lot because this is a hereditary royal family we're talking about. The whole basis for their continued existence and why its them is based on parentage.

Nothing else is actually more important to the institution of royalty. I'm a roundhead myself so I say get rid of the lot of them but saying that who their parents are doesn't matter is a mega dumb take.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I have a strong dislike of capitalism.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Guavanaut posted:

i completely agree with making children bear the burden of their parents' indiscretions is awful. something i'm a bit conflicted on is whether to criticise the parents themselves for being unable to keep it in their pants. on one hand it's a symptom of an unhappy marriage, lots of otherwise good people cheat because they feel stuck with someone they don't love, a big ol fraction of marriages end in divorce, etc, etc. but at the same time it's cheating come the hell on

also i cared nothing for the royals until finding out about william's affairs and that whole thing makes me crack up. sins of the father, etc

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I'm quite sure I remember a news story from several years ago that said that Harry had had a blood test that confirmed that Charles was his father (and that Diana always insisted that her affair with James Hewitt started after Harry was born). But I don't think it even matters very much in terms of royal succession nerdery, since Harry is several people away from the throne anyway. It's really just being nosy about the love lives of complete strangers, which I find dreary no matter who it is.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Jollity Farm posted:

I'm quite sure I remember a news story from several years ago that said that Harry had had a blood test that confirmed that Charles was his father (and that Diana always insisted that her affair with James Hewitt started after Harry was born). But I don't think it even matters very much in terms of royal succession nerdery, since Harry is several people away from the throne anyway. It's really just being nosy about the love lives of complete strangers, which I find dreary no matter who it is.
The strangers who unlawfully own thousands of acres of British land, multiple palaces and grand homes, privileged by hundreds of years of wars that British and foreign people have died for in their name and who we directly pay tax to every year. Yeah, those strangers, we should just ignore them and let them do whatever they want without any scrutiny.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
yeah ill stop mocking the royal family when theyre not a royal family

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Guavanaut posted:

more.
Yeah this is very true.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Miftan posted:

woah let's tone down the rhetoric please

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Flayer posted:

It matters a whole loving lot because this is a hereditary royal family we're talking about. The whole basis for their continued existence and why its them is based on parentage.

Nothing else is actually more important to the institution of royalty. I'm a roundhead myself so I say get rid of the lot of them but saying that who their parents are doesn't matter is a mega dumb take.

Thanks to our constitutional monarchy it doesn't actually matter, because it's on Parliament to decide who is the next in line to the throne. If it was purely hereditary that nice bloke with the dogs in Bavaria would be King now.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Miftan posted:

i also hate capitalisation

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Good thread:

https://twitter.com/davies_will/status/1177197685528567809

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jollity Farm posted:

Yeah Hewitt or Charles being his dad matters a lot less than his mixed-race wife to the people who care about this kind of thing. Notice how they didn't get married (which absolutely requires the permission of the Queen) until Kate had pumped out the heir and the spare, despite being in a relationship for several years before that (the official story has them not even meeting until 2016 but the US tabloids were reporting his relationship with Megan being the reason he split up with that Sloaney bird that looked a lot like his mum in 2014)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Miftan posted:

Huh. You've given me something to think about there