Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Who keeps letting John Barrowman into the building?
https://twitter.com/JohnBarrowman/status/1163295041584095232

Hopefully after Malcolm gets dumped back in his lovely apartment by the Legends to preserve the timeline integrity, two seconds later Oliver and the Monitor pop into the room and go “Get up loser, we need your help.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Hopefully after Malcolm gets dumped back in his lovely apartment by the Legends to preserve the timeline integrity, two seconds later Oliver and the Monitor pop into the room and go “Get up loser, we need your help.”

The Monitor is still eating popcorn

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The Monitor is still eating popcorn

Monitor: Hey, have you heard of these guys called the 'Legends?' They do some crazy rear end poo poo!
Malcom: t:mad:t

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
The first arc of this season (up to the Elseworld's crossover) was OK. Everything since has been one of the most convoluted messes I've ever seen in any TV show, not just an Arrowverse show. Does it get any better after episode 16?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

You don't watch Arrow to enjoy it. You watch it to experience it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really feel like they should have gotten rid of the Lost style time jump stories. They don't add anything to the show anymore. yea it was fine seeing what happened to Ollie in Exile, why he became so bad rear end, but after that it was eh, who cares now?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1174382551365931009

Thea's back, for an episode or two.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd be willing to bet every major Arrow character will make an appearance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, with Crisis looming, the Monitor present, alternate dimensions, and a time traveling wizard just a phone call away there's really no reason not to bring everyone back on a farewell tour.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Bring back Walter Steele!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Krypton got canned so he ain't busy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Is Slade gonna be back? Because I figured he was off limits again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Manu started making passive aggressive posts about the new Deathstroke on Instagram and then deleted all of it so maybe he's got a cameo?

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Didn't you hear?

He still has Rhas Al Ghuls keys.

Merlyn the Magician just won't die.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

The CW is officially moving forward with development of an “Arrow” spin-off series set in the time period of the flash forwards scenes of last season.

The new series focuses on The Canaries – a vigilante group operating in a future version of Star City in which the city was overrun by an uprising by the denizens of The Glades.

The show will star Katherine McNamara as Mia Smoak, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, and Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake with an episode of the upcoming ten-episode final season of “Arrow” to serve as a backdoor pilot for the potential series. The CW’s DC Universe has frequently adopted this approach with “The Flash” and “Batwoman” starting out in a similar way.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cool, like the first season of arrow was a backdoor for the rest of the DC universe, I hope they use the time jump to sprint headfirst into BEYOND territory

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm all for anything that keeps Katie Cassidy on tv.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I'm all for anything that keeps Katie Cassidy on tv.

:emptyquote:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm willing to give Birds of Prey Beyond a chance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I'm willing to give Birds of Prey Beyond a chance.

Especially if it’s Laurel and Dinah being Angry Superhero Moms to Mia as she fights to save Star City from itself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know why they're being so cautious seeing as they already have a years worth of reaction to it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rosenbaum has said that yes, he was asked but he turned it down.

quote:

“I’ll just be straight up about this,” the actor wrote, addressing fans of the show. “WB called my agents Friday afternoon when I was in Florida visiting my grandfather in a nursing home. Their offer: No script. No idea what I’m doing. No idea when I’m shooting. Basically no money.”

“And the real kick in the rear end,” he continued “‘We have to know now.’ My simple answer was ‘Pass.’ I think you can understand why.”

Edit: Trailer for the final season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb9YqIqkcN4

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 24, 2019

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well it looks like Tommy is gonna have a big role this season, and it looks like the beginning of Deathstroke's son & his gang as well?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

muscles like this! posted:

Rosenbaum has said that yes, he was asked but he turned it down.

I mean, he's free to do whatever makes him happy, but it's kind of weird how hard he's trying to make WB seem like assholes there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume he just doesn't want to take the heat from fans for being more of a selfish realist about his career choices and not just going "Yeah! That sounds fun and crazy! Lets make it happen!"

The "visiting my grandfather in a nursing home" is a bit much though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

I mean, he's free to do whatever makes him happy, but it's kind of weird how hard he's trying to make WB seem like assholes there.

The way he's framing it is WB asking him to reprise his role, but at an unspecified date with an unspecified role (other than as Lex) and no discussion of the amount of money offered. And WB wants an answer immediately. Which, yeah, sounds kinda lovely.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Not too lovely though considering he’s probably not the only one who got that offer and was ok with it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Obviously he's trying to put himself in the best light possible. He could just say it wasn't enough money but whatever. I never watched Smallville so I don't give a poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

Obviously he's trying to put himself in the best light possible. He could just say it wasn't enough money but whatever. I never watched Smallville so I don't give a poo poo.

He's also got a bit of a history, irrc, of butting heads with the WB, having jumped ship from Smallville without looking back in its 7th season.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Was THAT the reason he was gone for the later half of Smallville!?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

Was THAT the reason he was gone for the later half of Smallville!?

Maybe? It's been like a decade but I seem to vaguely recall that he was just loving sick of the show and wanted out because it showed no signs of ending like a normal, non-CW show tends to do around its 7th season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He still came back for the finale. And he, Welling and Amell seem to be buds now. I'm a little shocked he turned it down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wasn't he the voice of the Flash in the JLA cartoons?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't he the voice of the Flash in the JLA cartoons?

Yes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

At this point they should just Roger Rabbit the DCAU characters into the show.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

The way he's framing it is WB asking him to reprise his role, but at an unspecified date with an unspecified role (other than as Lex) and no discussion of the amount of money offered. And WB wants an answer immediately. Which, yeah, sounds kinda lovely.

This sounds like it's 10x the production hell that the second crossover was and they could barely pull that off. I'm assuming they are just getting whatever commits they can from whoever they can and then figuring it what to do with someone once they have them in hand. They probably don't have the runway to wait for an actor to waffle around and they probably don't want to bother wasting time writing a role or scene for someone that might just decide to pass on the whole thing

So yeah, a little lovely but probably the only way they are going to pull off something like this

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 26, 2019

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

WhyteRyce posted:

This sounds like it's 10x the production hell that the second crossover was and they could barely pull that off. I'm assuming they are just getting whatever commits they can from whoever they can and then figuring it what to do with someone once they have them in hand. They probably don't have the runway to wait for an actor to waffle around and they probably don't want to bother wasting time writing a role or scene for someone that might just decide to pass on the whole thing

So yeah, a little lovely but probably the only way they are going to pull off something like this

I think it's gonna be a loving mess, but I don't care I will watch and love the crazy sloppy fan love letter anyway.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Apparently the Crisis on Earth X crossover basically hosed up their production schedule for like half the year, so I can understand their apprehension.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Narcissus1916 posted:

Apparently the Crisis on Earth X crossover basically hosed up their production schedule for like half the year, so I can understand their apprehension.

But so loving worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sloth Life posted:

I think it's gonna be a loving mess, but I don't care I will watch and love the crazy sloppy fan love letter anyway.

Yeah. I'm over here wondering just how they're going to cram all these characters into four hours but gently caress all if I'm not down for seeing them try