Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Paradoxish posted:

But it's not perfect. This is what I'm still not understanding. What could possibly be on the original transcript? The transcript we got is wildly damning. It is the smoking gun.

It's also not a transcript, don't fall for the Republican framing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
EW EW EW EW EW

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

FUSION GPS
BRUCE OHR
NUDE PICTURES OF TRUMP

lol Nunes can gently caress off

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This dude on the right is Nunes? He sounds like he’s giving a presentation he did a single all-nighter for.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Zophar posted:

gently caress Devin Nunes, gently caress Barr, gently caress Rudy Guiliani, gently caress Mitch McConnell, gently caress Trump, gently caress the entire GOP.

Uh not an empty quote 100% this.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Who the gently caress would actually want pics of Trump nude?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Oh god Nunes is going into the same conspiracy theory bullshit that the ancient boomer coworker told me about yesterday. “Trump wasn’t colluding, it was THE DEMs! The party is collapsing, they’ll all be in prison in a week!” He then admitted that “only Fox is talking about this”.

This parallel universe poo poo is so tiresome, gently caress you Ailes and may there be a hell for you to rot in from you cursing us with this bullshit.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Nunes doesn't sound like he believes what he's saying. Low energy. SAD.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Nice bothsides defense, Nunes.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
"Cruelly incompetent persona" was coined by Hunter S. Thompson to describe Nixon, but it applies so perfectly to so many Republicans.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
Anything deleted off a classified system would not only record who did it and when, but metadata about the document itself. Anyone with access to something THAT classified would be a vanishingly small list of people.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Dinosaurs! posted:

lol Nunes claiming this “witch hunt” is damaging our country when they spent how many years on birtherism?

Don't forget that dastardly Ben Ghazi. And emails.

It's almost like Republicans are hypocritical bad-faith ghouls or something.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I don't understand how Schiff didn't reach over and strangle that little shiteater.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mahoning posted:

Nunes doesn't sound like he believes what he's saying. Low energy. SAD.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1177213503511367680

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Rime posted:

I don't understand how Schiff didn't reach over and strangle that little shiteater.

I'm increasingly convinced that kind of restraint is one of the only requirements for congressional office.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
ok what'd I miss late last night/this morning

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Actually he lost that lawsuit :laffo:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ManBoyChef posted:

what is the "power stance" poo poo. I must have missed it

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/30/tories-keep-standing-like-7510305/amp/

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Lol Schiff tried to jump right into the questions without letting the DNI read his opening statement and then realized his mistake. He's so eager to start questioning.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The actual report is only a few pages long so I would encourage everyone to read it.

Summarizing:

- Trump asked for political favors from Ukraine on a call that featured several people. Call was first reported on by the Ukranian side as a "discussion about corruption"

- Once the admin realized how awful it was, they sent it to a server that is supposed to only hold the most classified of information, essentially burying it in paperwork. Supposedly there is an actual transcript of the conversation.

- Members of the admin have been repeatedly sent to advise the Ukranians how to "navigate" Trump's demands.

- Rudy Giuliani was a major player directly, Barr's connection was less established in the document.

There's more but if this can be shown to be credible enough to convince the public then we are about to have an interesting week.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Rime posted:

I like to think they're well practiced at completely tuning him out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

ok what'd I miss late last night/this morning

The whistle-blower memo basically described all the crimes and said how to get all the evidence. It's not a treasure map, it's more like a list of GPS coordinates with samples of the exact kind of gold coins you can find at each location.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's also not a transcript, don't fall for the Republican framing

It doesn't matter what it is. The words in it literally amount to "I am committing a crime right now." The content of it is incredibly damning. If the content of what we have isn't enough, then I'm not sure what productive purpose is served by worrying about an unsanitized version.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
An important detail I missed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1177211410784366593

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mahoning posted:

Yeah, I just skimmed this whole thing and it's nothing we didn't already know or suspect, so theres no "bombshell" of that sort. But it pretty much details how this has been an ongoing thing since May and how obviously they all know they're breaking the law because they're attempting to cover up what they're doing. It also inculpates Barr in addition to Rudy.

And nothing was really witnessed firsthand by the whistleblower, but there appears to be half a dozen people in the administration that knew this was super illegal and ratted Trump out to the whistleblower.

edit: June is not July

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DandyLion posted:

He's struggling to get his speech out. He's already slipped up in his quotes and his voice is wavering. He looks pretty uncomfortable.

this. he looks super shook. he isn't pulling off the indigent anger today.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

CuddleCryptid posted:

There's more but if this can be shown to be credible enough to convince the public then we are about to have an interesting week.

So you’re telling us it’s Infrastructure Week?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Does Rudy have a security clearance? Because if not lol a ton of people are going to prison.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

This...these were the talking points the GOP spent all night trying to come up with to counter this? Greatest Hits conspiracy theories and “whataboutism” from the 2016 playbook?

Lol they are hosed

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

This...these were the talking points the GOP spent all night trying to come up with to counter this? Greatest Hits conspiracy theories and “whataboutism” from the 2016 playbook?

Lol they are hosed

I mean, it worked for them last time.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Is this "I AM TOTALLY A GOOD AND HONORABLE GOVERNMENT PERSON" speech a typical thing?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

cr0y posted:

Does Rudy have a security clearance? Because if not lol a ton of people are going to prison.
Not that i am aware of

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Roluth posted:

Is this "I AM TOTALLY A GOOD AND HONORABLE GOVERNMENT PERSON" speech a typical thing?

Whichever way he goes, one side is going to want to tear him down and destroy his credibility. This is him defending against that.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I turned to CNN because I was curious to see what was happening and what the anchors were saying. It was right as Schiff turned the floor over to Nunes and Nunes bleated something about "Democrat informational warfare". I couldn't change the channel fast enough. But if this is all they've got as a counter, then :lol:.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Roluth posted:

He's shoring up his credibility and covering his rear end. He's walking us through how he didn't do anything wrong, and he's never done anything wrong.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
At least Nunes is getting his public dysentery out early...

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
He is turning on Trump.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

skylined! posted:

He's shoring up his credibility and covering his rear end. He's walking us through how he didn't do anything wrong, and he's never done anything wrong.

it does seem like this guy did not do anything wrong, tbf

but i understand why he'd want his opening statement to be "I am not involved in this criminal conspiracy"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Turbo classifying everything around the Ukraine crimes was actually maybe the stupidest thing imaginable, because it means all of it has incredibly strict bureaucratic traceability for both physical and electronic copies. Either it's all there, or it's glaringly obvious when it was destroyed and by whom.

It's fine to say "Trump disobeys rules" but we're talking about a big system Trump understands nothing about, and probably never thought about beyond "classify it so nobody can read it and gently caress off."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Roluth posted:

Usually yes.