Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zore posted:

now I want to see Mika interact with the Eva cast because you could do a ton with that dynamic.

Hell, have Zambot in there and really get the 'child soldiering fucks you up' out in full where you could have a full game arc of Kappei going from looking up to Mika to rejecting what he is in horror once it really sets in.

Yeah I was especially thinking of Misato when I typed that up

Also I can't help but imagine that a lot of Newtype characters would feel ill being around Mika

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

It's also interesting how after his injuries make his dream of becoming a farmer more difficult, he decides to double down on what he's good at out of terror at no longer having a purpose, eventually resorting to mutilating himself further just so they won't take him away from his Gundam and force him to do something he's not great at and doesn't understand all that well.

The most interesting thing there is the second to last episode. Kudelia and Atra find him reading a book on farming. He's still trying, even to the end. He wants to be a good father, wants to fulfill his last orders, but he couldn't, and that's that. (His last thought is feeling bad about disappointing Atra by getting the bracelet dirty. Meanwhile, Akihiro's last thought is how he has a good story for the folks waiting for him in heaven.)

As for Eva and IBO in Super Robot Wars, I've said before that what I most want to see is Atra and Rei interacting. Poor Rei's going to have no idea what to do with Atra.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

Also I can't help but imagine that a lot of Newtype characters would feel ill being around Mika

This actually sounds really interesting. The Newtypes aren't without their dark sides, but I can imagine seeing inside Mika's head can't be a pleasant experience.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zedd posted:

Mika meets Old Flit Asuno, Flit finally has the emotionally stunted murder grandson he always wanted.

Oh my god that would be horrifying

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Oh my god that would be horrifying

You're forgetting something important.

Mika is from Mars. Flit would want to murder him.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno: Mika does seem to get well enough with well-adjusted adults like Nadi.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The leader of the Shrike Team meets the leader of the Turbines

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ImpAtom posted:

You're forgetting something important.

Mika is from Mars. Flit would want to murder him.

Oh my god. AGE would not have made it to his son and grandson.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Wark Say posted:

I dunno: Mika does seem to get well enough with well-adjusted adults like Nadi.

Eh, that's mostly because Nadi's decided that the best thing he can do is support these kids through their struggles no matter the path they've chosen. He judges but he's not really trying to steer the kids into what he might see as the right path.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Shinjobi posted:

Oh my god. AGE would not have made it to his son and grandson.

And nothing of value was lost.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Mika is perfectly serene around people who he views as not an immediate threat. Hell, he was capable of working as a child soldier for the pre-Tekkadan merc group that was literally using him and his friends as human shields and cannon fodder while shooting them up with nanomachines without going on a tear until Orga staged his coup. Hanging out with the crowd in your average SRW game wouldn't be a problem.

Mika interacting with other people in SRW would probably consist of everyone going "Hm, he seems okay. A little quiet and intense though" before combat, followed by a host of :gonk:s when he crushes a bunch of Zaku cockpits in the first engagement. But this is the series that very frequently puts Actual Or Attempted Murderers like some versions of the Getter Robo teams in with child robot pilots without problems, so it wouldn't really be a big deal.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 25, 2019

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kanos posted:

Mika is perfectly serene around people who he views as not an immediate threat. Hell, he was capable of working as a child soldier for the pre-Tekkadan merc group that was literally using him and his friends as human shields and cannon fodder while shooting them up with nanomachines without going on a tear until Orga staged his coup. Hanging out with the crowd in your average SRW game wouldn't be a problem.

Mika interacting with other people in SRW would probably consist of everyone going "Hm, he seems okay. A little quiet and intense though" before combat, followed by a host of :gonk:s when he crushes a bunch of Zaku cockpits in the first engagement.

Loran uses moonlight butterfly to turn off the enemy mobile suits and Mika just goes "Oh, thanks" and starts smashing in cockpits.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so Mika/any of the IBO crew has yet to make it to a SRW? Hasn't there been like 2 new entries since IBO finished?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wark Say posted:

Wait, so Mika/any of the IBO crew has yet to make it to a SRW? Hasn't there been like 2 new entries since IBO finished?

IBO has only appeared in Super Robot Wars DD so far and being a gacha I have zero interest in it and heavily doubt it's using the series well.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
IBO is in a mobile game that launched about a month ago. It’s pretty blah from what I hear though, and I don’t know that it actually has much story at all.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Wark Say posted:

G Reco didn't get in until after IBO finished airing. And even then it was only in X so far

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, bummer. I have my gripes my IBO, but I overall liked what Okada did with some of the relationships in the show, especially Mika and Orga's relationship. Like, it can be really toxic at times (esp. in the wake of Biscuit's absence :sadwave:), but there's also a heartwarming side to it because dudes have been each other's family for a decade at the very least, so I'd like to see Bamco's writers do something with that established relationship.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Hellworld timeline: Ali al-Saachez poaches Mika to work for his mercenary company.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jackhunter64 posted:

Hellworld timeline: Ali al-Saachez poaches Mika to work for his mercenary company.

Setsuna gets insanely jealous when he sees that Mika is Gundam in a way he can never achieve.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Midjack posted:

Setsuna gets insanely jealous when he sees that Mika is Gundam in a way he can never achieve.

He's an apparently ageless human/alien hybrid partially made of sentient organic metal and can almost certainly shape-shift to some degree given the alien shapeshifters that account for much of his body; there's literally no reason he couldn't get 40 AV plugs to cover every inch of his body, then mind-meld a Gundam if he wanted to. He may not even need AV surgery to do so, since it's possible he could interact with the connectors without any.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tsob posted:

He's an apparently ageless human/alien hybrid partially made of sentient organic metal and can almost certainly shape-shift to some degree given the alien shapeshifters that account for much of his body; there's literally no reason he couldn't get 40 AV plugs to cover every inch of his body, then mind-meld a Gundam if he wanted to. He may not even need AV surgery to do so, since it's possible he could interact with the connectors without any.

Well sure, if you’re doing the end of both their stories Setsuna come out ahead since Mika is dead.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Apparently the latest Famitsu had an interview with the head honcho of SRW, and he had this to say about the timing of IBO joining the roster:

quote:

Terada: “By my rules, the latest Gundam series have to have joined G Generation before I’ll add them to Super Robot Wars. I believe that new Gundam series should be prioritized there first.”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
your rules suck, dude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

your rules suck, dude

I suspect the 'rule' there is "G Generation literally only sells itself on Gundam and having a new Gundam as a debut there is significantly a bigger deal"

IBO is going to be in a new game in two months anyway so hey.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd still give the guy a wedgie if I saw him.:colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEt3YGZOd2E

The trailer for that by the way if anyone hasn't seen. Covers Wing, SEED, 00 and IBO plus all their respective sidestories. Is going to have an English release though maybe only in Asia.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Wasn't the Barbatos already a DLC unit in a G Generation game?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shinjobi posted:

I'd still give the guy a wedgie if I saw him.:colbert:
:same:

Like "Shut the hell up and lemme play as dem mercenary murderboys"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

tsob posted:

Having post Trailblazer Setsuna in a game would be interesting, to say the least.

He'd probably have a nice talk with D.O.M.E.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

jackhunter64 posted:

Gauron would fall in love so fast. Even at his killiest Sousuke doesn't do detached murder quite like Mika.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

chiasaur11 posted:

Gauron would fall in love so fast. Even at his killiest Sousuke doesn't do detached murder quite like Mika.

That'd be hilarious because Sousuke is really angry about Gauron's love, but Mika would be a combination of confused and uncaring.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect the 'rule' there is "G Generation literally only sells itself on Gundam and having a new Gundam as a debut there is significantly a bigger deal"

IBO is going to be in a new game in two months anyway so hey.

Has G-Reco been in a G Gen game? I don't think it has, and it was in SRW X.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kanos posted:

I imagine it's not a hard rule for Terada, just one that he'd like to stick to if possible

Reiska
Oct 14, 2013

Kanos posted:

G-Self was a secret unit in G Gen Genesis. Otherwise no.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Midjack posted:

Well sure, if you’re doing the end of both their stories Setsuna come out ahead since Mika is dead.

I apparently took the word "never" more technically than you intended.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah, he'd inspire many of the same reactions that they would have with Yazan Gable, being that both Yazan and Mika are their universe's best non-Newtype pilots and have murder streaks several AUs long to prove it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

Yeah, he'd inspire many of the same reactions that they would have with Yazan Gable, being that both Yazan and Mika are their universe's best non-Newtype pilots and have murder streaks several AUs long to prove it.

Depending on how you define 'best', of course. McGillis, Galan, Amida, and maybe Julietta are all more technically proficient.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is Mika’s kill count higher than Uso’s? Do we have a new reigning champ of mass murder?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It also depends how you define "newtype" since Alaya-Vijnana is the IBO equivalent. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is Mika’s kill count higher than Uso’s? Do we have a new reigning champ of mass murder?

Not even close. Mike's kill count is probably below most pilots because IBO fights are mostly small scale.