Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

The "mattering" is that impeachment is basically a death sentence for re-election (in theory) as it gives opponents (both R's and Dems' running against him) infinite ammunition.

I don't think that's true. At the time of the 2016 election it was a matter of public record that Trump was a crook who planned to use the powers of the presidency against his political enemies - that's what his voters wanted and still want. He tried to do to Joe Biden exactly what he promised to do to Hilary Clinton before winning the election.

TyrantWD posted:

You will also have the 200+ elected republican officials across both houses of congress on the record as voting to support someone who committed an egregious offense that is easily understood by the public.

I agree with this - impeachment will tear the GOP into two unequally sized chunks, one for Trump and one against, and voters might vote for one and not the other. Although that also happened in 2016.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

skylined! posted:

Honestly surprised Paul Manafort is still alive.

Kind of agree with this one tbh.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I don't think that's true. At the time of the 2016 election it was a matter of public record that Trump was a crook who planned to use the powers of the presidency against his political enemies - that's what his voters wanted and still want. He tried to do to Joe Biden exactly what he promised to do to Hilary Clinton before winning the election.

This isn't about trump cultists and 'delete all taxes' voters. It's about the people that have not been paying attention this entire time, that can look up at a TV in a waiting room somewhere and see 'PRESIDENT CRIMES BEING IMPEACHED' and suddenly maybe they'll fuckin vote.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/TWIT_ANTHONY/status/1177178082677071877

What is going on with these tweets???

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Where is the lie?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Hope everyone is girding themselves to slog through endless hours today of republicans being all “why would anyone think what the president did is wrong? Its just normal presidential business!”

Cause thats what they are all gonna say.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Hope everyone is girding themselves to slog through endless hours today of republicans being all “why would anyone think what the president did is wrong? Its just normal presidential business!”

Who loving cares what the GOP says anymore.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Republicans are very dumb. News at 11.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

SpaceCadetBob posted:

You can ignore the sycophantic responses through this entire ordeal. All that matters is how the public respond (and of course the course of action the house takes in investigating, etc)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

what is the "power stance" poo poo. I must have missed it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tory_power_stance

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Well obviously. Doesn’t mean we aren’t going to have to listen to it all loving day.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Pretty sure that guy responds with sarcastic trump supporting trash to every one of trump's tweets. Look at his timeline.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

With the whistleblower stuff bringing back Manafort and Trump-Russia, since communications between Trump and Ukraine apparently includes instructions not just to investigate the Bidens but to cover-up Russian interference, were going to get a reinvestigation of Mueller and the obstruction there, too?

They might narrow the scope to just Ukraine, but it's all connected, even euoloments.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Well obviously. Doesn’t mean we aren’t going to have to listen to it all loving day.

You can... turn it off?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

sean10mm posted:

There are exactly two republicans who might say something interesting today: our President of the United States Donald John Trump and his personal attorney Mayor Rudolph Guiliani

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

There are exactly two republicans who might say something interesting today: our President of the United States Donald John Trump and his personal attorney Mayor Rudolph Guiliani

People keep talking about manafort but I'm fairly certain Guiliani will be the first to get whacked.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
How have the WH aides not locked Rudy in a room far away from cameras yet?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

TyrantWD posted:

You will also have the 200+ elected republican officials across both houses of congress on the record as voting to support someone who committed an egregious offense that is easily understood by the public.

I think most people on the republican side are already too far gone and there is nothing trump could do to make them doubt him, I mean they thin he was ordained by god for christs sake. There are also a great number of independents that are also too far gone. My hope is that we can peel of some of the less conservative independents and that this impeachment gets the progressives that havent voted recently to vote because they havent wanted to vote for right wing democrats. It will be exciting to see how the progressives get amped up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The worst part of gainful employment is that I won't be able to follow this through the day and at this point I'm expecting eight batshit insane things to happen before lunch.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

"He triggers the libs!"

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's probably like trying to wrangle a spider monkey.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

literally the only guy willing to go on TV to defend Trump on days like this

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
If being a constant source of entertainment is 'triggering', then sure

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

literally the only guy willing to go on TV to defend Trump on days like this

It would be objectively better for Trump if he didn't.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

:ironicat:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177182149050609664

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

People seem to forget that there aren’t any actual adults in the WH anymore.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, there's the new thread title.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

This works better if you read it from the very top and put a comma where the blue checkmark is.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

The worst part of gainful employment is that I won't be able to follow this through the day and at this point I'm expecting eight batshit insane things to happen before lunch.

It's gonna be a strange day for me, but on one hand it looks like circumstances aligned for an ultra-productive day, on the other... these news, and I am Ukrainian-American, too...

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/stavernise/status/1177045727450730499?s=19

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1177176523108958210?s=19

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1177177922941140994?s=19

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1177180176398131207?s=19

A preview of how the impeachment proceedings will be covered.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I always expect the GOP to do nonstop gaslighting and grandstanding. They literally have a mouthpiece that ensures that republican voters stay completely misinformed in fox news. I guarantee most of these chuds are not going to konw what is going on. Have you ever read the chud comments on a progressive youtube video? Yeah the chuds are going to be that misinformed but with conviction. There will be nothing that any of us can say to them that will shake them in their faith that trump has been wrongfully accused. I mean c'mon. they think that his presidency is going well and he is actually getting a lot of work done when the reality is the only thing he has done is cut his own taxes and live tweet fox and friends.

which republican senator do you want to see most get taken down by this inquiry? Im hoping for Graham. He is just so insufferable. the congressperson i hope gets taken down is duncan hunter.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Well I mean he's not wrong it's just it's him

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

WITCH HUNT?
NO, COLLUSION!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is amazing, they literally recycled the same exact loving voters from "the heart of Trump Country, his base remains unshaken" as swing voters who were going to vote Dem but impeachment changed their mind. Brazen.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Let the fast readers tell us whats in it:

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1177200930346938368

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177201221872082946

efb drat

Gonna be a lot of subpoenas issued by tomorrow afternoon.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

canepazzo posted:

This is amazing, they literally recycled the same exact loving voters from "the heart of Trump Country, his base remains unshaken" as swing voters who were going to vote Dem but impeachment changed their mind. Brazen.

The public editor ought to do something about it. Oh.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1177201829429633024?s=19

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1176932022863794177
What the gently caress?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hey perfect timing I just got up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SpannerX posted:

What the gently caress?

He said this while ranting, it has no legal force.