Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

Plot Twist: when this is all over Rudy is gonna claim he intentionally implicated Trump in all the crimes in order to get the Democrats to impeach him. See folks, he really IS the hero in all this!

I mean with all the poo poo he's said with freely screaming out damning information in live interviews, that's almost plausible.

Edit: I mean that there are crimes and he wants everybody to know. Not that it's a trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Lote posted:

Dying throes of the Deep State, most likely.

In a way, that assessment is right. Trump has been escalating bad behavior and cleaning house of everyone that speaks up or is uncomfortable. He’s trying to surround himself with true believers such that he becomes untouchable. The only problem is that you start to surround yourself with the people that have bad cognitive dissonance that can’t interpret any of the data that they’re getting. See Devin Nunes suing his own cow.

Also, I believe he meant perfect with regards to the call in that it perfectly conveyed an implicit quid pro quo therefore, in Trumps mind, “perfectly” legal.

Mahoning posted:

What do you think? That this is all a ruse to uncover the DEMOCRATS' crimes!

Thanks, I figured it was "64d chess" type stuff.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I wonder what additional stuff if any is in the IG's report. Is he going to testify?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

BonoMan posted:

He is absolutely not joking. He's been saying stuff like this a lot recently. He's basically testing the waters with becoming a dictatorship.

Now it's ridiculous of course. No matter how bad he is, this won't happen. He may steal the next election (he's def trying) but he won't be in 8 more years.

However that doesn't matter to his narcissism. He honestly believes he can make it happen if he tries hard enough and is testing how his base reacts to it.

He may start to believe it. His Republican approval remains high because the people that don’t approve of him become independents like Justin Amash. He may also believe that the overall poll numbers are erroneous and be really does have 52% approval. Or add 10 points to that.

Huff your own farts long enough and anyone will get used to the smell. Maybe even start to like it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh, and please ignore all of the obvious crimes in the call memo that was released, or the obstruction of justice involved in keeping the whistleblower's info from congress

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1177294211701444608

Inject this poo poo into my veins!

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Lote posted:

His Republican approval remains high because the people that don’t approve of him become independents like Justin Amash.

I really want to believe this. Is there any polling to this effect?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/status/1177293953659482114?s=19

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sean10mm posted:

It's a mycrimes server where every document creation, view and edit is recorded and audited. They classified this poo poo at the level literally used for stuff like "We have a spy in Pyongyang, his name is Clutch Volvo, his social security number is 111-22-3333, his full report is as follows..."

Their complete and total misunderstanding how anything in the government actually works strikes again. It's almost beautiful

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. my stupid hunch is trump will demand his head, haspel will say no, and trump will pull a saturday night massacare.

Gutting the cia would do jack poo poo for this, at this point he'd have to gut the nsa and dia which who even knows if Trump knows who runs them or what they do. There's also a bunch of letter agencies specifically dealing with digital concerns that are definitely involved now that I 100% guarantee you Trump has never bothered to find out about.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 26, 2019

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Ogmius815 posted:

Well he would have to amend the constitution so...
Or weaken our institutions enough that it doesn't matter. That would probably be the easier route, plus it has a lot of other benefits for him and the GOP.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Ukraine, basically Russia

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Is there any way to delete these documents from the server? It has such sensitive information that I imagine there are countless backups. It’s essentially the same system that got depicted in Mission Impossible where only a select few have access from a very specific number of terminals right?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
HE NEVER STOPS LYING

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1177294342526050304

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

BonoMan posted:

He is absolutely not joking. He's been saying stuff like this a lot recently. He's basically testing the waters with becoming a dictatorship.

Now it's ridiculous of course. No matter how bad he is, this won't happen. He may steal the next election (he's def trying) but he won't be in 8 more years.

However that doesn't matter to his narcissism. He honestly believes he can make it happen if he tries hard enough and is testing how his base reacts to it.

Can you fault him? He's toast once he's out of office and not protected by the government. The only way he see's himself weathering this is to just stay president forever.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Please stop sharing this dullard

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

quote:

I’m not acting as a lawyer. I’m acting as someone who has devoted most of his life to straightening out government,” he continued, sounding out of breath. “Anything I did should be praised.”

Question: Does Rudy saying he’s not acting as a lawyer wave any ability for him/Trump to claim any sort of attorney/client privilege when he’s called to testify?

Like he already claimed he has recordings of phone calls with Ukraine people. So can they just subpoena that poo poo and he doesn’t have grounds to refuse?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Lote posted:

Is there any way to delete these documents from the server? It has such sensitive information that I imagine there are countless backups. It’s essentially the same system that got depicted in Mission Impossible where only a select few have access from a very specific number of terminals right?

That's the beauty of this mess Trump brought on himself. He tried so hard to lock down his call logs they can't "accidentally" delete them anymore.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Happitoo posted:

Question: Does Rudy saying he’s not acting as a lawyer wave any ability for him/Trump to claim any sort of attorney/client privilege when he’s called to testify?

Like he already claimed he has recordings of phone calls with Ukraine people. So can they just subpoena that poo poo and he doesn’t have grounds to refuse?

probably.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1177295467698249728

Lots of other reporters seem to annoyed at the NYT right now

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

Please stop sharing this dullard

I worry that if we banned Michael Tracy from the thread Aimee Terese would fill his void.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus loving Christ on a jet-ski, they've been doing it for years. I am completely buffaloed.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Hahaha, this is Cain Train levels of amazing.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Ethiser posted:

The whistleblower should go by the alias Q.

The whitleblower should absolutely claim to be Q and say the time is now to remove pedophile Donald Trump. It would unite even Trump's 25% against him.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lote posted:

It's not so much that the documents are immune to deletion, it's that the documents are now bound to a detailed and unimpeachable paper trail. They can still be deleted but there is no way to delete them quietly, whoever performs the delete will have their name attached to the record of that act and will immediately become a target of the investigation on top of whatever career consequences that might entail.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

ryde posted:

I really want to believe this. Is there any polling to this effect?

Overall identification as Republican (and Democrat) has been downtrending. I think it’s down below 33%. It’s tough to say how much of an effect is related to Trump versus overall dissatisfaction.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mdemone posted:

Jesus loving Christ on a jet-ski, they've been doing it for years. I am completely buffaloed.

who NYT or trump hiding poo poo on a server?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Critical posted:

Lol jesus christ Rudy sounds like he climbed out of a final fantasy game where he plays the decoy for the real bad guy

Actual footage of Rudy Guiliani:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who NYT or trump hiding poo poo on a server?

The transcripts on the server. Can you even? Because I can't.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mdemone posted:

The transcripts on the server. Can you even? Because I can't.

i can. they found a place to bury trumps gently caress ups and after mueller assumed no one would care.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SpaceDrake posted:

Actual footage of Rudy Guiliani:

Cool loving tiny rear end text.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i can. they found a place to bury trumps gently caress ups and after mueller assumed no one would care.

They've been doing it since 2017!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mdemone posted:

They've been doing it since 2017!

jesus christ. thats horrifying. you think we can get all the files?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

BonoMan posted:

He's fat, has a poor diet, and has declining mental faculties and is old.

Imagine him 4 years from now. Even if he could run legally, (or illegally), I doubt he'd in any shape to.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus christ. thats horrifying. you think we can get all the files?
Almost certainly not because they're classified to hell and back.

But I'll imagine we'll get some of them.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I''m sure Trump will rage-order some of them declassified. Which in turn confirms the existence of more.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Lote posted:

Not that anyone cares too much about this, but there are specific laws protecting whistleblowers from retaliation that everyone who works at a Federal agency gets told about during their job training.

Thank god we have an administration that is totally committed to following the law.

Rosalind posted:

drat this thread is moving too fast. I need to slow down and savor the ridiculousness more apparently.

Yeah you got it confused with "media scum", which he did say.

Also yes its definitely moving too fast

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ahahahaha. "We didn't hide this because we realized it was Trump committing a crime. We hid this because Trump insisted we start hiding everything because he doesn't trust anybody!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

i mean the ukraine full transcript tells us anything than they are falsely classified.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
hey guys lets take these mega incriminating call logs and instead of just losing them and claiming it was an accident, lets just toss them in the closest equivalent to a black box that the govt has

e: one simple trick to hide ur crimes: intelligence agencies hate this!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean the ukraine full transcript tells us anything than they are falsely classified.
Sure, but we're already seeing Trump and co pivot to "oh it's nbd, we just classified all of his calls." Which they'll probably use as a reason for why they can't declassify everything and why we'll just have to trust them when they say that the calls were all above-board, honest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Oxyclean posted:

I'm just picturing that scene from Simpsons where Burns gets diagnosed with "three stooges syndrome" where his highly numerous diseases have caused an equilibrium of sorts. Only it's Trump, and he's done so much crime no-one's quite sure where to start.

"They can't impeach me if I keep doing crimes! I'm invincible!"

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1177241881077530624

loving hell, finally caught up with the thread.
https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1177294394875006976