Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is the first time the democrats in the house have been unified in “getting” Trunp so maybe it will happen. He will be acquired tho.

In my fading diseased brain tho they are bound to do what they can to enforce law even if it is ultimately ineffectual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

"We're going to get him this time, boys!!"
- people who, once again, did not 'get him this time.'

This time it seems like it matters.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"hey, hey, make sure you put in there that he stayed at the trump hotel!"

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

blarzgh posted:

"We're going to get him this time, boys!!"
- people who, once again, did not 'get him this time.'

Only pundits and backbencher congressmen say this. Nobody serious expects to “get him” in the sense that he’ll get got by the Senate. That’s why Pelosi hadn’t pushed it before now.

Cynicism aside, they kind of had to. If stuff like this doesn’t garner impeachment, then what the hell does? The House can’t not act just because they know 2/3 of the Senate won’t care. They can, however, try to at least get a majority vote to convict.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

blarzgh posted:

"hey, hey, make sure you put in there that he stayed at the trump hotel!"

Emoluments, schmoluments. The other guy wore a tan suit once!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Go read the whistleblower complaint. It is different this time.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Look Sir Droids posted:

Only pundits and backbencher congressmen say this. Nobody serious expects to “get him” in the sense that he’ll get got by the Senate. That’s why Pelosi hadn’t pushed it before now.

Cynicism aside, they kind of had to. If stuff like this doesn’t garner impeachment, then what the hell does? The House can’t not act just because they know 2/3 of the Senate won’t care. They can, however, try to at least get a majority vote to convict.

I called my Congressman who was one of the last holdouts. I sorta talked down to his staff member who was giving me the Congressman's bullshit line and told him that this is one of those things that history is going to judge these years on. I don't give a hot drat whether the Senate votes to convict, the point is that something has to matter again.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"Oh, so you're mad that the President is trying to investigate foreign corruption by leading politicians and interference into the 2016 election?? How is it corruption to investigate corruption?!?!"
- Your Aunt's Facebook within 24 hours

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 26, 2019

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Pook Good Mook posted:

I called my Congressman who was one of the last holdouts. I sorta talked down to his staff member who was giving me the Congressman's bullshit line and told him that this is one of those things that history is going to judge these years on. I don't give a hot drat whether the Senate votes to convict, the point is that something has to matter again.

Good on you. My rep is loving Steve Scalise so I can’t even do this

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

I hate these open hearings with all the preening of the members. Get a loving staff attorney to ask questions. This is loving idiotic.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Pook Good Mook posted:

I hate these open hearings with all the preening of the members. Get a loving staff attorney to ask questions. This is loving idiotic.

Schiff is fine, but most non-chairman should stfu. Also, Nadler is bad and should stfu.

If they do a joint committee for impeachment, they better go all staff attorneys.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

blarzgh posted:

"Oh, so you're mad that the President is trying to investigate foreign corruption by leading politicians and interference into the 2016 election?? How is it corruption to investigate corruption?!?!"
- Your Aunt's Facebook in 24 hours

Nah. Your Aunt is already sharing Rep. Jordan's tweet:

Phil Moscowitz posted:

That's on you for living in the bougie white part of town. Cedric Richmond has been on board since at least May.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I got Crenshaw. Same.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

LOL should Blarzghstradamus keep dunking on you guys through 2024 or is this enough?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Rubes will continue to be gullible and easily mislead. Truly riveting stuff.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
One of the perks of being a politician is getting cushy sinecures for your idiot failchildren, and by politicizing that, Trump poses a direct threat to politicians in both parties.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ulmont posted:

That's on you for living in the bougie white part of town. Cedric Richmond has been on board since at least May.

Biden also looking bad is just a bonus.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

sullat posted:

One of the perks of being a politician is getting cushy sinecures for your idiot failchildren, and by politicizing that, Trump poses a direct threat to politicians in both parties.

Trump claiming to root out nepotism is truly the perfect encapsulation of the dumbass world we live in

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I should note another difference here is that by formally starting an impeachment inquiry the Dems get stronger subpoena power that goes through judicial procedures rather than telling the admin they have to hand over something and the admin going "lol, no" (despite legally having to comply).

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I should note another difference here is that by formally starting an impeachment inquiry the Dems get stronger subpoena power that goes through judicial procedures rather than telling the admin they have to hand over something and the admin going "lol, no" (despite legally having to comply).

This is why the Republicans keep harping that no formal votes creating this inquiry have occurred.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

That whistleblower report is serious poo poo. Why they haven’t formally started impeachment I’m not sure I understand. It has to happen, goddamn

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

God I hope Barr and Giuliani get indicted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

If only.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Not a chance.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Not a chance.

Shut up party pooper

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Barr and Giuliani should at least be disbarred.

Lol I know. Kirkland will take Barr back in as soon as he leaves office.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell if nothing else this process should hamstring any other policy initiatives (lol) that this administration might have on deck.

This poo poo is so incomprehensibly stupid that it seems fitting as a defining moment for the Trump presidency.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phil Moscowitz posted:

That whistleblower report is serious poo poo. Why they haven’t formally started impeachment I’m not sure I understand. It has to happen, goddamn

They did

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Cool, now Trump is saying he should be able to stop impeachment proceedings, possibly through the courts...lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Cool, now Trump is saying he should be able to stop impeachment proceedings, possibly through the courts...lol

Trump also says he is going to send the EPA to punish California for having too many gross homeless people. He is an extremely stupid man.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"We're REALLY going to get him this time, boys!!"
- people who, once again, did not 'REALLY get him this time.'

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

blarzgh posted:

LOL should Blarzghstradamus keep dunking on you guys through 2024 or is this enough?

No, because you said 24 hours, not 3.

Someone needs to charge Rudy with something, because I'm pretty sure he's go full tech69 to get out of a speeding ticket. And that would be funny as gently caress.

nm fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 26, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

blarzgh posted:

"We're REALLY going to get him this time, boys!!"
- people who, once again, did not 'REALLY get him this time.'

Are you unable to see the difference between how this is being handled in comparison to other scandals or are you simply refusing to acknowledge the difference?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Lmbo

https://twitter.com/emilygorcenski/status/1177304581111517192?s=21

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

No, because you said 24 hours, not 3.

Fake news, clearly I said "within" 24 hours, as it says in this transcript:

blarzgh posted:

- Your Aunt's Facebook within 24 hours

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Are you unable to see the difference between how this is being handled in comparison to other scandals or are you simply refusing to acknowledge the difference?

To be right twice a day, a broken clock has to assert the same time, every time.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Boy, all of my hillbilly relatives in certain swing states are going to enjoy this proof that the liberal Deep State protects its own and that their Fake News organs of power are once again working 24/7 to try to pin this on a decent, orange man who is working to drain the D.C. Swamp politics as usual.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nice piece of fish posted:

So USPOL is absolutely unreadable and lol trying to get an understanding from mainstream media; what in the absolute gently caress is happening with the orange idiot and impeachment? Cliff's notes? I would never have expected anything to push Pelosi into anything resembling action. How juicy is this? How realistic is any kind of consequence?

I'm a bit late, but here's a succinct yet thorough explanation of the current state of affairs:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/26/trumps-getting-impeached-i-defy-you-convince-anyone-this-cursed-truck-stop/

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
Attorneys stipulating to dismiss a case without prejudice because the court denied their request to adjourn.

Seriously? Just do your jobs better. Either get your cases ready for trial or make a convincing argument why you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

80% of lawyers are cowards