Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Todd Haynes directs Ruffalo blowing Dupont's whistle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAOuhyunhY
Ruffalo and Hathaway look awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Uncut Gems trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfJp2Ts9X8

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I'm def gonna watch. Sandler looks good, story looks ok maybe a bit cookie cutter, but the texture of that film is going to make me watch regardless. It looks visually amazing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

This will be the year that Adam Sandler wins best actor and Shia LeBoeuf wins best supporting actor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yes please.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLUn2DFW4w

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

alright I'll do it:

that looks like some lovely vanity project with some nice trailer editing (of course)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ahhhhhh I feel like I need to rewatch the series

cappaj
Jul 29, 2019

I'm looking forward to this! I've always wondered how/if Jesse could come back from everything that happened in the series.

Also, it looks like a lot of El Camino is going to be a revenge movie? (Which I'm cool with!)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I saw that Mike has been cast? Flashbacks??

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Why'd Sandler start being good like a year ago. He tried to be Important like twenty years ago, but immediately quit and kept his old poo poo up, the gently caress did the sony/netflix deal do to the guy

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 24, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

Why'd Sandler start being good like a year ago. He tried to be Important like twenty years ago, but immediately quit and kept his old poo poo up, the gently caress did the sony/netflix deal do to the guy

He's peppered several dramas between PDL and now. No reason to think he wont go right back and make Ridiculous 7.

e: There was Murder Mystery and a Hotel Transelvania sequel between Weyerowitz/The Week Of and this. Business as usual.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 24, 2019

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Sandler looks like he is roleplaying as John Torturro in that trailer.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He didnt start getting serious. He's just a producer of dogshit who sometimes does something serious, and sometimes out of those times it's something serious with a talented director...and then it's good (and not just Reign Over Me)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Though count me as someone who never enjoyed "classic sandler" movies either, just puerile dogshit for white kids
I guess i may have laughed at opera man when i was 8 years old

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He's usually the worst part of his serious movies

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Armie Hammer found a cellphone in his bar and then there's a lot of blood and bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21NsBTI6kHY

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
The fact that Uncut Gems is an A24 picture makes me interested, but that trailer and everything in it looks completely uninteresting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Armie Hammer found a cellphone in his bar and then there's a lot of blood and bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21NsBTI6kHY

Under the Shadow was a great movie. Hopefully this gets a theatrical release here cause we ain’t got no Hulu.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

MeinPanzer posted:

The fact that Uncut Gems is an A24 picture makes me interested, but that trailer and everything in it looks completely uninteresting.
Watch Good Time if you haven't. It's definitely why I'm on the hype train for this one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I didn’t think Good Time was anything to rave about, but it was fun though that I’ll be checking out Gems at some point.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Good Time rules, gently caress, so propulsive!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

On one hand I respect Sandlers grift. He is getting his unremarkable pals bank and sends em to exotic locations to make poo poo tier movies. If you look back all his movies are like this and take place in insanely nice locations. They are filled with product placement to bring down costs and he just makes these movies without anyone giving a poo poo. So while they can't headline movies anymore they get some cash coming in without having to work too hard.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

On one hand I respect Sandlers grift. He is getting his unremarkable pals bank and sends em to exotic locations to make poo poo tier movies. If you look back all his movies are like this and take place in insanely nice locations. They are filled with product placement to bring down costs and he just makes these movies without anyone giving a poo poo. So while they can't headline movies anymore they get some cash coming in without having to work too hard.

Yeah, it's hard not to respect a guy who keeps his pals employed and basically gets them and their families exotic vacations. He'd probably be an awesome friend to have, to be honest.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I wouldn't even say it's a grift. Everyone seems to be happy and making money off of it (and employing tons of film crew members) without hurting anybody.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I’ve got a trailer for a Belgian movie that is very :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eB7pXS1mA8 :nws:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That looks great.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jemaine out of nowhere

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
There should be an action movie co-starring Belgian John Travolta and Hungarian Charles Bronson

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The Irishman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLiZpa7e-Rw

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looks like a gangster movie, alright.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I have a bad feeling about this... it looks like Scorsese fanfiction. I'm guessing it's going to be perfectly boring and average with a bunch of mediocre performances from incredible actors.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

MeinPanzer posted:

I have a bad feeling about this... it looks like Scorsese fanfiction. I'm guessing it's going to be perfectly boring and average with a bunch of mediocre performances from incredible actors.

The De-aging doesn't look as bad as I thought, but I can't help but feel the same way.
I read Sheeran's book, and it seemed pretty loose with facts as well (he claims he delivered some rifles to government guys that ended up killing Kennedy, which makes no sense at all). Based on the footage of Kennedy in the trailer I'm assuming they took his stories at face value.

Also while I understand it's DeNiro, having him play someone who looks as Irish as the day is long probably wasn't the best choice. Is Brian Dennehey still alive? (Edit: I guess there is precedence for this, he looked nothing like Jimmy Conway either)

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 26, 2019

life of lemons
Sep 7, 2005

I steal stuff all the time.

Is there something wrong with my youtube? It looks like an interlaced video; very distracting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bad upload I’m guessing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s amazing how often badly processed video still ends up being used in 2019 where this poo poo is so much easier than it used to be. From professionals too, not just kids on YouTube. The amount of times I see something on TV or in a documentary and it’s obvious that the field order is the wrong way around or something similar.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Incidentally, I wish everything would upload to Youtube in 4k, even if it's an upscale. The 1080P bitrate is baloney.

cappaj
Jul 29, 2019

AFewBricksShy posted:

The De-aging doesn't look as bad as I thought, but I can't help but feel the same way.

This is probably more on me than the movie, but just knowing that they used de-aging had me playing "are they de-aged in this scene?" the whole time, which was very distracting. Combined with this:

life of lemons posted:

Is there something wrong with my youtube? It looks like an interlaced video; very distracting.

I had a lot of trouble not being distracted! But yeah, it feels like it's going to be mostly mediocre. I'm sure it'll have some highlights, but it seems like a "hey let's all collect that big Netflix paycheck" kind of movie.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s amazing how often badly processed video still ends up being used in 2019 where this poo poo is so much easier than it used to be. From professionals too, not just kids on YouTube. The amount of times I see something on TV or in a documentary and it’s obvious that the field order is the wrong way around or something similar.

Pretend I uploaded the obligatory Mummy video with the missing sound and music stems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

life of lemons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjrzu37-ljI

this is the official source