Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1177346278004539392?s=19

NO RUDY DIG UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so he is just gonna hang everyone else than. nice.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oracle posted:

I think you're reading too much into it. Trump was PISSED his private convos with Australia and Mexico were leaked (because it showed him lying about what was talked about and made him look like the buffoon he is) and so his staff's kneejerk reaction was 'ok fine from now on we put all the call transcripts into the super secure lockbox so noone can leak embarrassing poo poo anymore without being caught dead to rights problem solved' without considering the implications. Later when told they couldn't do that (because I'm sure at some point someone needed to access the call transcripts and couldn't find them in the usual place and they got proudly told they'd been put on the Super Top Secret Hard to Access Everything's Logged Server at which point said career deep state person promptly huffed into a paper bag for five minutes then said 'uh no') they decided they'd only put the REALLY BAD stuff there, because Trump only hires The Best People, and by that time anyone with any loving sense had quit/been driven out.

That still doesn't preclude the securing of the communications on the server as a criminal conspiracy, it absolutely is according to what we read in the memo. They said 'poo poo this is bad, let's hide it' then did. But its second hand info which means we are going to see a flurry of subpoenas for Trump White House staff, Guiliani and probably Barr also. poo poo's gonna get WILD.

I would also guess the stuff isn't inaccessible, at the very least whoever administers the access levels on the server will be able to give them to whoever subpoenas them, god knows the Trump admin has noone that competent on the payroll and no government IT stooge is gonna risk their job to protect this band of jackasses.

I think all of this is a good take.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Uh so he just confirmed

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/kurt-volker-trump-s-part-time-ukraine-envoy-played-role-n1058871

quote:

WASHINGTON — To hear Rudy Giuliani tell it, it was a phone call from the Trump administration's special envoy for Ukraine, Ambassador Kurt Volker, that jump-started Giuliani's contacts with Ukraine's new leaders over corruption and a possible investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden.

But a whistleblower's complaint made public Thursday paints a different picture: One of Volker scrambling to "contain the damage" to national security inflicted by Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer, and back-channeling with the Ukrainian leadership about how to navigate the conflicting messages that Giuliani and U.S. officials were sending.

"Nonsense," a defiant Giuliani told NBC News in an interview Thursday after the complaint was made public. "It's a provable lie."

Volker, President Trump's special representative for Ukraine negotiations, has mostly stayed under the radar since taking the job in 2017. But his unusual arrangement as Trump’s special representative for Ukraine negotiations is attracting new attention amid revelations of his central role in the ongoing Ukraine saga.

An unpaid volunteer, Volker spends most of his time engaged in outside projects, including his work at a Washington lobbying firm that continued to represent the Government of Ukraine for almost two years after Volker started as special envoy.

Volker’s role in the most recent controversy came to light as Giuliani tried to cast his efforts as fully coordinated and even prompted by the State Department. The State Department has acknowledged that it was Volker who put Giuliani “in direct contact” with Andriy Yermak, a top adviser to Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, around the same time as Zelenskiy's call with Trump.

Aiming to bolster his argument that he acted at the government's request, Giuliani on Thursday forwarded NBC News a text message he said he'd received on July 19 "connecting you here with Andrey Yermak, who is very close to President Zelensky."

"I suggest we schedule a call together on Monday — maybe 10am or 11am Washington time?” Volker said in the text message, according to Giuliani.

The State Department didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sort by controversial on any Reddit thread and you'll see a lot of posts that Ukraine didn't know the money had been withheld at the time of the phone call so obviously couldn't have taken anything Trump said as a threat, therefore no quid pro row, what a nothing burger!

GOP might be struggling to find a narrative but the bots have gotten their marching orders.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What if they find something unbelievably incriminating, even more than we would expect? What if they crack open the classified server and there's phone conversations between Trump, Putin and McConnell strategizing about how to beat the Mueller report?

What if it's the secret formula that allows a carburetor to run on water?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/adndotcom/status/1177340016273477632?s=19

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Rudy has to be intentionally torpedoing this administrations defense. Maybe he's a true patriot after all :lol:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

how ... why..does he...think this will help him...?

Aspergeoisie
Jun 6, 2009

by R. Guyovich
In real life, nobody actually cares about this Ukraine nonsense and sees impeachment as the same old political maneuvering the Democrats have conducted since Trump was elected.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So can we get that phone subpoenaed before Friday afternoon?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

empty whippet box posted:

Rudy is not a smart man.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely hope Alies is in hell screaming seeing that his creation literally made exactly for this situation is melting down right when it's needed. You built a lovely, evil, MegaZord and none of the dinosaurs are clicking together.

The irony is deliciously spicy in a way I thought I'd never see, for sure. Like, this is ghost pepper level.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Hows the_donald been taking it?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

revenge is a dish best served cold

quote:

Among the powerful voices advising Lachlan that Fox should decisively break with the president is former House speaker Paul Ryan, who joined the Fox board in March. “Paul is embarrassed about Trump and now he has the power to do something about it,” an executive who’s spoken with Ryan told me. (Ryan did not return a call seeking comment.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bottom Liner posted:

Rudy has to be intentionally torpedoing this administrations defense. Maybe he's a true patriot after all :lol:

he sacrificed / is sacrificing everything to bring Trump down :911:

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Just sitting here thinking of a simpler time when Rudy didn’t like Piss Christ.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Aspergeoisie posted:

In real life, nobody actually cares about this Ukraine nonsense and sees impeachment as the same old political maneuvering the Democrats have conducted since Trump was elected.

Is that right, Aspergeoisie

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
Closed my NYTimes account. With the whistleblower outing and the Savernise article crap I've had it with them

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Irrelevantly but probably with a lot of capital letters and obnoxiously manic cadence

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

They're elated, the Dems really stepped in it this time!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Why are people saying Pence is getting thrown under the bus?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Theres a law school scholarship if you can figure it out!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Puppetmaster defense is probably a very common theme there. Everything is unfolding exactly as Trump has foreseen.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Alabama congressman

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepMoBrooks/status/1177211583359062017

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

kidkissinger posted:

Why are people saying Pence is getting thrown under the bus?

Trump said to ask pence about his phone calls at the UN presser yesterday.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he's turning it from 'Rudy did this on his own as a crazy scheme' to 'Rudy acted with orders' which absolutely throws everyone else under the bus but, and this is very important, it maybe makes things less bad for Rudy.

So, ya know...good move

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bottom Liner posted:

I just want to take full credit for making a wildly unfounded utterly speculative shitpost yesterday that rudy is going to reveal himself to be the anti trump resistance guy who wrote that nyt piece as he brings the trump admin down from within thus launching the rudy redemption arc

I stand by this unfounded and ridiculous shitpost

Aspergeoisie posted:

who do you know here again

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 26, 2019

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

OAquinas posted:

Puppetmaster defense is probably a very common theme there. Everything is unfolding exactly as Trump has foreseen.

I'm afraid my wall will be quite operational when your friends arrive!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I just want to take full credit for making a wildly unfounded utterly speculative shitpost yesterday that rudy is going to reveal himself to be the anti trump resistance guy who wrote that nyt piece as he brings the trump admin down from within thus launching the rudy redemption arc

god what a funny turn that'd be

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tuff Scrote posted:

Closed my NYTimes account. With the whistleblower outing and the Savernise article crap I've had it with them
I didn't see that story linked in here. NYT may have partially outed the whistleblower:

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1177280864922800128

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

who do you know here again

oh god they never did find that NYT Op-ed writer, did they? lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

god what a funny turn that'd be

it's well known that only a dementia gremlin can bring down another dementia gremlin

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

sexpig by night posted:

he's turning it from 'Rudy did this on his own as a crazy scheme' to 'Rudy acted with orders' which absolutely throws everyone else under the bus but, and this is very important, it maybe makes things less bad for Rudy.

So, ya know...good move

This is exactly the poo poo I've been looking forward to for a long time, I've never believed Trump/Pence would get removed but omfg there's gonna be some legendary backstabbing among everybody else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

it's well known that only a dementia gremlin can bring down another dementia gremlin

my personal favorite version is a twist on that, Rudy 100% is NOT that guy, but he realizes the jig is up and now is gonna SAY he is to escape

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

KV obviously is Kurt Volker... but who is A?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

my personal favorite version is a twist on that, Rudy 100% is NOT that guy, but he realizes the jig is up and now is gonna SAY he is to escape

shitposting aside, I would 100% not put that part at least past rudy. The man's character is impeccable, like a mirror, made out of fresh dog poo poo

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

really loving rudy's best George Bluth Sr act

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I didn't see that story linked in here. NYT may have partially outed the whistleblower:

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1177280864922800128

Disgusting. That's enough for someone in the WH to make a very narrow list of suspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

It’s a good thing Trump and Hizzoner confirmed everything in he report before it even came out huh