Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Anyone got dark mode in Gmail or Instagram yet? My Gmail seems to have a dark splash screen now but then the content is still blindingly white. Hopefully they'll have rolled out to everyone soon.

Mister Facetious posted:

I tested this with Cloudflare off, on, and with Warp active, and using Warp straight up murdered my upload speed and a good chunk of the download, using the Speedtest app on the same server each time.

I'm talking going from a high of 278/38 to 170/0.6.
I tried a few times and the upload never went higher than 1 and a few hundredths.
Turning off Warp immediately restored my rated speeds.

Yeah it seems spotty atm. I've turned it off for now but will check it out in a few months times. When it worked properly it seemed to work great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

XBenedict posted:

This sounds like you are abandoning ship for Android. In that instance, you can back up your iPhone through iTunes. There is an Android app that can import your backed up messages into Android.

Not quite. I’ve got a work phone now, and I was trying to find a way to get messages from my personal phone sent to the work phone. Not as a one-time thing but on an ongoing basis.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

101 posted:

Anyone got dark mode in Gmail or Instagram yet? My Gmail seems to have a dark splash screen now but then the content is still blindingly white. Hopefully they'll have rolled out to everyone soon.

Oh jeez I want that.

Another thing I want is being able to set up filters in the app. That would be super handy.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

nitsuga posted:

Not quite. I’ve got a work phone now, and I was trying to find a way to get messages from my personal phone sent to the work phone. Not as a one-time thing but on an ongoing basis.

There may be an IFTTT or iOS Shortcuts.app that forwards texts received from one phone to another.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Yeah system-wide dark mode just makes me annoyed at all the developers dragging their feet. I’m looking at you, Google, Microsoft, and the Guardian.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

OneDrive had dark mode like the day ios13 came out

Weedle
May 31, 2006

kri kri posted:

OneDrive had dark mode like the day ios13 came out

Teams does too, but the main Office apps are all white all the time.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Weedle posted:

Yeah system-wide dark mode just makes me annoyed at all the developers dragging their feet. I’m looking at you, Google, Microsoft, and the Guardian.

this. i want dark mode for google voice and gmail already :argh:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

In other news, the Chewy app now has dark mode. :effort:

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

nitsuga posted:

What phone is the work one? Because if you’re mixing your data anyway you may just want to use the esim functionality on one of the phones.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I'm also trying to get something like this to work. I have both my work sim and my personal eSim on my XS. I have the old iPhone 7 that my work phone came from and can't seem to get iMessage to work properly so that the messages going to/from the business sim are also replicated on the iPhone 7 like they do on my iPad. I would've thought it would've acted like that.

- Same Apple ID is used on all devices
- Message forwarding set up to both iPad and i7 on my XS
- Personal eSim works fine
- On the i7 the business phone number spins and spins activating under 'You can receive imessages to and reply from:', if I check my personal number and/or iCloud address I can receive texts from my personal number (which is not the desired use case)

Any thoughts on what it won't activate the business line in iMessage? Note that it's working properly on my iPad.

The iPhone 7 is still on 12.4.1, updating to 13 may help. Going to try that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

TraderStav posted:

I'm also trying to get something like this to work. I have both my work sim and my personal eSim on my XS. I have the old iPhone 7 that my work phone came from and can't seem to get iMessage to work properly so that the messages going to/from the business sim are also replicated on the iPhone 7 like they do on my iPad. I would've thought it would've acted like that.

- Same Apple ID is used on all devices
- Message forwarding set up to both iPad and i7 on my XS
- Personal eSim works fine
- On the i7 the business phone number spins and spins activating under 'You can receive imessages to and reply from:', if I check my personal number and/or iCloud address I can receive texts from my personal number (which is not the desired use case)

Any thoughts on what it won't activate the business line in iMessage? Note that it's working properly on my iPad.

The iPhone 7 is still on 12.4.1, updating to 13 may help. Going to try that.

Quick update, iOS13 seemed to have fixed it for iMessage. But SMS messages are not forwarding. Is that intended behavior?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
What's everyone's go-to photo editing app nowadays? Trying to make a more concerted effort to take good photos.

Not too bothered if it's premium or subscription as long as it's good and updated.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

101 posted:

What's everyone's go-to photo editing app nowadays? Trying to make a more concerted effort to take good photos.

Not too bothered if it's premium or subscription as long as it's good and updated.

Lightroom?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

101 posted:

I use a lot of photo editing apps. Some have specific purposes, others have a lot of overlap in functionality.

Snapseed is a really good all-purpose editor. You need one that supports curves, which snapseed does. It has a ton of other options and works well. Try it.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can anyone please recommend a sports app? Would be good to have something that is configurable to give alerts on upcoming games etc for a whole range of sports/teams.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Red_Fred posted:

Can anyone please recommend a sports app? Would be good to have something that is configurable to give alerts on upcoming games etc for a whole range of sports/teams.

theScore.

The Athletic's app is quite good as well if you're a subscriber.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FotMob is incredible but only for soccer.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I use CBS sports to do just that.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah I really can't recommend The Athletic enough. Keep an eye out for subscription sales. The app is shockingly great.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Yeah I really can't recommend The Athletic enough. Keep an eye out for subscription sales. The app is shockingly great.

And the writing is top notch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Is there a recommended .gif keyboard? Coming from Android, that was easily Google's killer app, and the thing I miss most besides custom tones/samples for every notification on every app..

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Mister Facetious posted:

Is there a recommended .gif keyboard? Coming from Android, that was easily Google's killer app, and the thing I miss most besides custom tones/samples for every notification on every app..

I just use the GIPHY app in iMessage.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

I use the Google keyboard and it works...

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I've used Gboard since the day they introduced third party keyboards, it's the best keyboard, hands down. Especially with apple's swipe still being bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
gboard is on ios? Cool.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is there a thread for Shortcuts on these forums? I had a look in both CoC and IYG and didn’t see anything but thought I’d check.

I want to make a shortcut that updates a playlist daily without having to create an all new playlist or just appending onto a playlist and can’t see a way to do it.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Mister Facetious posted:

gboard is on ios? Cool.

Yup I made the switch a few days ago and definitely prefer it now over the stock iOS keyboard.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Gboard has been around for years. Any changes from ios13 to it? I'm not thrilled with the iOS swipe, getting the wrong word is aggravating to correct compared to gboard and the swipe back to delete triggers too often.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

TraderStav posted:

Gboard has been around for years. Any changes from ios13 to it? I'm not thrilled with the iOS swipe, getting the wrong word is aggravating to correct compared to gboard and the swipe back to delete triggers too often.

No change that I've seen. (Actually I see less crashing, but I think I'm an outlier in that, I've never seen anyone else complain of that and it's not bad enough for me to not use the keyboard)

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I used to use gboard and then they made the default keyboard useful, so I don’t anymore. I do miss a couple things though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

priznat posted:

Is there a thread for Shortcuts on these forums? I had a look in both CoC and IYG and didn’t see anything but thought I’d check.

I want to make a shortcut that updates a playlist daily without having to create an all new playlist or just appending onto a playlist and can’t see a way to do it.

If there is, I want to know. I just found out the other day that you can trigger shortcuts with NFC tags, and now I want to learn how to make use of Shortcuts too. (My one attempt, add a playlist to up next in Music, causes the app to crash. I'm somehow that bad.)

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Email released an update fixing push notifications. I thought it was either iOS 13 or my iCloud backup but nope. Seems to be working fine now.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

priznat posted:

IUG posted:

If there is, I want to know. I just found out the other day that you can trigger shortcuts with NFC tags, and now I want to learn how to make use of Shortcuts too. (My one attempt, add a playlist to up next in Music, causes the app to crash. I'm somehow that bad.)

be the change you want to see in the world

posting is free

death is certain

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm too dumb at shortcuts to make a thread on it. That's like making a photoshop thread in GBS and telling people to do the 'shopping for them.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, quick B&W photo app? I recently upgraded from a 6S to an 11 Pro, and one of my favorite photo apps, Vint B&W MII, didn’t make it over. All my other apps transferred over just fine, but the Vint B&W all still shows a cloud/download icon. When I try to download it I get an error message saying it’s no longer available from the app store :(

It’s a bummer because I’ve been using that app for B&W photos since the iPhone 4. It was just super quick and easy to use. No fiddling around with different effects or anything; it just applied the same particular B&W mix to every photo. “Alright, what photo did you want to make B&W? This one? DONE. Next!”

I know there’s tons of photo apps out there that can do B&W in any way you want, and you can even do it in the native Photos.app, but the thing I want is just a quick, auto-B&W application, not dicking around with sliders and stuff.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Shnakepup posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, quick B&W photo app? I recently upgraded from a 6S to an 11 Pro, and one of my favorite photo apps, Vint B&W MII, didn’t make it over. All my other apps transferred over just fine, but the Vint B&W all still shows a cloud/download icon. When I try to download it I get an error message saying it’s no longer available from the app store :(

It’s a bummer because I’ve been using that app for B&W photos since the iPhone 4. It was just super quick and easy to use. No fiddling around with different effects or anything; it just applied the same particular B&W mix to every photo. “Alright, what photo did you want to make B&W? This one? DONE. Next!”

I know there’s tons of photo apps out there that can do B&W in any way you want, and you can even do it in the native Photos.app, but the thing I want is just a quick, auto-B&W application, not dicking around with sliders and stuff.

Photoshop Express

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Shnakepup posted:

You can do live filters in the stock camera app and have it default to the last filter you used whenever it launches. And there are a couple different b&w filters built in, so why use a separate app?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’m looking for an app where I can click on 4 points to mark the corners of a rectangle and then have it crop and straighten/fix the perspective. Anyone have any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m looking for an app where I can click on 4 points to mark the corners of a rectangle and then have it crop and straighten/fix the perspective. Anyone have any suggestions?

Notes, Evernote and Scanner Pro all do this.